Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Georgia’s AD denies reports Mark Fox will be fired.

WataugaWolf
    Participant

Now that the Pack has officially bowed out of the tourney, it’s time the carousel development go into high gear.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

God we suck.

MrPlywood
    Participant

it’s time the carousel development go into high gear.

Not yet, as all our alleged targets are still gainfully employed.

nav
    Participant

My useless opinion, we should go ahead and make Kevin Keatts a big offer and not look back.

Fastback68
    Participant

The last time it was this quiet somebody went and shot John Boy.

Archie didn’t even tell his father that he interviewed for and then accepted the Dayton job. One cool cat. You won’t know till he decides.

Overall, it just sounds like there are more viable options this time. You can only pick one.

No who you want as a coach and why thread?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

LSU job opens up.

duckfatrules
    Participant

LSU job opens up.

maybe they will hire Gottfreid,
    we will see now what the rest of the country thinks about our coach, the ones that count, the ones that are willing to give him a job, besides ESPN

Wulfpack
    Participant

maybe they will hire Gottfreid,
    we will see now what the rest of the country thinks about our coach, the ones that count, the ones that are willing to give him a job, besides ESPN

I think he gets another job. But I doubt it is a high major. He’d be good at a place like ECU or Marshall.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I think he gets another job.

I’m not seeing it. I think he’ll milk the sports media pity party and go back to ESPN. He won’t want to take a chance on flaming out yet again and proving the critics right.

MrPlywood
    Participant

LSU job opens up.

How ironic, the last time LSU made it to the tourney they lost to State, thanks to a King Hippo Sky Hook!

BJD95
    Keymaster

He doesn’t coach, and NC State does at least half of the recruiting for him. Not sure why anyone would think he’d be able to sell a godforsaken pit like, well, Pitt County, to recruits.

Methinks he will golf and count his moneys for a year, then commentate. As usual, the cold calculus of the market will speak as to the wisdom of NC State’s firing decision.

duckfatrules
    Participant

Methinks he will golf and count his moneys for a year, then commentate. As usual, the cold calculus of the market will speak as to the wisdom of NC State’s firing decision.

Golf is not a verb anymore than football, basketball or tennis is.
    they are all nouns. He may “play” golf or play tennis, but he will not golf or tennis or basketball.

BJD95
    Keymaster

LSU job opens up.

How ironic, the last time LSU made it to the tourney they lost to State, thanks to a King Hippo Sky Hook!

Trevor was asking for the ball, but he HAD HIS CHANCE. Such an epic press conference.

/a LEFTY HippoHOOK, no less

choppack1
    Participant

Interesting that DSJ and Simmons both missed the tourney in their one year of college. Stinks for them.

Onto the carousel. Hoping for Archie to return, even though that appears unlikely.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Hoping for Archie to return, even though that appears unlikely.

Why do you say that? Where is this “sources are saying Archie thinks NC State has mud butt” coming from?

choppack1
    Participant

No buzz around it. Also because state fans rarely get what we want. (Probably moreso than that.)

Wulfpack
    Participant

Gary Waters retires from Cleveland State.

freshmanin83
    Participant

If the article’s I have read recently are correct then Espn is laying off talent. The reason Gott is being talked up is they don’t want any more competition in a shrinking job market.

Adventuroo
    Participant

OK, Laddies, Lasssies and “Otherwise…..

Do the Math. There is NO triple integration or La Place transforms involved.

Gottfried gets $760K or almost 0.8 MILLION from NCSU….for 3 years.

Gottfried WAS bringing in almost $2.6 Million…maybe $2.7 or so with Academic Incentives….PLUS 2 CARS and Basketball Tickets (but alas and alack….they were not in the Champions Club and his GF and an assistant Coach’s wife were TWICE….rebuffed and told they could not enter…..really classy gate crashers…).

SO, he “owns” an ITB (Inside the Beltline) House – Appraised $1,164,073.

SO, the EX Mrs. Elizabeth Gottfried also “owns” an ITB House – Appraised $1,100,724

SO, Coach ALSO “owns” a Gulf Coast Home (primarily Rental) that he had BEFORE he came to NCSU. Elizabeth and family ALSO use it and, presumably, that is part of the “settlement”. Said property is NICE (driven by and looked at it). It is WAY underwater….so if it was SOLD, there would be a CASH outlay….or the bank would have to cover as a Short Sale. House WAS transferred to Coach as part of Divorce Settlement…

Don’t know if the Ex. Mrs. G is employed or her “resources”. Assume that PERHAPS she gets a monthly stipend as part of the Divorce Agreement. AKA, Coach is making payments on TWO ITB properties and an AL Beach Front Home….and even with 30 year mortgages, THAT ain’t cheap…

BOTTOM LINE…

Coach accepts a job with a smaller school. He HAS to have income of at least $1.2 – $1.5 from them….and we OWE HIM NOTHING. Cheer him ON in his coaching Search. I THINK that this would include a “Coach” related title on a Pro Team. Remember the Butcher was a “Consultant” for a Pro Team and UNC had to Pay.

BUT…if Coach goes back to an OAT or Analyst gig….That INCOME is ADDED to the 760K that WE pay him.

BUT….ESPN is in Dire Straits. Their subscription rates are falling faster than DSJ’s Pro Stock. They are TALKING about laying off OATs and/or NOT renewing some of the contracts.

Disney is also considering a SPIN OFF (who would buy and ESPN IPO?) of ESPN….as it is draining the “glitter” from the Disney Gold…

Coach is NOT in the best situation…..but that is ONLY speculation…FOUR factoids above….TRUTH….Public Records…

It WILL be interesting. I think that he prostitutes himself and signs a LOWER value Contract with ESPN….possibly Fox or CBS Sports….maybe he will become Multi-Talented and do NASCAR…..

We will see….what we will see….

We OUGHT to be cheering and writing positive Tweets about HOW WONDERFUL and TALENTED he is so as to get him a Coaching GIG….

Rick
    Keymaster

We OUGHT to be cheering and writing positive Tweets about HOW WONDERFUL and TALENTED he is so as to get him a Coaching GIG….

The Good Book tells us not to lie…..

StateRed44
    Participant

I’m surprised he publicly poor mouthed Debbie

freshmanin83
    Participant

I’m surprised he publicly poor mouthed Debbie

I missed that, what was said?

StateRed44
    Participant

Said something like “some people” (IMO meaning her of course, she fired him-maybe also elements of the fanbase) didn’t appreciate what he had done. Implying the same “hard to work for” bull crap. Didn’t name names.

nav
    Participant

I imagine Gottfried’s final interviews with the press puts him in a tough situation to navigate. For one, you don’t want to look like an ungrateful, whiny person to your last school and to the AD that let you hang on until the final game at your request. But, on the other hand, he does have his future to worry about. And, I’m sure he wants another gig with a decent school so you don’t want to just say, “Yeah, I sucked at this and at that and yeah, I really should have been fired”. From his stand point, the State job is over with, time to worry about his future employment.
    But again, you do tell the press how great of a coach you are and at the same time say that the school was doing the right thing by firing you. Kind of contradicting points he has to waddle through.

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.