Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 601 through 625 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Doubt he beats Kentucky.

It’s going to be a hell of a game and it could go either way. That is the REASON he commands at least $5 mil.

JeremyH
    Participant

If Keatts is her top target the folks that got involved to move on Gott’s situation need to stay involved. At best Keatts is a “pull the cord” hire. And so if he’s the guy we mucked it again. I disagree that Wade just inherited the program, iirc he implemented havoc alongside Shaka. So was it Shaka drafting off him?

JeremyH
    Participant

Adventuroo
    Participant

Comments…

Pardon me….but (GOD FORBID….this is an EXCUSE)….IMHO, we actually were better off with Gottfried than the First “IM UR MAN” Choice. Shaka DID commit. His lawyers and our DID hammer out an agreement for the LOI and Announcement.

His Hormone supercharged wife (6 Mo PG and loving her OBGYN in an orgasmic manner) was the Monkey Wrench (that MAY not be PC). You can NOT blame Yow for that little UH OH.

Couple that with GW’s little Gestapo manipulation of the MSM and we got TRASHED. That was BEFORE HB2…

Look at Shaka’s record at UT. Maybe Ricky Ticky Barnes did not leave a full cupboard. BUT, Shaka looked like $hit this year and had NOT enamored himself to the UT Big Boys that threw Big Buck$ at him…..

NOW….back to current events.

Wade from Richmond Land (VCU). Totally agree, he is untested. Also read the ORIGINAL Yahoo article on the folks that would be on the “Block” this year. Wade bleeds ORANGE. I honestly think that Wade will stay at VCU for one more year of fame and glory hoping that Brownell is “GOTTarized” or “thrown in to the Tiger’s den”. He WANTS to coach at his Alma Mater. VCU is also prepared to “entice him” to stay….since they got breathing room when their hired him…

Archie from the Home of Wright Brothers who want to steal our First in Flight logo. If we land Miller it will be because Archie wants to come. It will NOT, assuming that he does not ask for $5-7 Million, be because of MONEY. He and he alone has to make the call. Nothing that we can do, short of hiring him and telling him that he works for Woodson and that when Woodson replaces Yow….HE gets to pick and choose. That is called the Dean Smith Job Search Model. We HAVE reached out to his agent. If he wants to be courted, then we will send him some roses. Otherwise, he will mark the “Be my Valentine” card with RETURN TO SENDER….unopened. Don’t blame Yow if his name is NEVER “mentioned”.

Keatts….who knows. LOTS of chatter. Probably being trolled. But, if SOMEONE (Big Boy$ paying some upfront BUCK$ to “A$$I$T” Yow in showing GOTT the door, wants him….they can also grease the skids in the media and keep it being put before us. Remember the MSM only prints with the folks that controls it wants it to print or the “Agenda” of some folks that CONTROL the Media. I wonder if ORW knows how much the “Arch Conservative” Art Pope donates to UNC and specifically how much of that, in the past, went to Athletics? MY POINT. When the big guy$ want to control or influence the MSM, regardless of which side of the aisle….they usually can get some stories leaked….

Rest of the FIELD…

Kelsey – Winthrop Fame. Don’t forget that on Sunday, Dec 14, 2014, a Kelsey coached team beat the Mighty Pack at HOME in Reynolds…prior to the renovation. YES, that was Karl Hess’ NCSU Game since we got him “Redlined” and it was a funky game…with perhaps a T on Gottfried (I was there and it was a FUGLY game). We made the last shot…but it was too late.
    SO, one game does NOT a season make….but Withrop was on 19 – 13 that year….and finished TIED for 3rd in their conference.

Mar$hal(l?) of Wherever State Fame? Way too early to talk about him. Is Yow after him….don’t know….ask her…

Keep on pecking….need someone to hack Yow’s iPhone if you want REAL info. I have a neighbor that is a State Grad and a “consultant” (high ranking) in the State Department….Will ask him HOW to get that piece of intelligence…

Beat goes on…

VEHEMYTH
    Participant

HWSNBN was a Pitino protege.

Paki can correct me if I am wrong but I think that was the joke.

Don’t believe it was a joke… but HWSNBN was a Kentucky assistant (1989–1993) for Pitino

Anyhow some assistants work others do not. I feel Keatts should not be option 1,2,3, or even 4 but a fallback guy (AKA Gott).

But hell we should know something in a few weeks.

Texpack
    Participant

HWSNBN was a Pitino protege.

Paki can correct me if I am wrong but I think that was the joke.

Don’t believe it was a joke… but HWSNBN was a Kentucky assistant (1989–1993) for Pitino

Anyhow some assistants work others do not. I feel Keatts should not be option 1,2,3, or even 4 but a fallback guy (AKA Gott).

But hell we should know something in a few weeks.

The UW fans aren’t very thrilled with Lorenzo Romar either. He was also on that staff iirc.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

Indeed, UW fans are not happy with Romar – but the tolerance out here for Bball obscurity is immense relative to anything back east or in LA&Zona. Romar somehow remains a good recuiter but the D1 coaching just ain’t there. He has had more than two of the type of seasons Gott had this year. Not much to say for the some of the coaching products that have Westwood Village connections. Seems to be very little chatter about Romar staying or going, I think everyone is blinded by the promise of fall-winter sports.

MBS
    Participant

If Keats is the floor of this search, then we’re in a good position. He is going to be a successful coach at a high major school. I’m sure he’s not DY’s first call, but I wouldn’t be surprised (or upset) if he is the hire. During the first search (after Herb) we had a chance at Marshall (when he was at Winthrop), Laranaga (when he was at GW), Sean Miller (at Xavier). All were unproven, and we focused solely on bigger names. I’m thrilled at the crop of young, talented coaches this year. From my perspective, we’re in a good place, and the future looks much bright.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He is going to be a successful coach at a high major school.

Conjecture.

StateRed44
    Participant

Greg Doyel of all people has been tweeting positively about Archie and State possibilities.

Texpack
    Participant

Indeed, UW fans are not happy with Romar – but the tolerance out here for Bball obscurity is immense relative to anything back east or in LA&Zona. Romar somehow remains a good recuiter but the D1 coaching just ain’t there. He has had more than two of the type of seasons Gott had this year. Not much to say for the some of the coaching products that have Westwood Village connections. Seems to be very little chatter about Romar staying or going, I think everyone is blinded by the promise of fall-winter sports.

According to my UW engineer, Romar will return to UW. She’s a Spokane native so Gonzaga is who she really lives and dies with but she does lament Romar’s continued occupancy of the Huskies job.

nav
    Participant

Greg Doyel of all people has been tweeting positively about Archie and State possibilities.

I can’t say how much of an insight Doyel has with Archie, maybe none, but as far as State is concerned, unless my memory is grossly mistaken, he became one of the few national media State supporters during the last coaching search. He even penned an article about how he used to just bash State but his like for Debbie and his hate for Sweaty Gary made him a State supporter.
    He tabbed State a great coaching gig on several recent occasions.

Now Mr Goodman on the other hand, I just don’t understand what his hate for State is based on.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Still believe 100% in Arch, and think he takes down Scary Wheat by close to double digits.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Reading through Gregg Doyel’s tweets.. one of them he tweeted that his bro Sean is advising Archie against NC State due to it being a difficult job.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Still believe 100% in Arch, and think he takes down Scary Wheat by close to double digits.

I think it’ll be the other way around. We shall soon find out.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

any of you boys peruse the pack pride threads? they got any LEADS?

Fastback68
    Participant

Shockers -6.5

Wulfpack
    Participant

Reading through Gregg Doyel’s tweets.. one of them he tweeted that his bro Sean is advising Archie against NC State due to it being a difficult job.

That was what I was afraid of.

Fastback68
    Participant

PP is close to meltdown but no uber or Fresno stories.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

what about any Port’a’Jon stories to corroborate some of the scuttle butt?

albunde55
    Participant

Where are all the easy million per year coaching jobs! Assume Ohio State no results required!

choppack1
    Participant

State is a “tough” job. Sean knows the difference now between being THE “State” (flagship) school and being a “_ State/Tech” school.

The “flagship” usually has the journalism school, law school and med school. The _ State/Tech school often doesn’t.

This doesn’t mean that success can’t be had at the State/Tech schools – it just means that fight an uphill battle. Sean is well-traveled and he knows these things. At Arizona, he knows what it’s like to have the advantages. He knows it was/is much easier to build there than it at NC State.

albunde55
    Participant

State is a “tough” job. Sean knows the difference now between being THE “State” (flagship) school and being a “_ State/Tech” school.

The “flagship” usually has the journalism school, law school and med school. The _ State/Tech school often doesn’t.

This doesn’t mean that success can’t be had at the State/Tech schools – it just means that fight an uphill battle. Sean is well-traveled and he knows these things. At Arizona, he knows what it’s like to have the advantages. He knows it was/is much easier to build there than it at NC State.

Based on that rational, then the Ohio State job is just as tough/bad as State!

Fastback68
    Participant

That porta Jon fable is all yours Troll. You must throw one —- of a party. 20 keggers minimum by the looks of it. Did spicoli show up.

Pack78
    Participant

Speaking of coaches, I am watching a re-run of an old Cosby Show episode from 1992 where ‘V & V Movers’ are being played by Dick Vitale and a guy named Valvano-still hard to fathom our loss-RIP JTV.

Viewing 25 posts - 601 through 625 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.