Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

My impression is Yow was forced by big money donors to make the change. The comment most likely is directed at those who forced her hand, and not directed at Yow.

Wulfpack
    Participant

This is what he said:

“I poured my heart and soul into N.C. State, and when I took this job I don’t think that anybody honestly would have anticipated four NCAA Tournaments and two Sweet 16s in the first four years,’’ Gottfried said. “And for me to be honest, I feel like that’s unappreciated by some.’’

StateRed44
    Participant

I took that to mean his boss. That’s the most likely “some” to me. I mean he’s throwing shade at whoever he thinks was responsible for firing him at the very least. F. him.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Notice he never addresses what happened the last two years.

StateRed44
    Participant

I mean 9 out of 10 who watches basketball with interest at State wanted him gone, so he can get bent.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

He completely ignores the fact that one of those Sweet 16 runs was pure luck due to a shot by BEEJAY ANYA, a mostly defensive player who he refused to play this year. And the first Sweet 16 run was just unexpected by most people in, out, and around the program, but easily explained due to a REALLY talented, but underrated and under-achieving, team he inherited from Sidney Lowe. Nothing about the letdown of 2012 nor the last two seasons. The TJ Warren ACC POY season was confusing and frustrating, I’ll give him that.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Let’s face it, we got into those NCAAs by the skin of our teeth; we were constantly sweating it out come Selection Sunday. Except for maybe 2012, but that season we were preseason #6 and did not come close to living up to the hype. I, too, was pissed when I read Gott’s comments.

Adventuroo
    Participant

The more I contemplate this, the more I think he should make a career change and go into politics….Has the charm of a certain Ex President and the ability to slough off the truth and avoid the facts….all the while extolling how great a job he did.

Bingo…A winner

Texpack
    Participant

Notice he never addresses what happened the last two years.

Bingo. The Doris Burkes of the world don’t say that NC State had back to back losing seasons under Gott for the first time in 95 years.

As for not appreciating what he did in his first four years, he was Sendek’s last five years with a little better tournament performance. That is fine for your first four years when you are re-railing a train to start with. I also appreciated how he scheduled. He was smart with the OOC and always gave the team a chance to squeak in with a late run. Three of his four teams got better over the course of the year.

The program didn’t continue to advance beyond just getting into the tournament. In went straight to the crapper after Warren left.

duckfatrules
    Participant

when did “making it to the NCAA” become a mark of excellence?
    my opinion is that had he not had the high turnover rate, players leaving early and been able to keep his pants zipped up, 4 NCAAs and two 16 would have been good enough.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Sure, we appreciated the first 4 years. It bought him a mulligan for the dumpster fire that was 2015-16, that came with lots of off-the-court red flags. We all gave him a second chance with a relatively clean slate.

And he built a larger dumpster fire, along with ostracizing the team’s most popular player and WAY more off-the-court red flags.

It would be beyond negligence, to the point of active breach of fiduciary duty, for NC State not to make a move. Anybody paying one shit-bit of attention would know that. Anybody that doesn’t, or that is simply trying to troll us for clicks, doesn’t deserve your time nor energy.

We know what happened. DY is VERY fortunate to have a chance to set things right.

MrPlywood
    Participant

The more I contemplate this, the more I think he should make a career change and go into politics….Has the charm of a certain Ex President and the ability to slough off the truth and avoid the facts….all the while extolling how great a job he did.

Gott reminds me more of the current resident of the WH (or is it Mar-a-Lago?), spewing alternative facts at 4 in the morning, all while extolling what a great job he’s doing.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/raleigh-co-hiring-marshall-would-prove-nc-state-is-serious-about-elite-status/16573270/

If administration or boosters balk at the price – they have to buy out Gottfried, after all, and pay Marshall’s Wichita State buyout – respond with three words.

“Are we elite?”

Then three more.

“Hire Gregg Marshall.”

Here’s another experiment. Pretend you’re a Carolina or Duke fan. Who’s the one guy you don’t want NC State to get? They’d never admit it, but Marshall would strike fear in the hearts of blue bloods as soon as he arrived on campus to interview.

pakfanistan
    Participant

^

rthomas44
    Participant

Gott can say what he wants, nobody is listening. Turn the page. I am glad to see the end of this trainw
    reck.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’ve been telling ya’ll for a while… Coach was the front man for the Organization and as such, he was gonna take the big hit for the last two years…

AND Coach didn’t make this mess ALL by himself….

It’s time to redirect the friendly fire to the rest of his comrades higher up the food chain, politely of course…

It’s way past TIME for NCStateShE#t to end.
    Show us, don’t Tell us, you understand.

Old Wolf.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    duckfatrules
    Participant

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/raleigh-co-hiring-marshall-would-prove-nc-state-is-serious-about-elite-status/16573270/

If administration or boosters balk at the price – they have to buy out Gottfried, after all, and pay Marshall’s Wichita State buyout – respond with three words.

“Are we elite?”

Then three more.

“Hire Gregg Marshall.”

I think it was Glen or one of the writers that stated Marshal is no longer a candidate because he was interested but his price tag was $5M, that would make him one of the highest paid in the country. He is good, he is the best candidate out there, but he is not deserving of that figure, with his current body of work.

JeremyH
    Participant

Gott can say what he wants, nobody is listening. Turn the page. I am glad to see the end of this trainw
    reck.

Do you mean…..HWSNBN2? What do people think. Part of turning the page / healing process : )

rthomas44
    Participant

No , there is only one HWSNBN! I just think Gott can go, off stage mumbling whatever.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Thank God tOSU went all in for Thad Matta before getting their rectums blown out by freaking RUTGERS.

BJD95
    Keymaster

As was foretold at the start, MG would not linger in HWSNBN limbo. The highs were higher, and the lows were WAY lower, and unequivocal by any reasonable standard.

Put it this way…ain’t no Tempe equivalent coming for Mark, as much as he’s enjoy sewing his seed all over THAT particular metroplex.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Hearing that Thompson III may be in trouble at Georgetown?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Georgetown would be an appropriate level jump for Keatts, if so. They could use ANY kind of injection of instant energy.

duckfatrules
    Participant

Georgetown would be an appropriate level jump for Keatts, if so. They could use ANY kind of injection of instant energy.

if Keatts were to go to Georgetown, our luck would be that he would end up winning 4 national championships there.
    replay of, we could have hired Marshal or Miller 10 years ago

StateRed44
    Participant

if Keatts were to go to Georgetown, our luck would be that he would end up winning 4 national championships there.
    replay of, we could have hired Marshal or Miller 10 years ago

I know, I know. Trying to stay positive here. We can’t be snakebit forever can we? Hellfire, even South effing Carolina has their basketball team somewhat turned around.

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.