Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 701 through 725 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    44rules
    Participant

Interesting….to me….perhaps others….article. A lot of insight….maybe? Last night I stayed up a little after midnight and was channel surfing for a “Put me to SLEEP Ballgame”. Unfortunately, ESPN was running Whitt’s “Survive and advance”. Could NOT resist it….may fade tonight during the WFU game.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article138401363.html

Interesting….to me….perhaps others….article. A lot of insight….maybe? Last night I stayed up a little after midnight and was channel surfing for a “Put me to SLEEP Ballgame”. Unfortunately, ESPN was running Whitt’s “Survive and advance”. Could NOT resist it….may fade tonight during the WFU game.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article138401363.html

Good Lord what an idiot this writer is. Hiring Case propelled State to the top of the Southern Conference. The ACC didn’t exist at the time. Sheesh.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Wulfpack
    Participant

Crean might leave to get another contract at a P5 while he can. IU isnt upping his current one and he will probably be out next year regardelss. So why not go get a 5 or 6 year deal somewhere else, ala Herb Sendek.

He can get another P5 gig after he is fired from IU next year. He isn’t going anywhere on his own volition.

Adventuroo
    Participant

TexPack,

I hope you did not think that I was plagurizing your posts or taking credit for them. I DO try to read all the posts and go back. That N&O article was a summary that was of interest to me and not every poster here has an N&O tab on their browser.

ALL…

Tried to post this as NEW Forum….and the server got cantankerous….it MAY appear, but who knows….

DIVERSION or “No NEW NEWS” was a comment that someone made here or in the OTHER thread.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bdavidridpath/2017/03/14/north-carolina-academic-fraud-case-takes-another-sorry-turn/#1c587e78136b

without hijacking this thread, IF you want some diversion….suggest you read it.

Seems to me that the UNC Mole in the NCAA or perhaps even the NCAA “leakers” have put UNC on notice that there is “Greater WEIGHT of Evidence” in that they committed academic fraud and there are grounds for LOIC. Banners may be taken down.

I WONDER who (or what UNC Slush Fund) is paying Deborah’s Shyster? I THINK that the folks have huddled. NOW, despite their best efforts, they are gonna HAVE to let Deborah TALK. I wonder if she has been sent to an undisclosed location for covert operatives training and they have DRILLED her on WHAT to say.

NOW she will come off as the “Champion” of the Academically Downtrodden. She provided “Customized Educational Opportunities” to students who were brilliant but did not have time to go to class or could not read or whatever. No Attorney comes up with THAT phrase. It is a WELL CRAFTED and Highly Paid PR Consultant….and I suspect it came from the UNC Crowd…

UNC has also taken away her “Scartlett C” trappings and she is now allowed back in the commune.

The Roo Theory (No, I am NOT a conspiracy advocate) is that with Deborah’s cooperation, she can “provide plausible denialability” to many of the allegations in the Wainstein report. Thus, that will “soften it up a bit”. So, there will be some “Reasonable Doubt” and the NCAA will render a less severe penalty.

Is Deborah getting HUSH money from the Rams Club? Will she be a candidate for an Academy Award? IF she can work in the name TRUMP into her explanation….it is a SHOE IN…

So, in the end….it is a gamble….but if there is any substance or coverage….wonder HOW the ESPN (UNC Grad President) SPIN will be.

Back to the SEARCH…in BOTH cases….Desperate TIMES calls for DESPERATE MEASURES….

Texpack
    Participant

TexPack,

I hope you did not think that I was plagurizing your posts or taking credit for them. I DO try to read all the posts and go back. That N&O article was a summary that was of interest to me and not every poster here has an N&O tab on their browser.

I was talking about the N&O article being an expansion of my post on the search. I didn’t think that comment actually got posted either as I was having WiFi issues last night at the house.

I’ve never gotten the Joe Biden vibe from anybody on this board. Everybody on here loves the Pack, hates the Holes, and believes we can exercise our constitutionally guaranteed “pursuit of happiness” by trying to win championships in basketball. Any fights we have amongst ourselves are just good family squabbles and no offense is ever taken by me. Things are going to get better for Wolfpack basketball.

nav
    Participant

So I’m hearing Martin, if true, is being offered 3.5M/yr for 5 yrs to take the Missouri gig. That seems like a LOT of case for Martin.

Pack1997
    Participant

I do’t understand why so many posters are listing Wade as number 2 and Keatts 3. What about Holtmann? The guy can coach and I think is a realistic pickup if we don’t get Archie.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I like Holtmann just a tad more than Wade and hoped they were 2A and 2B. Felt better about that a week ago.

JeremyH
    Participant

the carousel has finally turned…
    “Cuonzo Martin has agreed to 7-year deal with Missouri, source told ESPN. Done deal.”
    who wants to coach at Cal?

Pack1997
    Participant

BJD is that because of how well Butler did in the tourney or something else.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I honestly dunno what happened with the “middle tier” but it seems to be eroding beneath our feet. But who knows, stuff changes quickly.

Good pickup for Mizzou, given their rung in the food chain. It would be damned embarrassing for them to make a better hire than NC State, wouldn’t it??

Wulfpack
    Participant

Good solid hire for Mizzouso in the span of five years Martin goes from Missouri State to Tennessee to Cal to Mizzou. Wow.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Taking things WAY off topic, this Champions League tie between Monaco and Man City is bananas.

nav
    Participant

So now Illinois is rumored to be making an offer of 4.8 MILLION for Bennett. I have a feeling State will be shopping at Big Lots for a coach. I just don’t think our admin has the nuts to pony up over 3M for a coach.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Price of poker going up, we should play or go back to the SoCon.

McCallum
    Participant

Norman Dale

McCallum

NeverGiveUp
    Participant

What do we care what NC State pays? It isnt our monwy.Ifthe market dictates a Martin type coach is worth that then so be it Pony up or settle for something less than Martin

NeverGiveUp
    Participant

What do we care what NC State pays? It isnt our money.If the market dictates a Martin type coach is worth that then so be it Pony up or settle for something less than Martin

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Pay to Play… EVERYBODY incl. NCSU does it…

yes, it’s relative but you still get what you PAY for… at least, most of the time….

It ALL depends on who you are or wannbe and what you really want to do….

Silence is deafening….

Just Order another round and ANTE UP to the table, boys…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    JeremyH
    Participant

BJDs comment that tier 2 is eroding is not the best news I’ve heard today. Can someone say why in the world Bennett would consider going to Illinois? I don’t see that happening.

nav
    Participant

Don’t know the politics behind the scenes but let’s say we offered 3.9M for a coach, would the BOG approve?

choppack1
    Participant

It makes no sense to me either

I don’t think Bennett can do much more at Illinois than he has done @ Uva. But who knows.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I have always thought Bennett would end up in the Big 10. I just never thought it’d be Illinois. If that’s where he wants to be, Bloomington sounds about right.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Washington fires Romar.

duckfatrules
    Participant

maybe Gott could go to Cal or Washington. that would be a good fit
    we will find out now how much everyone thought of our coach

MrPlywood
    Participant

Post poofed.

Edited version: Is State a stepping stone job or a destination job?

Viewing 25 posts - 701 through 725 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.