Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 751 through 775 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    13OT
    Participant

The NCSU coaching hire to me that epitomizes the Wolfpack administrative mindset is the one who amassed a 6-170 record in volleyball before she was finally fired, and then she sued the school.

We have a recent history of bad coaching hires, but worse yet, as evidenced by recent football and basketball hires, we keep ’em forever.

JSR2000
    Participant

Long-time reader here…My gut feeling all along has been that this search ends well. We’re due to get it right, so I echo BJD’s sentiment:

Focus all of your mental and spiritual energy on Arch.

Adventuroo
    Participant

McC,

William Tarlton Turner, Manager (Founder) of Collegiate Sports Associates. LLC with vacant lot as mailing address

Best I remember…may be flawed…

C. D. Spangler, UNC BOG, issued report. BOG actually had a Task Force – Chairman – Special Investigator. Mr Spangler or members of his “Investigative Committee” posed a question to Jimmy V. “Coach, why didn’t you just give your players a little more money each month, that way they would not have had to sell their shoes and tickets and we would not be here…?

UNC dominated BOG mistakenly thought NCSU did things The Carolina Way

That morphed into UNC BOG advising NCSU BOT to “make changes”. Todd was hired. Academic requirements MORE stringent. Tighter than student body as a whole.

NCSU BOT also was complicit in Dr. Monteith’s witch hunt of Jimmy V and endorsed all the “guidances”

Later on, Circa 1992/3, Dean Smith had John Swofford “grease the skids” for AFAM at UNC – “Diversity”. NEW chapter in “The Carolina Way”.

Turner better hope he did not make V’s “hereafter” list like Claude Sitton.

Todd still consulting. Offered services to Yow in 2011 for MBB search

Time for technosquad to remove Turner from digital and archived records

Turner info is easy to find.

Back to the main program….

tractor57
    Participant

Given the current state of major college athletics JV was string up by our own. Problems? Yes. But the history will always be NC State screwed him – not entirely accurate but more right than wrong.

choppack1
    Participant

Mike – time will tell. Sooner or later he has to do it on a stage bigger than Central. How will he do with prima donnas?

He needs one more step up IMHO to see if he is ready for a big time P5 gig.

Adventuroo
    Participant

13OT,

I assume this was a hire a long time ago. I had a recollection and this is what I found.

Bunn was the coach in the fall 2010 Season. Yow came in June 2010. Do NOT know if she hired him or not.

If you look at the 2009 and spot check others earlier, we barely won 3 -5 games per season. OUCH. I assume that is the lady coach you refer to.

http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-non-revenue-sports-news/2015/12/1/9832424/bryan-bunn-steps-down-nc-state-wolfpack-volleyball

I also recall AD Yow being very happy with Volleyball in her comments (pre 2015 or so) at the Wake Coaches Caravan. It appears that when he stopped “producing”, he went to the market (as my late FIL would do with his heifers that no longer were good milk producers)…

Woodson and Yow were not in charge for the “lady coach’s” tenure….

SIDE NOTE….from another blog… We appeared to have a good program unti. Martino…then it went totally downhill…

That was 1988. Judy Martino was coach, later fired and sued the university. Pat Hielscher, the coach prior to Martino who established the foundation of the winning program Martino inherited is a member of my church.

tractor57
    Participant

Heifers give milk?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Crean fired at Indiana

tvp1
    Participant

Crean fired at Indiana

dammit dammit dammit

Archie odds just dropped precipitously.

nav
    Participant

I know there are a lot of Keatts haters on here but his team is lookin’ pretty good so far.

JeremyH
    Participant

Crap, did Indiana jump the gun and eat Creans enormous buyout so not to miss the boat on Arch? Who is their top candidate?

StateRed44
    Participant

Indiana could be a monkey wrench

Wulfpack
    Participant

He signed a contract extension in 2012 to keep him in Bloomington through 2020. Crean’s buyout went from $12 million to $4 million in the past two years. It would have fallen to $1 million next season. Crean’s contract contains offset language that reduces the amount in the event he gets another job.

Mike
    Participant

Mike – time will tell. Sooner or later he has to do it on a stage bigger than Central. How will he do with prima donnas?

He needs one more step up IMHO to see if he is ready for a big time P5 gig.

Not saying he will be our guy – there are several others I would prefer. Just saying I think someone will find a diamond in the rough

Wulfpack
    Participant

So Crean can hit the airwaves next year and earn $4 million. Coach again in 2018.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Brad Stevens has to be candidate 1 at Indiana. Whether or not he leaves the NBA is another story.

Mike
    Participant

It’s funny, none of the talking heads are trashing Indiana for firing a coach that has missed the NCAA’s now 2 out of 4 years.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

maybe UW will suck Crean

OutWestWolf
    Participant

up

freshmanin83
    Participant

I don’t think we have to worry about Arch going to Indiana. They probably think that they can get a power 5 coach or maybe even a certain Pro coach. They might consider Marshall as their floor.

Pack1997
    Participant

I would think Bennett and Stevens are their top 2 targets.

nav
    Participant

LOL, think I jinxed Keatts.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Definitely Bennett. Dont see Stevens leaving as he has got it going well in Boston. I do see him leaving for Duke, whenever that is.

JeremyH
    Participant

crap Arch is going to end up at UVA…heh

JeremyH
    Participant

if Bennett is suddenly showing on radars there must be some information that he’s unhappy at UVA, right? I know he was an assistant at Wisc, and was offered Indiana before, but left for UVA after not getting great support at WSU.

Viewing 25 posts - 751 through 775 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.