Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 776 through 800 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    BKwolf
    Participant

A lot of missed layups by UNCW during that UVA run.

Pack1997
    Participant

so far I see no difference in UNCW and the current state of our Pack, other than one being in the tourney.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bennett is from Wisconsin. Played at Wisconsin Green Bay. Assistant coach under his dad at Wisconsin for four years. He was the national coach of the year at Washington State – a basketball graveyard. Hoos came calling. I have always thought he’d end up in the Big 10. Can’t do much better than IU.

Pack1997
    Participant

I dont think Archie would pick UVA over us. They don’t currently get elite talent, so there is little difference in the two programs, except coaching.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Another factor – IU was paying Crean over $3 million in salary-9th highest in the country. Bennett only makes $2 million at UVa.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I dont think Archie would pick UVA over us. They don’t currently get elite talent, so there is little difference in the two programs, except coaching.

Well, there is actually one big difference – you know who your boss is going to be in 2 years at UVa.

Pack1997
    Participant

Thats not true. You expect your boss to be a certain person but that could change too.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bennett turned down IU in 2008:

After the season, Bennett reportedly turned down an offer to become head coach at Indiana, a job which eventually fell to Marquette coach Tom Crean.[30][31] He also discussed the LSU vacancy at that year’s Final Four, a job that went to Stanford coach Trent Johnson.[32]

Wulfpack
    Participant

Thats not true. You expect your boss to be a certain person but that could change too.

It is absolutely true at State.

NeverGiveUp
    Participant

I bet Bennett’s agent is getting Tony’s name out there to get a raise and an extention for his client.

wolpfack
    Participant

If I were a betting man – Wade or Keatts. $1.5M per year

Adventuroo
    Participant

Wolfpack,

You may be a bit low for Wade. They are sort of secretive, but if you read all the “in the KNOW” articles, VCU talks about Wade being competitive with Archie. In 2015 (April), he was making in excess of One Million. I think that he would be closer to TWO than 1.5. Debbie writes a mean contract….and loads it with opportunities. MEMORY (could look it up) says that Gottfried was $760 K Guaranteed (Buyout) and 1,8XX Supplemental (which is also PAID (Death or Breath). Then there was about 40% in Incentives (Academic and Competitive)….so if he range the chime in both areas, he was at 3.5 Million. Which means he won the NCAA and would be UP for a HEALTHY Raise…

http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/basketball/will-wade-s-five-year-contract-at-vcu-will-pay/article_78f0fa80-ef40-11e4-9b7f-ab12564d7782.html

Two of the “Names” are NOW available for “Talking”. Keats and Kelsey. Gonna be interesting…

JeremyH
    Participant

would Holtzmann go to Indiana? or is that too lateral, and not just geographically.

Wulfpack
    Participant

There is nothing lateral about going from the Big East to the top job in the Big 10.

wolpfack
    Participant

Roo – Might be a bit low and we might end up in a bit of a bidding war, but regardless of the actual cash, from what I understand, those are our two targets. Who knows if Archie and Marshall said no or we decided to go the less expensive route, but bigger picture, my money is on either of them. No clear idea on who the 1A is between them.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Shoot me now (if true).

Texpack
    Participant

would Holtzmann go to Indiana? or is that too lateral, and not just geographically.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see that happen

BJD95
    Keymaster

Holtmann makes a lot of sense for IU. They’d like to see Butler knocked down a peg, too (though they’d never, ever admit it).

I’d still bet Arch to us if you put a gun to my head. But I absolutely HATE what I hear floated as the alternatives, so I am not encouraged.

JeremyH
    Participant

Shoot me now (if true).

I’d still bet Arch to us if you put a gun to my head. But I absolutely HATE what I hear floated as the alternatives, so I am not encouraged.

bang bang.
    I love multi-tasking

choppack1
    Participant

Bjd – are you saying you don’t like Keatts or Wade?

Or are you saying they aren’t options post-Archie?

MrPlywood
    Participant

…from the Indiana AD: “The expectations for Indiana University basketball are to perennially contend for and win multiple Big Ten championships, regularly go deep in the NCAA tournament, and win our next national championship — and more after that. We will identify and recruit a coach who will meet these expectations.”

And people think State is a tough job.

Texpack
    Participant

…from the Indiana AD: “The expectations for Indiana University basketball are to perennially contend for and win multiple Big Ten championships, regularly go deep in the NCAA tournament, and win our next national championship — and more after that. We will identify and recruit a coach who will meet these expectations.”

And people think State is a tough job.

Crean won two of the last five BIG titles and he inherited a dumpster fire. Who do they think they are?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Make Indiana Great Again. Bring back Knight.

Pack1997
    Participant

Keatts team finished the Colonial conference as the 10th worst team in defense. The COLONIAL!!!!! We just had 6 seasons of that, don’t need anymore.

StateRed44
    Participant

With those expectations they ain’t looking g at Archie, more like Sean

Viewing 25 posts - 776 through 800 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.