Basketball in Blacksburg

Home Forums All StateFansNation Basketball in Blacksburg

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    ILPackfan
    Participant

Free throws killed us this game. Can’t keep missing ’em like that. Grrr.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Yes, their best D was to foul us.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Not dismissing State’s issues (FTs etc) but down the stretch I saw Cat get fouled on the last shot, ball off VT in OT, charge called a block. I’m not sure that the 3 that led to the bad OB call even hit the rim, so even had VT got the ball the shot clock would be 1 or 2 seconds…

my 2¢

choppack1
    Participant

Hellh8tr – every big man on our rose stinks from the line. While it may not be the coaches fault they don’t hit them, he did recruit them. At the end of the day, its a recurrt pattern and if you have no one you can put in who can hit foul shots, as a coach that is today on you.

I would buy this argument if we had good foul shooters who missed here and there but when no one on your front line shoots over 60% from the stripe – you can’t expect them to HIT the foul shots.

It sucks being a state fan.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Needed and need a new coach. Maybe AD

Oh here we go. Yes, because our last basketball coaching search went swimmingly! Amazing some of our fans aren’t willing to give the coach a mulligan season after getting us to two sweet 16’s in 4 years.. What a great msg to send to prospective coaches.. make extravagant strides in our basketball program over the course of 4 years, have an unfortunate and unforeseen situation where you lack bodies for the year, and you’re shown door.

choppack1
    Participant

Here’s a question for you plywood – of the 4 guys under the basket – who had the best position? It was the Vatech guy.

Regarding the call, it looked like Abu may have touched it, but we will never know – kudos to foxsports for managing to make a play that could have been indisputable a mystery.

Rick
    Keymaster

Needed and need a new coach. Maybe AD

Oh here we go. Yes, because our last basketball coaching search went swimmingly! Amazing some of our fans aren’t willing to give the coach a mulligan season after getting us to two sweet 16’s in 4 years.. What a great msg to send to prospective coaches.. make extravagant strides in our basketball program over the course of 4 years, have an unfortunate and unforeseen situation where you lack bodies for the year, and you’re shown door.

Program had made strides but he has not actually won anything.
    As to no players, I said at the beginning of last year we would lose at least one player. We lost two every year. It’s not hard to predict it when it happens every year.

Rick
    Keymaster

BTW I want no coaching search as long as Yow is leading it.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’ll be surprised if Shaun Kirk doesn’t hit the door for a smaller program.
    But I won’t necessarily hold it against either him or Gott when/if it happens.

mowog67
    Participant

Likely the first of several league games to be lost at the line.

BJ could be a big time star if he could only knock down the FT. As it is, he is a liability in crunch time.

Not a good looking team in the 2nd half.

budfox88
    Participant

Sorry, Gott is not a good coach and needs to go. Wd like to have seen him gone sooner.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

umm, okay. *rolls eyes*

MrPlywood
    Participant

Here’s a question for you plywood – of the 4 guys under the basket – who had the best position? It was the Vatech guy.

I’m not sure what you’re going for there… that State was out of position (another coaching/team fail) or that VT had position and was therefore a prime suspect for the OB call?

Fastback68
    Participant

Caleb 4/17, Mav 1/8

Read somewhere that VT defense was atrocious, guess not

ncsslim
    Participant

1. Can’t make foul shots in the clutch…. well, that’s a new one. What’s next, can’t get a defensive rebound when it matters? Well, well… where did that come from?

2. Shaun Kirk must be the worst practice player in the history of the game. When you can’t get on the floor on this team, with absolutely no offensive options and you’re consistently not shutting down pretty mediocre competition (i.e, “bad defense”, see initial premise), I have no other explanation.

TheCOWDOG

Make shots…Win games.

john of sparta
    Participant

+1 Rick: “Program had made strides but he has not actually won anything.”

that’s like saying i only have one booger left in my nose.

TheCOWDOG

Making a few million…and hasn’t won anything?

Bwahhaha. Dumb.

Rick
    Keymaster

Bwahhaha. Dumb.

The day I understand a post of yours will be the first.

budfox88
    Participant

Recruiting will continue its nosedive and sports at NCState athletics will continue to decline under the current bball coaching and AD. Same will happen in fball if something not done about the DC, and OC not much better. Just calling it, can’t stand the mediocrity anymore and if we want greatness like we havr had before, better wake up. Need to get serious about it.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Bwahhaha. Dumb.

This one’s actually not too hard, I’m pretty sure he’s saying Gott has won millions of dollars! ZING!

choppack1
    Participant

Plywood I am saying that he had better position than the rest of our guys. If he didn’t have butter fingers he catches it. OTOH, if our guys had better position, we have the rebound and ball down 2 (I think)

Our guys actually did pretty good on the boards tonight but in the last 2 minutes, rebounding is just as critical as it was earlier. Oh well, onto wherever.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Recruiting will continue its nosedive and sports at NCState athletics will continue to decline under the current bball coaching and AD. Same will happen in fball if something not done about the DC, and OC not much better. Just calling it, can’t stand the mediocrity anymore and if we want greatness like we havr had before, better wake up. Need to get serious about it.

Sounds great! When can we expect you to be donating millions upon millions of dollars to our athletic department? Thanks in advance.

Rick
    Keymaster

Bwahhaha. Dumb.

This one’s actually not too hard, I’m pretty sure he’s saying Gott has won millions of dollars! ZING!

I had hoped that’s not what he meant since if he “won” the money he didn’t earn it. That is an awful thing to say about Gott. Meaner in fact than anything I have ever said about him.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Gott’s done a fine job overall. He’s due for a down year. Just how down it is remains to be seen, but it’s looking pretty bleak right about now. What absolutely can’t happen is that 1 bad year turns into 2.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.