Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

@Fastback: Fable? Did you not see the picture of proof?

Fastback68
    Participant

Troll breaks the plane, carries SFN thread to 26 pages. Is that a record for this morgue.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

NCSU had me at when my daughter was not accepted and ended up getting money for engineering at Virginia Tech.

This despite having 15 or so alumni in my family.

choppack1
    Participant

Based on that rational, then the Ohio State job is just as tough/bad as State!

Quite the contrary – they are the flagship school. I will put it this way – I have met hundreds of people from Ohio – ALL of them love Ohio State and I don’t think a one of them went there. Heck, some of those other in state schools are huge – and like most other UNC dash schools – they are buckeyes first.

StateRed44
    Participant

Based on that rational, then the Ohio State job is just as tough/bad as State!

Quite the contrary – they are the flagship school. I will put it this way – I have met hundreds of people from Ohio – ALL of them love Ohio State and I don’t think a one of them went there. Heck, some of those other in state schools are huge – and like most other UNC dash schools – they are buckeyes first.

LOL. Yep. I knew a guy well who ran track for Miami of Ohio. Huge Buckeye fan. I mean there wasn’t even an ounce of shame about his allegiance, just laughter at any other suggestion.

StateRed44
    Participant

Reading through Gregg Doyel’s tweets.. one of them he tweeted that his bro Sean is advising Archie against NC State due to it being a difficult job.

Okay I get it. But how is it more difficult than Ga Tech, Va Tech, Wake etc…I mean eventually you have to produce anywhere. Each of those schools hired better resume coaches than what we are hearing as our “fall” guy and canned guys recently who crapped out. For effs sake. Man up dammit.

JeremyH
    Participant

Man up
    Get ‘er done
    Seal the deal
    and other familiar sayings.
    But at the end of the day,
    Pay that man his money. /Teddy KGBed

TheCOWDOG

Troll breaks the plane, carries SFN thread to 26 pages. Is that a record for this morgue.

Not even close. There will never be another Epic Thread in my lifetime, I fear.

If one wasn’t front and center for that, well…ya missed a purty good party. The timing for this one doesn’t lend itself to such unmitigated abundance.

Yet.

nav
    Participant

Not even close. Before the site restructuring and great exodus, the last coaching search topic went well over 200 pages. But granted, that was a much more fun/interesting search.

TheCOWDOG

^ What? Did you become a Parrot, Nav?

PackerInRussia
    Participant

You could also think of this as just a small appetizer. This is already at 26 pages and the season just ended. A good head start on previous coaching searches.
    Or we could start throwing out politically-charged statements to stoke the fire and really get the pages rolling.

nav
    Participant

LOL, no sir Mr Cow. Took me about 10 min to type that small blip on my cell phone. Crazy the two posts so similar.
    Regarding Epic thread, I don’t remember if that as during the time of Angry Alum or not.

TheCOWDOG

Nyet, Russkie. Straight to the Gulag.

For instance, Russkie, himself, was there for the Epic, and he has proliferated, still.

Of course, it didn’t harm his status by becoming the only Idaho Potato farmer over there.

(Even though he sells to Poland…sssh.)

TheCOWDOG

LOL, no sir Mr Cow. Took me about 10 min to type that small blip on my cell phone. Crazy the two posts so similar.
    Regarding Epic thread, I don’t remember if that as during the time of Angry Alum or not.

One big meld, Nav. I vouch for ya, though. You were there. Dogs have outstanding memories, once they pass 12 hrs or so.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Dayton is easy money at that line. It’s there because Joe Public knows Scary Wheat better than the Fightin’ Archies.

Remember that any and all negative info other than a HARD, DEFINITIVE NO from Arch himself (which he would give, respectfully) can be, and likely is, designed to give Arch’s current kids a non-circus atmosphere to perform their best this weekend.

TheCOWDOG

Beej is right. The circus hasn’t come to town yet.

duckfatrules
    Participant

pack pride has the scoop
    anthony grundy tweeted a picture of archie and anthony and sendek and the reflection shows that archie is taking the picture
    he is wearing the same shirt he had on last night, supposedly

Wulfpack
    Participant

Grundy is one of my all time favorite Wolfpackers.

JeremyH
    Participant

Grundy is my fav after Hyatt and McCuller.. Arch is definitely top 12 but there are guys like Feggins, Thornton and Inge on that list…and…Bakali…Gugliotta…Fuller..

WTNY
    Participant

My favorites:
    Miller (appears to be toying with us)
    Holtmann (probably a reach)
    Keatts
    Wade

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ya’ll like fast money or slow money ???

I’ll take slow money every day…
    And this one has ‘recordbreaker’ written all over it.

25 guys X 25 posts X 25 days === 15,625 posts and 625 pages…

and ya’ll are right…
    The circus ain’t no where close to town… yet….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Cost – benefits analysis shows that it is an easy call for Miller to choose NCSU.

duckfatrules
    Participant

Miller is not going to get a better offer anywhere else, anytime soon, a school proven that can attract bigtime talent, on the biggest stage in the country in the greatest state in the country. the weather is great and the people are too. just like Kung-foo panda, It is time for him to accept his inheritance, bring his family home and to step up to the challenge and slay the evil empire.
    He will be treated like a hero coming home to save the legacy

BamaPack
    Participant

Some discussion lately about the possibility of Indiana firing Crean. Consensus seems to be it likely won’t happen this year, but if it did it would throw a large wrench into the works. Supposedly they like Bennett at UVA?

packbackr04
    Participant

I wouldnt be surprised if Crean pulls a Herb and leaves this year for another P5 job cause he knows hes gonna get canned next year.

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.