Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 926 through 950 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    wolpfack
    Participant

Maybe. Never know now as word is Keatts is the primary and meeting with folks today.

Keatts is A primary target

Correct…word in the media is he is A primary. I’m saying I’ve heard he is THE.

Don’t want to be more wrong and hope we make one last move towards Marshall or Miller, but methinks those ships have passed.

Wulfpack
    Participant

God almighty…

BJD95
    Keymaster

^ We could be taking heat off Arch (again) whilst his team plays. Builds the Sid/Gott love child’s public profile, too – so mutual benefit.

/I could be rationalizing as much as the wolves who say “who wants Arch anyhow?” but sticking with it until I get solid intel from the inside otherwise

JeremyH
    Participant

There is nothing at all to be positive about if it is Keatts. I could find a better coach at any number of rec centers. I know good basketball and what I saw yesterday was trash. He does not coach defense.

yes, replacing Gott with Keatts is the same ilk of Gott replacing Lutz with recruiters. wrong direction.

JeremyH
    Participant

whoever sends emails to Yow and gets them returned needs to send her a “come to jesus” email nowish

freshmanin83
    Participant

Well if it is Keats I hope he brings Byron and Shelley with him.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We have already endured the Lowe and Gottfried eras. NO F-CKING MORE BULLSH-T. Get us a real coach, or turn in your retirement papers and go the hell home. I am 100% done with the power of positive thinking. This is the crucial moment of transition in the ACC, and we need to stake our claim with something REAL to back it up.

does Woodson have veto power?

did it occur to any of the powers that be that have her run the search is a bad idea, since its more about avoiding egg on her face?

I have no freaking idea, beyond the vague sense that her hand was forced in firing MG to start with (which is NOT a unanimous insider read). Admin is hard to get a sense of, which I fear means “tuned out and trying to avoid any fallout.”

Manu Ginobili
    Participant

It’s going to be Vinny del Negro, remember this.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

With zero inside knowledge, I don’t understand why the prevailing school of thought seems to be – Miller not interested and its onto to Keats. Where’s the f*&$%#g middle ground?

Either way if Keats ends up on the payroll I will without doubt hope he kicks ass, regardless of what I thought of the hire. Maybe he is the man! That mindset will go for 2 years then a 3rd year of wondering why and then we can go through three more years of this.

Unequivocally, the people in charge should get serious, stop rolling the dice and pay one of the top three candidates (Keats should NOT be in that list) enough to make them come to Raleigh with a smile.

JeremyH
    Participant

on second thought, Woodson might want to stay away from this, its good to have “fall guys” especially when they will be vacating themselves shortly.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Let me see if I understand….

The PURPOSE of the $90K Search was to “Identify” those coaches that would have an interest in the NCSU job…assuming that an equitable salary arrangement could be reached.

It was supposed to be a Priority Ranked (as to their interest) list….

OK…based on the “Rules” of Coaches, AD’s, Consultants, Pimp’s, etc….

Any GOOD candidate who is amenable to “Consider a change” HAS to tell his agent YES or NO or MAYBE….and it ends there. He is SUPPOSED to be working on his next game. THEN the Consultant huddles with the Agents and compiles the list. Yow SHOULD have had the list early in the week or at least a partial.

THEN, she starts to decide WHO is number one for US…and that depends on their records and their $$’s and the phase of the moon.

NOW, did somebody LEAK again from AD Yow’s office….or was it a PLANTED leak to heal the savage WPN Fans and prevent on campus (or at the Gov’s office with Rev BB leading and bullhorns) Demonstrations….heretofore only reserved for a Trump Supporter.

IF Joe G’s tweet DOES have basis (and I read the OTHER thread), then you make the call. Leaked (as in DEEP STATE) or “News Flash” so that the fans are NOT yelling and screaming when ANYONE but the Prodigal Son, Archie, is announced.

SO…assume it is TRUE. Then Yow has to start with the OTHER candidates (if Archie was EVEN on the preliminary list).

Remember, this is NOT the Blacklist (or Redemption). We can NOT send a black ops team (or a Femme Fatalle) to Dayton and kidnap his family and then hold them for ransom. HE HAS to want to come. If he does NOT, then LET GO OF IT. If you don’t think that AD Yow is handling this right….write her or Dr. Woodson.

NOW…assuming that Archie was not EVEN on the list (his agent politely said, THANKS…but NO THANKS). BUT, if you want to really know, call Jon (Archie’s Dad….) Ask HIM…

Therefore, we must go forward. Where was it leaked the Marshall, Alford, GHOSTS ((DES’s Valvano, Wooden, Rupp, Case, Sloan, et) were or were NOT considered. Sometimes the little piece of the puzzle that represents 1% is NOT the Rosetta Stone.

If NO big time (and Buck$) coaches said “YES….call me when I QUIT playing”….then that is what it is.

Perhaps they READ here or have surrogates read us and PP and know how loonie we can sometimes be. Perhaps Herbie is NOW pulling a Gary Williams….perhaps Gottfried is texting them….

Keats, Wade, Moton, Kelsey, Lutz or whomever you want (FIB) are probably being talked to. IF there is, and I HOPE there, is a BIG TIME NAME….we DO run a risk of letting the top of our list get away waiting for him to lose….and THEN Indiana or the Warrior come after him. Remember how we “GOTT Shaka and then HE – NOT YOW or actually Shaka’s WIFE reneged..and we GOTT GOTT…

BUT if you don’t have an “IN” and you have NOT hacked Yow’s email, texts or voice….then WHERE is the valid info…

WHOA….some folks need to have a drink or switch to DeCaf or go out and walk a few miles….

Wulfpack
    Participant

Gary Parrish reporting Keatts is the front runner.

BJD95
    Keymaster

With zero inside knowledge, I don’t understand why the prevailing school of thought seems to be – Miller not interested and its onto to Keats. Where’s the f*&$%#g middle ground?

Either way if Keats ends up on the payroll I will without doubt hope he kicks ass, regardless of what I thought of the hire. Maybe he is the man! That mindset will go for 2 years then a 3rd year of wondering why and then we can go through three more years of this.

Unequivocally, the people in charge should get serious, stop rolling the dice and pay one of the top three candidates (Keats should NOT be in that list) enough to make them come to Raleigh with a smile.

Remember when I said “A or F” a few days ago??

Wulfpack
    Participant

I want my $90,000 back.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Hey Deb, if you are reading, be sure to ask him how he managed to finish DFL in the CAA in defense this year, and what his plan to remedy that at NC state would be. Let us know what he says.

Adventuroo
    Participant

TO ALL….

I DO get Emails returned. BUT, I do NOT tell her how to DO HER JOB. I tried that once with Randy and he promptly sent it to her and she explained (with more professionalism than my rant) WHY she did it and explained the bigger picture.

We have debate two subjects where I was being persistent and she said that it was her call and she appreciated the input, but the circumstances would not permit her to take my well conceived plan and implement it.

Write her….you WILL get a response….I’m fixing to….but NOT about this.

The Ladies just WON….were up almost 30 at one point. Survive and Advance….

Chew on THIS….The NCAA “slighted” NCSU in the seedings. Thus the women had to travel to Texas. NOTE, Texas is seriously considering their OWN HB2 and Houston VOTED theirs OUT. SO, we LOST the Home Court (Reynolds would have been showcased). Duke GOT the HC advantage….but the NCAA knows THEY are progressive and that it was the EVIL NCSU fans that voted for them scalawags that kept the NCGA in power.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hey Deb, if you are reading, be sure to ask him how he managed to finish DFL in the CAA in defense this year, and what his plan to remedy that at NC state would be. Let us know what he says.

amen, hallelujah

Pack1997
    Participant

Hell at this point give the job to Wes Moore. At least he has earned it!

nav
    Participant

Ah hell, who needs defense. Look at the bright side. If he sucks, then we get to have this fun in 5-6 years from now. Start lining up your coach in waiting choices now boys.

JeremyH
    Participant

maybe he can bring in Lutz?

rky
    Participant

If it turns out we end up with Keats, I will no longer be preoccupied with NC State athletics. Plenty of time to do other interesting things with my time. Keats would be a monumentally uninspiring hire and serve to demonstrate the current administration is content with mediocrity. I’d wish him well but, along with DD and the state of State football, I do not see any reason to spend my time and money worrying about this half-bit circus of an athletic department anymore.

GO PACK!

packbackr04
    Participant

oh dear god. we have entered the twilight zone. Its GOT to be WADE over Keatts. If its true that Miller has shut us down, Is there any way we get past Wade? i mean holy $hitballs.

Yow should have been given a fake title and relieved of her AD duties back in Feb when Gott was released and we should have a new AD running this show. For the love of all that is holy how does State manage to screw everything up to the Nth degree?

Wulfpack
    Participant

If he sucks, then we get to have this fun in 5-6 years from now.

More like 3. Yow is about to give her replacement his (or her) first assignment. Keatts is going to stink out loud if he’s the guy, and we will know it very soon.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

I will NEVER fantasize over Morgan again dammit!

JeremyH
    Participant

is this a leak to put pressure on Arch?

Viewing 25 posts - 926 through 950 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.