Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 801 through 825 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    StateRed44
    Participant

Keatts team finished the Colonial conference as the 10th worst team in defense. The COLONIAL!!!!! We just had 6 seasons of that, don’t need anymore.

You gotta look at tempo too. If you watch them the effort is there. I dont want a 100% slow down guy.

JeremyH
    Participant

Keatts team finished the Colonial conference as the 10th worst team in defense. The COLONIAL!!!!! We just had 6 seasons of that, don’t need anymore.

You gotta look at tempo too. If you watch them the effort is there. I dont want a 100% slow down guy.

Kevin, is that you?

JeremyH
    Participant

let’s take Kermit Davis.

packbackr04
    Participant

BJD, you dont think we get below Wade do you?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Bjd – are you saying you don’t like Keatts or Wade?

Or are you saying they aren’t options post-Archie?

Like Wade, despise Keatts.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Who would that be? Steve Lavin?

JeremyH
    Participant

Who would that be? Steve Lavin?

Bruce Pearl?

StateRed44
    Participant

Why wouldn’t Indiana look at Collins?

JeremyH
    Participant

Why wouldn’t Indiana look at Collins?

ask Johnny Dawkins

StateRed44
    Participant

Kevin, is that you?

If there’s one thing I hate it’s a working the shot clock offense. I hate watching UVA,seriously HATE

StateRed44
    Participant

I mean God forbid I do want to be entertained if I’m gonna waste 2 hrs

OutWestWolf
    Participant

yes – I was wondering who is the Steve Lavin of this NCSU coaching search. Wow, is it Keats?

BJD95
    Keymaster

In MY mind, Wade >>>> Keatts. Tons of reasonable candidates below his level. Below Keatts’ level?? I don’t have enough beer to think about that. But I’d rather give the job to Hodge, Vinny the Black, Moton, or someone randomly chosen from the phonebook before Keatts.

Not me making the decision, though, is it??

/pray for Arch

pakfanistan
    Participant

In MY mind, Wade >>>> Keatts.

Based on what? Honestly, I’m coming around on Keatts…………………………….

duckfatrules
    Participant

In MY mind, Wade >>>> Keatts. Tons of reasonable candidates below his level. Below Keatts’ level?? I don’t have enough beer to think about that. But I’d rather give the job to Hodge, Vinny the Black, Moton, or someone randomly chosen from the phonebook before Keatts.

/pray for Arch

what is your big negative on Keatts?
    break it down, maybe Debbie is reading

pakfanistan
    Participant

But seriously, Chris Collins………..

WTNY
    Participant

Did Keatts kill BJD’s dog or something?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Organization, a balance between offense and defense.

Keatts just recruited a bunch of cast-off talent from high major programs and overwhelmed the low-major environs of the CAA. It’s still Guy Lewis “roll out the ball and see what happens” type crap.

There are intangibles beyond that…but really, that’s enough. He reminds me of what would happen if Sid and Gott had a baby, and he grew up to also be a basketball coach.

Fastback68
    Participant

I saw white chocalate playing today. Looked decent distributing the ball but it was against Winthrop.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Organization, a balance between offense and defense.

Keatts just recruited a bunch of cast-off talent from high major programs and overwhelmed the low-major environs of the CAA. It’s still Guy Lewis “roll out the ball and see what happens” type crap.

There are intangibles beyond that…but really, that’s enough. He reminds me of what would happen if Sid and Gott had a baby, and he grew up to also be a basketball coach.

I dont think you could be anymore wrong with that statement

pakfanistan
    Participant

I checked their roster, and they have transfers from Charlotte, Middle Tennesse, and ODU. They’re not exactly flush with high major talent.

Overwhelming talent?

duckfatrules
    Participant

But seriously, Chris Collins………..

I think Chris Collins would be a homerun hire. Look at the genes and coaching tree.
    I don’t care if amaker and dawkins did not realize the success that was expected. sooner or later (the odds are) a great coach will come out of the K tree and Collins has everything going for him. I am not a Duke or UNC hater. I have parents, wife and kids that attended (graduated from) both schools.

Chris Collins would be an exceptional hire, as good as we could ever get. but I doubt he would accept if we offer. we missed that chance when NW plucked him from Duke

Texpack
    Participant

Did not see UNC-W when they were rolling in the first half. When I was watching in the second half they looked like chuckers on offense and they played out of control aggressive on defense. It is the only time I’ve seen them play so I won’t form any lasting opinions from it, but it didn’t get me excited.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I am NOT here to DEFEND Keats. I think that we could do better….and, unfortunately, a LOT worse. However, to compare Lavin and Keats. Now that is really unfair to Keats. It may even qualify as a “Hate Crime”. Good thing that Loretta and Eric ain’t the cheif Legal Go Getter…..otherwise, there would be a DOJ SWAT team, with their M-16’s on full auto at someone’s door.

Lavin is about the slimiest of the Slimey….and we all know the “cloth he is cut From”….just having rid ourselves of one that did not have the Boy Scout of the Year qualities.

Whilst I am expounding….I WILL take exception to the Westwood One’s spots (XM Radio). Was listening to a game (Gonzaga?) and they did a “Salute” to the coaches. They extolled the virtues of ORW…talked about he is virtuous, loyal, kind, trustworthy, reverend, (use the other 8 points). Also talked about how ORW kept up with his players and had NEVER, EVER done anything that even HINTED at an NCAA infraction. That was a “spot” by some sponsor. They will do the same for several other coaches. BUT, what a Crock of Fermenting Feces…

EOR (End of Rant).

nav
    Participant

I dunno, seems to me to be a toss-up between Keatts and Wade. They each have traits I like and some I don’t. Both are a big gamble.
    So if you are Debbie, I would HAVE to think by now that she has been given word on whether or not Arch is interested. So I think if we don’t hear something by tomorrow then it’s not Wade or Keatts. Because if it’s not Arch then I don’t see her waiting on Wade when both are an almost equal gamble.
    So I feel if we don’t hear thru the weekend then it’s really good news OR we are really screwed.

Viewing 25 posts - 801 through 825 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.