Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 826 through 850 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    StateRed44
    Participant

But seriously, Chris Collins………..

I think Chris Collins would be a homerun hire. Look at the genes and coaching tree.
    I don’t care if amaker and dawkins did not realize the success that was expected. sooner or later (the odds are) a great coach will come out of the K tree and Collins has everything going for him. I am not a Duke or UNC hater. I have parents, wife and kids that attended (graduated from) both schools.

Chris Collins would be an exceptional hire, as good as we could ever get. but I doubt he would accept if we offer. we missed that chance when NW plucked him from Duke

Go back and look I was arguing for Collins 6 years ago.

duckfatrules
    Participant

I like Wade, but if he is so good why is VCU a 10 seed and Saint Mary’s a 7 seed?
    is the West coast conference that better a conference than the Atlantic 10?

StateRed44
    Participant

Organization, a balance between offense and defense.

Keatts just recruited a bunch of cast-off talent from high major programs and overwhelmed the low-major environs of the CAA. It’s still Guy Lewis “roll out the ball and see what happens” type crap.

There are intangibles beyond that…but really, that’s enough. He reminds me of what would happen if Sid and Gott had a baby, and he grew up to also be a basketball coach.

How would they hang with UVA’s well oiled machine if that’s the case. Effort was there. Got a huge lead. UVA went ahead then they scrapped back. A little too critical IMO.

Wulfpack
    Participant

A10 is a much stronger conference. Hardly any difference between a 7 and 10 seed.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

TURN THE HEAT UP!!!

Tom Crean out as coach of Indiana after 9 seasons

E$pin

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

INDIANAPOLIS — On the same day the Indiana Hoosiers fired Tom Crean, Wichita State Shockers coach Gregg Marshall, tied to various vacancies in recent years, said neither he nor his reps have spoken to any school about an opening.

But he said one day he’ll probably leave Wichita State. He’s just not sure when.

“Ultimately, maybe I’ll take one,” Marshall said Thursday, the day before his Shockers face Dayton in the NCAA tournament. “But right now, we’re very, very happy where we are. … We’re very content. But at the same time, we don’t bury our head in the sand. I’ve said that before. We listen. Maybe there will be a time for us to make a move, but I don’t know when that’s going to be.”

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18926712/gregg-marshall-wichita-state-shockers-exit-ultimately-maybe

Wulfpack
    Participant

Please Lord let it be time.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

to be fair the UNCW group looked better coached than Gott’s crew this year. But, that’s it we’re ready for Keats. If that’s the case I hope we got at least one more behind the scenes no than Miller.

pakfanistan
    Participant

to be fair the UNCW group looked better coached than Gott’s crew this year pretty much ever. But, that’s it we’re ready for Keats. If that’s the case I hope we got at least one more behind the scenes no than Miller.

BJD95
    Keymaster

UNC-W looked eerily similar to us. They hung with UVA’s “machine” much like we did earlier this year, and for similar reasons (UVA let us hang around by playing poorly). This has been Bennett’s most inconsistent team, and have been in a tailspin since the 2nd week of Feb.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

Gott’s crew this year pretty much ever

Fair enough – but we’re talking 2 years at UNCW – is it fair to say that that’s not aiming high?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Keatts just finished his third year at UNCW. He made the tournament the past two years. Went to the CBI in his first year.

WTNY
    Participant

We all know wade didn’t play in college, right?

Turns out he didn’t play in high school either.

That worries me.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

“The Fighting Foreign Whities” (Saint Mary’s) is fun to watch. Guess we will see how good of a coach Wade is after halftime. So far they have not responded well to his coaching. Looks familiar. Marshall or bust for me. Saw where Moton was getting some interest from Arkansas State. Good for him. Are Randy Bennett and Herb Sendek brothers?

McCallum
    Participant

Norman Dale.

McCallum

JeremyH
    Participant

We should throw everyone off and hire Doug Collins

McCallum
    Participant

Doug Collins sucks.

McCallum

choppack1
    Participant

Vcu still plays an incredibly ugly brand of basketball.

Quite frankly?, it makes me question the quality of basketball that they get more than 10 wins a season.

JeremyH
    Participant

Did St Mary’s coach eat Herb Sendek?

packbackr04
    Participant

WTNY, glad you weren’t in krafts ear when he hired belichek… by your logic, I would never hire a lawyer to work at my firm because he’s never been a lawyer before?

Adventuroo
    Participant

Can you imagine Mikey K pulling a “Collins” in the Locker Room? I think that would be as rare as a certain EX Presidential Candidate slithering into her Hubby’s Bedroom and saying…”Bill, wanna have some fun tonight?”…

That was an amazing victory. Wee Willie Wade looks like he will be on the Red Eye tonight and back in Richmond tomorrow….and his agent will be texting and “cajoling” like mad…

Did anyone ALSO pickup the fact that Kremlin Karl Hess officiated the VCU v UNC-W contest this afternoon? He is like the Beast in Hotel California…..Stab it with their steelie knives, but you just can’t kill the BEAST….”

Wulfpack
    Participant

Other coaches that never played college ball:

Tom Crean
    Buzz Williams
    Scott Drew
    Mick Cronin
    Roy Williams (he played JV)

Wulfpack
    Participant

Steve Alford just said he is not focused on the Indiana opening.

StateRed44
    Participant

VCU not too impressed, herbs evil twin coaches ssaint Marys

jay95
    Participant

1. Marshall
    2. Arch
    3. Holtman

Watching this VCU v Saint Mary’s game I am more impressed with Saint Mary’s coach than Wade. They look like they play solid on both ends. Of course this is the first time I have watched either play, so small sample size. Could Bennett from Saint Mary’s be a dark horse?

Class of 95

Viewing 25 posts - 826 through 850 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.