Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    heavy
    Participant

If this truly is where we are in the search, Debbie needs to be fired immediately. She needs to out before any contracts can be signed and a new/interim AD needs to lead the search.

McCallum
    Participant

A buddy of mine called the other night. He lives in Fresno California and works in international wine sales. He’s been dating Elle McPherson for a couple of months, says she is very kind, a really nice lady but has chronic gas. I asked where he met her and just so happens Elle enjoys parlor bingo. Mind you, he said she slides her body into old jeans(and he said she is really well built, hubba-hubba), throws on a t-shirt and tennis shoes: really wants to go into the run down places around Henderson, Nevada. He happened to be in Reno one night, floated over to Henderson, went into the Eldorado and met Elle.

So he joins her one night. Met up in LA then drove over, evidently she likes boiled peanuts so they stopped and picked a few up near the state line. Just so happens a guy is selling boiled peanuts just off Interstate 15 as you cross into Nevada. Elle, buddy calls her E, starts up a conversation and they find out the guy is from Dawsonville Georgia and his grandfather fixed transmissions for Bill Elliot in the 80’s but now works for Wendell Murphy.

The guy tells E that his grandfather says Wendell really likes Archie but is worried about his history of bad investments especially in the Stoffers company. She said the guy motioned her over after giving her a bag of nuts and showed her a picture of Wendell and his grandfather outside of the Foxy Lady back in 1998. Buddy says E is really talking it up with the guy and mentions something about her boy friend graduating from State and the guy clams up.

So hard for me to say guys. You hear all kinds of crazy stories but my buddy says his is on the money and yes, he is tapping it a couple of times per week. He says she is really tall and has made mention of a rope and a 2×4 so he doesn’t fall in.

McCallum

TheCOWDOG

Nobody lives in Fresno. What a crock of horsesh*t.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I still remember as a teenager, learning Elle was a fellow Donks fan, THEN seeing her in an orange #7 jersey in some NFL properties commercial. I almost died.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

over here laughing like a little school girl @ McCallum last post

i’ll tell ya what, bud.. we’re so lucky to be insiders

TheAliasTroll
    Participant
    wolfpackdawg
    Participant

Her next tweet was about sarcasm…like, sorry, you can’t have us.

tractor57
    Participant

When NCCU is dancing and NC State is not time for a rebbot – or a boot to the whole coaching staff. Who replaces I have no idea but the national naysayers have this all wrong.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Illinois fires Groce.

BamaPack
    Participant

Watched the Tide go toe-to-toe with Calamari’s golden arches kids and probably had half the talent of Cal’s squad at best. If only we could have seen the Gottfried dumpster fire smoldering a year ago and somehow had the foresight to go after Avery then… instead we’ll probably be the only Div I university in the country that can’t land a rising superstar coach that actually played at the school!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Ummm so yeah.. jury definitely still out on Avery at Bama. They had a good game today not losing by double digits to Kentucky, but didn’t Gott have a good game at Cameron this year too? I’ll put it this way, I hope we do MUCH better than Avery in our search.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Bama pack, you know avery is not a state guy right?
    Not sure what the comment rising superstar who played at the school has to do with avery johnson? Maybe archie.

Wulfpack
    Participant

1. Avery Johnson played at Southern.

2. He hasn’t done anything at Bama.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The redshirting Martin twins found a Pack capable of dancing. Good for them!!

Texpack
    Participant

Transfer semi-final in the AAC has Kyle Washington knocking off Rodney Purvis. Washington hardly played. Mick Cronin can coach.

Texpack
    Participant

KH II plays for Akron. Nickname is Big Dog.

BamaPack
    Participant

True, Avery has only been at Bama for a couple of years so it could still go either way. However, he inherited essentially nothing and in two short years his team has shown dramatic signs of improvement. And (as Pack fans we’re not used to seeing this, but) they actually play defense. Not trying to derail the thread with an irrelevant comparison, just hoping our next coach is similar in that he actually appears to know what he’s doing from a coaching standpoint.

ryebread
    Participant

I don’t buy the Murphy Uber story…

We’ll know in 2.5 weeks unless something strange happens. The tournament will be as interesting this year as bowl season was in 2000.

Wade fits the DD profile. He also fits what Yow seems to like in her coaching hires, though she broke away from that with Wes Moore. Then there’s also the supposed agent connection. My guess is Archie or Wade.

duckfatrules
    Participant

current ESPN Joe Lunardi Bracketology has Wichita State playing Dayton, then the winner gets UNC.
    IF Marshal beats Archie and RoY Williams, then he is worth $5M everyday of the week.
    IF Archie beats Greg Marshal and then beats UNC, then we may never have a chance at Archie?
    IF either with 3 star talent beats Roy with his 4-5 star talent and the team that beat Gott by 52 and 30 then we MUST hire him.
    but I doubt these parings will last, but man would that not be a good series to get to watch.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

current ESPN Joe Lunardi Bracketology has Wichita State playing Dayton, then the winner gets UNC.

Probably best to wait a couple hours before the committee announces the actual seeding before we start doing too much prognostication. That *would* be cool to see though.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

IF Marshal beats Archie and RoY Williams, then he is worth $5M everyday of the week.
    IF Archie beats Greg Marshal and then beats UNC, then we may never have a chance at Archie?
    IF either with 3 star talent beats Roy with his 4-5 star talent and the team that beat Gott by 52 and 30 then we MUST hire him.
    but I doubt these parings will last, but man would that not be a good series to get to watch.

Jesus kid, the meth, lay off of it

Fastback68
    Participant

Go Texas southern

Wulfpack
    Participant

Marshall vs Archie. Loser heads to Raleigh, lol.

duckfatrules
    Participant

……

Jesus kid, the meth, lay off of it

I bet I am a lot older than you, what year did you graduate
    from NC State
    and it did end up happening, swap UNC for KY

marinewolf
    Participant

once the chosen candidate has been eliminated, word should come out in 2-3 days, it may someone out of left field evidently he is in the dance

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.