Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    packbackr04
    Participant

i hope youre right BJD. thats from this weekend and its Seans son with her. Im sure she knows that WP nation is going to eat that up and it was going to get a huge reaction from us so i am trying to take it with a grain of salt…. please Debbie, dont screw this up.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I can’t believe his wife tweeted a picture of her doing the Wolfpack hand sign yesterday. She went here though, right? So of course she’s a fan, but I imagine that will be deleted in short order. Can’t believe Arch would be cool with having that out in the social media-sphere considering the situation.

JeremyH
    Participant

Wait, what do you think it means? Some kind of wolfpack morse code? “Beep Beep..Forget..Beep..About..Beep Beep Beep..Marshall”? Doesn’t mean anything. And note, getting an offer from UNC-Raleigh is good for Arch whether or not he accepts it. And for the record I’m on-board for Keatts.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Wait, what do you think it means? Some kind of wolfpack morse code? “Beep Beep..Forget..Beep..About..Beep Beep Beep..Marshall”? Doesn’t mean anything. And note, getting an offer from UNC-Raleigh is good for Arch whether or not he accepts it. And for the record I’m on-board for Keatts.

I’m just saying, even if it doesn’t mean anything, it’s not a good look to be tweeting out Mr. Wolf hand signals while your husband is coaching at Dayton and already fielding questions about NC State reaching out to him.

It’s rather bizarre if you ask me.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Here’s a nice article:
    DBR: Featherston: Why Does The Media Hate NC State?

Can State be great again? Of course it can.

I know nothing of Mr. Featherston but that article was spot on and should be posted in the Wolfpack Sports Hall of Fame. It should also be used in the interview of any prospective candidate for the MBB Head Coach position. If you don’t know the history, you don’t belong at NCSU.

Fastback68
    Participant

Troll is being kind. The Millers should know State’s history very well.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I know nothing of Mr. Featherston

He used to write for one of the local newspapers (Durham?) and got downsized. He’s written for Duke Basketball Report since then. (While obviously Devil-centric, it’s still a site with plenty of good content and analysis.) There are quite a large number of sports reporters around the country that I would have gotten rid of before him.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Wiki’s take on Matta:

Thad Matta, former head coach at Butler and Xavier, was hired by Ohio State in July 2004.[2] Ohio State has won 20 or more games in all of Matta’s twelve seasons, received a berth in the NCAA tournament eight times, and made it to the Sweet Sixteen four times and to the Final Four twice. Ohio State has also been the Big Ten regular-season champions five times and Big Ten Tournament champions three times, appearing in the championship game six times.

OSU went to NIT last year after 7 straight NCAAT appearances. Year by year breakdown:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_Buckeyes_men%27s_basketball

Not necessarily on our list. Just posting about a potential, competing destination for Archie.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

This is Crean’s 9th year at Indiana. He took them to the NCAAT 4 times with 3 S-16’s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Hoosiers_men%27s_basketball#Tom_Crean_Era_.282008-present.29

Not necessarily on our list. Just posting about a potential, competing destination for Archie.

Pack1997
    Participant

Fortunately both of those potentially competing offers are in the B1G. The conference isn’t a bunch of cupcakes either. From a competition standpoint it will be just as difficult as in the ACC.

GoldenChain
    Participant

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Archie’s wife is a State alumni and from Rowan county where her family lives. There may be some internal family pressure to give some additional consideration to the State job.
    Of course Archie’s dad doesn’t want his grandbabies down where the evil in-laws have easy access to them!

The life of a college coach is hard on a marriage and a family so keeping momma happy can’t be ignored.

duckfatrules
    Participant

another article somewhere said that Archie would wait out an offer from Ohio State? IF OSU were to let Thad Matta go with his history then the press should roast them. an article today said that Matta is still popular with the fans, I cant see OSU letting Matta go, can anyone? are they more delusional than us Wolfpack fans?
    Archie could take our job and still go to OSU if they offer sometime in the future. I cant see Archie holding out for something that may never happen?
    Crean has not done anything spectacular at IU, I would hate to take him.

duckfatrules
    Participant

what ages are Archie’s kids, that could have some affect on mom wanting to be near Mom

edit looks like one daughter around 10 years olf

Texpack
    Participant

Wow, Mrs. Miller wasn’t too subtle with that tweet. Looks like the Millers will be “signing” with the Wolfpack.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Wow, Mrs. Miller wasn’t too subtle with that tweet. Looks like the Millers will be “signing” with the Wolfpack.

Mmmmmmm, yessssss, get those expectations nice and high…

excellent

Mike
    Participant

The Mrs Archie tweet was another $1M a year signal. Sure, we will listen but instead of $2.5M that is $3.5M. That is her take of the raise for the shopping and other expenses she will incur.

Of course in my house, if I made $3.5M it would still be $1 for me and $3.499999M for her.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I am ready to welcome the new King and Queen of Tobacco Road. After Arch does well (but selfishly, not TOO well) in the dance.

The more I think on it…a troll job would just be too mean. Has to be a bat signal sent out by a confident young lady. We could use some confidence down West Raleigh way…even swagger, I dare say.

Fastback68
    Participant

Yow might have jumped on this search a lot sooner than most fans think. The OOC results or behind the scene issues no one wants to discuss.

kwfpack
    Participant

Call me pessimistic, but that tweet was the ultimate kiss of death. Her latest tweet back tracks a little. I’m with BJD, we got one chance a tier one, Archie, offer 3.5 to 4 mill for 7 years if he don’t take it go straight to Wade with 3 mill for 5 years.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

like a friggin pyscho I’m looking through her twitter feed.. looks like there was some talk of students not showing up for the games

StateRed44
    Participant

wow i’m stoked

Adventuroo
    Participant

Troll,
    I gave up getting psychological dirt on folks after the Daniel Ellsburg caper fiasco, so I won’t Check out your mental state.

If you watched the flyers game Saturday, you would know that THEIR PNC Arena was sold out @13,000. That was probably about 25% more than showed up earlier at OUR PNC.

Do some googling. They have a loyal fan base that actually shows UP after they purchase tickets.

BJD95
    Keymaster

They will show up at our hockey arena when Arch wins games – or at least COMPETES – with a team that doesn’t mail it in 2 times out of 3.

Heck, Fresh Market miraculously had strawberry rhubarb pies tonight (THANKS, global warming!!) so I think the stars must just be aligning favorably for a change.

ALSO – let this be an official Politburo decree. It is BAD JUJU to cheer against our hopeful future king in the dance. A mere silver lining when he becomes available to talk to us. But THIS corner of the wolven interwebs shall be free of negative energy toward his side’s performance, which no doubt means a lot to Arch.

choppack1
    Participant

Yea. I am not going to read anything good or bad into tweet.

And I am pulling for the flyers.

If Arch comes here – great, he is my a1 candidate. If not there’s others. What has made these job searches disasterous is the hires after the big fish turned us down:
    Sean Miller and Marshall were available in the Lowe search.
    Archie was available as was Lon Krueger (I think Dana Altman may have been available as well.)

Have a plan – execute said plan, unless it’s something you drew up on a bev napkin at the Angus barn.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It just further underscores the point that when you miss on your first and second choice, and it gets reported as such, other candidates quickly lose interest.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.