Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

I am not sold on Keatts at alllll…..

Wulfpack
    Participant

If the best we can do is Keatts then Jay Bilas was right.

No question. He may be the second coming. But the point is we need a proven winner that is going to be here for the long haul. Proven he is not. He has to be the floor. If he is the primary target, count me out.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I have a hard time believing that Murphy would spill the beans to a stranger.

choppack1
    Participant

Wulfpack – when was the last proven winner at a high level that we got – in any sport. TOB was a proven winner with an established ceiling. Jimmy V wasn’t, Coach K wasn’t, nor was Dean Smith or Everett Case.

What does worry me is that he hasn’t had to slay any giant, nor has he had a chance to build something yet.

I see him a lot like DD. A guy who has done well in a very limited period of time…But he ain’t young. He knows the region and he is an established recruiter.

If this is our guy, we better have done our homework on the red flags.

BKwolf
    Participant

MrPlywood,

I don’t think he was spilling any beans, all he said was “that guy in wilmington is doing well.” I don’t think that means anything other than he likes Keatts as a legitimate option. Nothing more than that.

McCallum
    Participant

Long time poster, formér model now I do stand up comedy in Bulgaria for American ex-pats specializing in non dairy creamers.

I was just finishing a routine in Ruse and the horse and cart pulled up to the hotel. I jumped in and saw and old man wearing a Chicago Bulls jersey from the mid 90s, his wife who was rather large and five kids. The eldest daughter was beautiful, the rest of the kids were odd and I noticed the youngest boy had on a unc jersey. I tried to strike up a conversation but all I heard was “no English speak” so I smiled and nodded. After about 5 minutes on the cobble stones the youngest boy says, “you from Amerika?”. Excited I said, ‘yes!’

Youngest boy in unc jersey: “you know basketball, unc tar heals?”

Me: “yes, I’m from North Carolina but I don’t like the tar heals”

Yb: “you dook?”

Me: “no like dook ”

Yb: “the wake forest…..how you say….demon deacons?”

Me: “no, I really hate the deacons”

Yb(now in perfect English): “oh, you must like NC State. They’ll phuck up their coaching search like they screw up everything else.”

Later that evening while drinking a few cold Zagorka’s I realized the honesty and truth all children possess.

Even the bastar.ds here in Bulgaria.

McCallum

PackerInRussia
    Participant

McCallum, you may be heartless and soulless, but you’re certainly not lacking in humor.

Adventuroo
    Participant

BKWolf,

Thanks for your insight and candiness. When we were replacing Herbie, all the buzz in the Greensboro Parking lot was WHO WILL IT BE? We were in our 6 motorhome conclave at the bottom of the ramp up to the main entrance. We always “fed” the security guards and would do a “takeout” to the Greensboro cops and deputies who were stranded doing parking lot and traffic duties. Needless to say that we NEVER worried at night about any issues with our motor homes.

One of the Greensboro Coliseum crew was a regular and seemed knowledgeable. He joined in our conversation and commented that the buzz from some other large tailgating “campfires” was Mark Few…and he dropped a few well known WP Donors and Supporters names….

I dutifully reported that here and was flamed for the quality of my sources….but it did seem believable. Your encounter with Mr. Murphy, who is the epitome of a southern gentleman….as evidenced by the individuals that I know whom he hired (President of Murphy Farms and VP of HR and maybe another one) are also personable and make wonderful conversation…is very credible.

The now retired President of the Murphy Processing operations, expanded after the Smithfield aquisition, fits that character mold. I have seen him go through a plant and casually talk to any level employee. He had a way of making them feel that they were at HIS level and his genuine sincerity obviously helped him achieve his success.

Again….thanks for the input and the confirmation. I have NO idea, but your comments, and those along the Keatts trail are the most meaty that we have….

We shall see whom we shall see…

WHAT is the BET on Student versus Teacher…? That will be interesting….the ND players seem a bit hyped….and the Dookies seem like they are on a mission…hope it is a good game…

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I call BS. I have a hard time believe Wendell effing Murphy is taking uber with random people especially at the ACC tourney of all places

BJD95
    Keymaster

If we hire Keatts I will burn the interwebs to the ground with my fury.

That would be monumentally stupid and DY would have earned us every bit of scorn that the trolls have heaped upon us.

marinewolf
    Participant

Wolfpack92-Wendell Murphy ain’t in a uber he’s probably in something with more than 4 doors and I doubt if he would converse about the search with someone he doesn’t know-one thing is correct he is in New York!!

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

Morgan Miller was trolling us.

BJD95
    Keymaster

No, the Doeren equivalent in this search would be Will Wade. Just two years on the job, took over a really solid program at a young age, but did really great things with it.

Keatts brought in high-major transfer talent to overwhelm low-major kids (you can win “roll out the ball” Guy Lewis-style that way). Gee whiz, think that translates to ACC success??

It would be a sure sign that DY has one hell of a sweet tooth for snake oil salesmen, at least where hoops is concerned.

BKwolf
    Participant

wolfpackdawg – lol

BJD95
    Keymaster

Morgan Miller was trolling us.

I refuse to believe that a beautiful woman would play with a bunch of strangers’ emotions like that. Unpossible!! 😀

marinewolf
    Participant

Yea there are 3 or 4 trolling, I understand this search is tight lip-Wendell may know something but Wendell ain’t telling anything, one of the previous searches wasn’t Phil Ford a favorite of Wendell (I didn’t believe that either) if they ain’t gonna pay then they will settle and be in same boat 5 years down the road. Don’t even approach Gregg M or Scott Drew if you don’t have a blank check and ready to fill it in. Richard Pitino is an interestng coach, probably would not leave Minn until Louisville calls him!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Keatts brought in high-major transfer talent to overwhelm low-major kids (you can win “roll out the ball” Guy Lewis-style that way). Gee whiz, think that translates to ACC success??

Nope.

He did spend time on Pitino’s staff at Louisville, and Pitino has sung his praises. But make no mistake the learning curve would be steep. I’d rather not sign up for that. But that’s just me.

duckfatrules
    Participant

In the last two searches it seems there was only one guy, and everyone knew who the one guy was,
    then there was another different one guy, and everyone knew who the one guy was,
    then there was another different one guy, and everyone knew who the one guy was

its great to have a list of 4-8 guys that honestly if any are picked, we should trust the administration that the correct hire was made.
    in the past two hires, they seemed like desperation hires, doomed from the start and we convinced ourselves to feel good about the hires.I just want to know who it is and hope that I dont have to Google his name to learn who he is and where he is coming from.

1. marshal – but too expensive
    2. archie Miller – My number one, but I have heard others say that if he was not an alumini he would not be on the list, therefore I would be very very happy with
    3. Scott Drew Baylor – My favorite non-NCSU alum, his brother is doing great at Vandy
    4. Holtmann Butler – proven he can win, but can he recruit on our level of expectations
    5. wade VCU – rising star, proven he can win and proven he can recruit
    6. Keatts UNCW – risky but may be the guy, can he recruit highschool talent to stay in school for 4 years?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I spoke to a fella cleaning out Port’a’jons last night. While he was shoveling sh!t it just so happens that I saw the name tag on his uniform. One “W. Murphy”

Incredible I thought! We obviously struck up a good ole fashioned basketball convo where he confided in me that we’re bringing the wise Herb Sendek back for round #2. Paper work is all but completed.. we’re just waiting for a time to announce. Presser probably on Monday afternoon.

Also told me it’s a good idea to check my feet and wash my shoes before entering any buildings.

Here’s a picture I took for proof.

http://www.itsmypotty.com/enews/image05.jpg

marinewolf
    Participant

Kansas 28-4, Villanova 28-4 solid #1’s Gonzaga 30-1 definately #1
    Oregon 28-3, UCLA 27-4 Arizona 27-4 one of those should be shoo in #1 but
    ESPN experts say holes get a Number 1 –buuuuuuuulllllllllll sheeeeeeeeeet

marinewolf
    Participant

He is a lawyer owns his own successful business, #1 sports radio host in NC-
    the same guy that says he has talked to 2 coaches and they said they would take the job
    who is this!!!!!!!!!!

duckfatrules
    Participant

Kansas 28-4, Villanova 28-4 solid #1’s Gonzaga 30-1 definately #1
    Oregon 28-3, UCLA 27-4 Arizona 27-4 one of those should be shoo in #1 but

understand the No 1s are locked in (Gonz, Unc, Kan, Vil) with the winner of the Pac12 (Ariz/Oregon) being the highest number 2 seed. if duke wins acc they will move to 3 seed

duckfatrules
    Participant

I think the most relevant issues for State fans are not where UNC is seeded but where Baylor, Dayton, UNCW, VCU, Butler and Witchitachi State are seeded.

currently Joe Lunardi has

Dayton 9 vs Miami 8
    VCU 9 vs VT 8
    UNCW 12 vs FLA 5
    WSU 9 vs NW 8
    Butler 4 vs Princ 13
    Baylor 3 vs FGC 14

Adventuroo
    Participant

Maybe we ARE being trolled…

Interesting that when you google Keatts and NCSU, there seems to MORE articles about him than the others….including the ARCH.

Either some of them were stories that were sort of suggested by folks that wanted to get a reaction or maybe plant a seed or coincidence…Don’t know.

I guess that we will see when the search is over. No one can track Boss Hog 1 now since it was removed, at owner’s request, from FlightAware and Boss Hog 2 was removed from the fleet after Smithfield purchased Murphy…

SO, back to the speculation. Maybe somebody ought to stake out Keatts or get the Deep State to wikileak his phone records…

13OT
    Participant

The News & Observer has plugged Keatts twice, so far, as who State should hire as their next basketball HC.

EVERYTHING the N&O says is based almost solely on their political agenda. Never forget that.

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.