Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 951 through 975 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    tvp1
    Participant

bottom line is, if you don’t want Keatts, then we need Archie to lose, pronto. No, don’t give me this “karma” nonsense. Every indication is that he has not told us a firm “no.” No Joe Miller interviews with Giglio, for instance, like we had in 2011. If Yow’s waiting on a firm answer from Archie, we need that answer ASAP because Wade won’t be there for long.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wade kinda f-cked us by losing. He was supposed to stay busy until Monday-ish, too. Selfish bastard.

packbackr04
    Participant

this cant be happening

tvp1
    Participant

and….now the “will wade to Clemson” rumors starting.

pakfanistan
    Participant

VEHEMYTH
    Participant

We are being Trolled, no way this is going to end this way.

This was put out so the media will leave Archie alone as long as he is still playing. No more questions if he advances though the bracket.

It’s got to be… Right!!!

On second thought need to stop by the ABC store on the way home, might need it this week.

Hamlet
    Participant

I know the beauty of the forums is for fans to share their current thoughts and the emotional roller coasters that inevitably ensue. I enjoy the banter, complaining, desperation, excitement…all of it. But I seriously think some need to just take a breath and relax a bit before jumping the gun on this search or any candidate. Yes, we have the many scars from coaching searches past, and I am as pissed as anyone about the current state of our basketball program. My adult life has consisted of watching Sendek, Lowe and Gottfried on the sidelines. I was in high school when Les was coaching, and remember those years all too well, also.

I am skeptical…even cynical, probably. Hell, State can screw up a cup of coffee. But I honestly think that every candidate being mentioned could have success at State. Do I know this for sure? Of course, not. Could any of them flame out badly? Hell yes. Archie has been the number one choice all along. Hopefully Wichita State will win tonight and we will have that answer ASAP (assuming it already is not a firm “no” – I do not buy the Giglio story fully).

But I do believe that Keatts could do well at State. He gets maximum effort from his guys and has many current and past players in the NBA and has the endorsement of those who know him well. Some have called Keatts a slightly better version of Gottfried. Would that really be all that bad? That would probably mean us knocking on the door of the Top 25 and making tournaments most years, with some potentially very strong teams.

I also think Wade, although facing a significant learning curve, could also be a strong hire. I probably favor Keatts over Wade at this time, but my judgement would hinge a lot on the knowledge of those around the game. This is information we do not have…at least most of us do not. I worked in the athletic department during Lowe’s tenure…knew all of the players and coaches, but have no sources at all now that are contact.

I usually hate pie-in-the-sky optimism. Go ahead and rant away. I am going to let this play out without jumping off of a cliff and certainly going to give the new guy a chance to lose 🙂

BJD95
    Keymaster

yeah, but the ABC store today must be like the mall on Christmas Eve!! 😀

VEHEMYTH
    Participant

BJD it might be in Raleigh today!!

tractor57
    Participant

ryebread
    Participant

I’m not a Crean fan because he’s by accounts (know of someone who worked with him at Marquette) a complete ass. If IU decides they can’t put up with you and can only stand you if you are winning, then that is saying something given the long leash they gave the General. I also tend to think that his record at IU was fairly mixed, and represents his ceiling at a high major.

Could we do worse? Absolutely, and we have. Would he do better than Keatts? I don’t know. Would I hire him over Archie? Not a chance. Would I hire him over Keatts? Unclear……………… It’d come down to interviews, the desire they have for the job, their vision, the contract numbers, etc..

albunde55
    Participant

End this misery! Move to SEC, “F” the blues and the ACC!

tvp1
    Participant
    OutWestWolf
    Participant

Do the big $$s that it is assumed Marshall wants/needs take him off the list. He’s at 3.3 now, is letting him turn down 4.2-4.5 just not an option?

It is beyond my belief that there is a need to hit the panic button and hire the floor candidate in the next 120 hours. If that’s where we are then there are people at AD and above that are way overpaid!

Wulfpack
    Participant

I am officially done with NC State basketball. DONE.

JeremyH
    Participant

What just happened?

BJD95
    Keymaster

I am officially done with NC State basketball. DONE.

Same. I don’t even have the energy to flame this on the front page anymore. It’s just a garbage hire by a garbage AD that was kept on by a garbage, callow administration.

State won’t get another dollar from me until the day I die. And NC State athletics is officially dead today.

Fastback68
    Participant

Keats, yow panicked.

JSR2000
    Participant

Maybe that Uber ride with Murphy really happened after all

BKwolf
    Participant

Lol, I know you guys rightfully thought I was trolling you about the uber ride but I wasn’t.

tvp1
    Participant

I posted this 5 days ago. 100% on the money. I’m only surprised that it happened before getting a clear “no” from Archie. Even a quicker push on the easy button than I thought.

It will be Keatts.

Yow’s top priority will be avoiding another drawn-out disaster like 2011 and 2006. So she will press the easy button. Keatts wants the job and will campaign hard for it, sounds like he is already. He’ll have reasonable salary demands. Local and national media will praise the hire (said praise coming with an implicit or explicit “they finally figured out their place” message). It won’t be hard to sell most fans – coming off a huge year, turned around UNCW quickly, Pitino lineage, great recruiting ties. He will kill it in the first press conference.

If and when it doesn’t work out, Yow will be retired. She’ll have gone out on a high note and avoided controversy and embarrassment. Her successor will be left dealing with the fallout.

Just prepare yourselves. This is what will happen. Hell, maybe it even works out…though I doubt it will.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Needed a home run, got a bunt single.

tvp1
    Participant

That said, no more bitching from me about the hire. He’s our guy and I’m behind him 100%. Welcome Coach Keatts!

WolfWiz11
    Participant

A little part of me just died.

I emailed Yow back in Feb, before she fired Gott. This morning, as I was watching this saga unfold, here and on Twitter, I considered emailing her again. But like most of you, I think I’m done caring. Clearly, our administration is happy with remaining the laughingstock of the Triangle.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

Just prepare yourselves. This is what will happen. Hell, maybe it even works out…though I doubt it will.

Without doubt I hope it works out. Good Luck Coach Keats and welcome to the Pack!

Yow = Jethro. NC State must move on from her on the same type of time line she hired Keats. The question is not why does State struggle with coaching hires it is why does state struggle with AD hires?!

Viewing 25 posts - 951 through 975 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.