Basketball in Blacksburg

Home Forums All StateFansNation Basketball in Blacksburg

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    44rules
    Participant

I want to give Gott a mulligan if necessary. But it’s hard after so many years of mwdiocrity.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

budfox88
    Participant

Not shown that they can improve with the multi millions handed too them over the last decade plus, so money is not the problem. Dyke still playn in Cameron and winning champs, hate the PNC and shd have never left Reynolds, nothing u can do bout that now, but prices that money won’t win champs alone. Money and minds and hearts do though. What do we need materially that we don’t have that would legitimately make a difference…other than coaches.

Packzingo
    Participant

Had some scheduling issues so I had to DVR this one………so glad I did. Just caught up, At least I could fast forward thru the inevitable ending!!
    This team is in deep crap…..If Barbour goes, they nosedive. I don’t understand all the bitching about Gott, he was doing play by play when we hired him and he still got us to TWO sweet 16’s LOL
    Abu and Anya are terrible and Freeman is very consistent….never hurts/never helps….. Anya can’t hit the ocean!!
    Dennis Smith may be a first at State…..One and Done……
    One semester and Done 🙂 Even he will see we suck!!!

Just trying to laugh to the ease the pain!!!!

PackFan
    Participant

I’d be willing to bet that if Henderson doesn’t get hurt, this team is 12-2 and we’re not talking about firing anyone. Doesn’t make the situation any better, just something to consider.

etab4u
    Participant

Gott’s teams have shown improvement through the year; something we haven’t had in the last couple of coaches. It will be telling to see if he can put any polish on this group by the time March rolls around.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

In year five, a coach’s season shouldn’t hinge on one player, especially a transfer whose impact is unknown. Skin-of-your-teeth is no way to build a program…

More NCSU mediocrity

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Not to keep beating that proverbial dead horse but our major athletics are in a dark dark place right now. With other teams in other years I can find a bit of optimism to lean on with either program but now I am just not seeing crap. I know we have Dennis coming in next year but really what are we pairing him with and what can we reasonably expect from a true frosh point guard? Football next year has the makings of an outright disaster unless DD turns into Nick Saban. A new qb getting broke in against that schedule early on? Good luck.

Why do I keep buying tickets and why do I keep giving to the WPC? Thats the true definition of insanity right?

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I’d be willing to bet that if Henderson doesn’t get hurt, this team is 12-2 and we’re not talking about firing anyone. Doesn’t make the situation any better, just something to consider.

That seems to be States MO the past few years. Always an excuse, always a reason that we are oh so close but it just doesnt work out. Such a simple minded mentality.

LOL at Gott blaming the refs today for that debacle. He should be embarrassed.

PackFan
    Participant

No need to throw insults, just making a statement. I would like year 5 to be better, but I’m not sure who we’ll get to take the job if we run off a guy with 2 sweet 16’s and 22+ wins/year in his first 4.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

No need to throw insults, just making a statement. I would like year 5 to be better, but I’m not sure who we’ll get to take the job if we run off a guy with 2 sweet 16’s and 22+ wins/year in his first 4.

Archie

/ducks (kidding, sortof not really, would take him in a minute at this point)

sorry man I didnt mean to insult you personally, my apologies, I was just saying that line of thinking is predominant in a NCSU fans rationale.

PackFan
    Participant

No worries. I’d take Archie too for the record. Maybe his big men hit free throws?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

7 — 11 HA!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    mak4dpak
    Participant

Taking down decorations, then took a break to witness the second half. It was awful, everyone seemed to stand back and wait for Cat, and if they did shoot, it was brick city. Terrible shooting half, and lose a double digit lead, and the game in OT. Not good. We are in deep sh-t if this doesn’t change. We should have blowed them off the court. But we didn’t. Yet even then if we make FTs, we win. Shameful!

jimi eno47
    Participant

There were two pieces in the N&O about Dennis Smith. The first, which is still online, was about him graduating early and being on campus. The second, which appears to have been pulled, was about him being a one-and-done and that if he was added to the roster NOW that he would have this semester, 3 years and another semester. If he is a one and done … lets make him a 1 and 1/2 and done. Suit him up NOW. Also, maybe going a little deeper down the bench by playing Shaun and Dennis might get the attention of the “starting 7”. Competition does not always have to wear a different color uniform.

Wulfpack
    Participant

N.C. State got a new addition to its bench on Saturday in freshman Dennis Smith Jr. But it might be a little longer before the star point guard actually gets onto the court.

Smith graduated early from Trinity Christian in Fayetteville in December and has enrolled at N.C. State for the second semester. The 6-2, 185-pound point guard was on the bench for Saturday’s game at Virginia Tech in black sweat pants and a black N.C. State sweatshirt.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article52725835.html#storylink=cpy

Wulfpack
    Participant

Suit him up NOW.

The article explains he is not ready now. May be February.

Smith said he has been running a mile every other day. His workouts include jumping and lateral movements, but planting on his knees is a careful next step at this point.

“I think I can be back to full speed by February,” he said. “Once I’m cleared I can start playing pickup games.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article52725835.html#storylink=cpy

Rick
    Keymaster

Goot, DD and Yow have the same agent. That explains the extensions. We should NOT allow a situation like that.

choppack1
    Participant

Yea Rick. That’s a bit ridiculous.

But hardly surprising. This NC state – while our rival uses its ethical lapses to field great teams, our guys use them on themselves. (This is not to say deb, Woodson or our coaches have done I thing wrong, there is no evidence whatsoever to support that…it just looks bad if true. And part of ethics is to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Then there was the whole oblinger fiasco.)

Wulfpack
    Participant

We should NOT allow a situation like that.

Agreed. Doesn’t smell right.

bcagle75
    Participant

Fundamentals! Free throws, screens, shooting …

Go Pack!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I don’t see the first thing suspicious about giving Gott a contract extension after his first 4 years. Considering what he’s done for our bball program in such a short amount of time it was a prudent move if anything, imo.

wolfpack2016
    Participant

Let’s hope for 4-5 signature wins this season.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I don’t see the first thing suspicious about giving Gott a contract extension after his first 4 years. Considering what he’s done for our bball program in such a short amount of time it was a prudent move if anything, imo.

Explain to me how it was prudent? I dont think that is the word you are looking for here.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Meaningless speculation doesn’t give me anything to consider,

Rick
    Keymaster

The only reason to give a guaranteed contact if if there is a chance to lose him. That does not appear to be am issue so it is not a smart financial decision.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.