(12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation (12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 726 through 750 (of 897 total)
  • Author
    JeremyH
    Participant

triadwolf totally agree. they didn’t make some plays that they usually do down the stretch due to fatigue, and we’ve seen that before. we go nine deep yet we count on two guys to carry all the offense. It will be much more distributed next year.

JeremyH
    Participant

is bjd ok?

packalum44
    Participant

So do you morons finally believe me? A bad movie
    Doesn’t take an expert to
    See. Archie Archie we r screw

BJD95
    Keymaster

I will close tonight by saying that I am 40 years old, so I should have known better than to expect anything but the worst.

Will try to remember not to excited before I reach for the electrified cheese once again.

Maybe see you guys later to talk about general sports. Had enough NC State shit for a long damned time.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

No offense to Coach Lutz, but that was way more than fatigue.

JeremyH
    Participant

packalum you want us to offer Archie after a third consecutive ncaa?

packalum44
    Participant

We r screwed. We r losers bc y’all r. Accept it. Punks. Take the jock strap. Justify it.

Wulfpack
    Participant

While I can appreciate us being exhausted, that is no excuse for blowing a 16 point lead. We built that lead by playing some good ball. It wasn’t just a matter of being tired. We did not play or coach smart ball down the stretch. It is a similar theme in the big games.

PackMan
    Participant

Most of you here are ridiculous… clearly not an ex-athlete in the bunch. Missed free throws are mostly a sign of fatigue, not a lack of mental toughness. These boys have played 5 hard games in 3 cities in 8 days – that will take a toll. I know it hurts, but lashing out at these kids isn’t going to help. They played hard. Bottom line – the human body has limitations and fatigue is real. Doesn’t matter how hard you train, at some point you get tired. If you cant accept that, i suggest you go back and watch Rocky and the Karate Kid – you know – the real athletes who taught you all about mental toughness and winning.

packalum44
    Participant

I don’t want to offer Archie. I want to suck his coc8 until he begs us. I’m a big fan.

JeremyH
    Participant

its not so bad when you learned how to bounce back from it quick : )

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I thought Gott did a solid job substituting most of the night. He rotated the bigs in and out, got TJ and Turner some rest, and got contributions from Dez, Anya, Lenard, and Cat. But late, his sub patterns were way off the mark. To point them out is to place unnecessary criticism on players, and I won’t do it, but whatever hunches he was playing late, weren’t the same ones he played for 35 minutes. We were clearly outcoached down the stretch.

packalum44
    Participant

But maybe I’m just a douche. Doubt it. Never been a fan of this Loser we have. Go look at my post just before this game. Gott is a loser.

packalum44
    Participant

But maybe I’m just a douche. Doubt it. Never been a fan of this Loser we have. Go look at my post just before this game. Gott is a loser.

packalum44
    Participant

Herb did a solid job. So did my dog. On the curb.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

^Nobody questioning that fatigue wasn’t a factor. But some of the misses were by horrendous shooters who should’ve never been in the game once the strategy was clear. And secondly, the mental lapses–losing three point shooters late–are anything but physical. Total loss of composure..youth, fatigue, and coaches as well. You have to make it a point of emphasis that you cannot allow shooters open looks from 3. If they get the 2, so be it. We have the personnel to attack a press. We just didn’t see it in there as often as needed late.

JeremyH
    Participant

Rob Loe beat us from the west wing. that’s funny, right? we almost won, WBS has a shot at the end, Warren on his and-1, and then Turner. Again we fell to some turnovers from the press. Inescapable for this year’s team. I thought with all that fouling they would be screwed, but I guess they brought in extras to do that fouling? Genius to foul Vandenberg as soon as he got the ball. They ran there strategy starting at 3:30 to perfection and got a bit lucky.

packalum44
    Participant

I wrote a 9 digit check last week. It wasn’t to Gott. I’ve met him I’m
    young and cocky and successful. He’s not special.

Rick
    Keymaster

I will close tonight by saying that I am 40 years old, so I should have known better than to expect anything but the worst.

Will try to remember not to excited before I reach for the electrified cheese once again.

Maybe see you guys later to talk about general sports. Had enough NC State shit for a long damned time.

Me too.
    I am done with a lot.

I have only watch state basketball games this’d year and I do not even want to watch those now.

PackMan
    Participant

It’s easy to try and pick apart Gott – but damn. All a coach can do is help put his players in a position to win. He did.

Rick
    Keymaster

packalum you want us to offer Archie after a third consecutive ncaa?

It’s n not going to happen but I do too. We have seen what gott can do. He does not have the discipline to lead. His off court antics are just a symptom of the problem. And the end of this game is a result.

Unfortunately Yow hired a buddy and we are going to be stuck in herb hell for the next ten years.

JeremyH
    Participant

it was supposed to be a rebuilding year, remember?

packalum44
    Participant

At least we saw am epic choke job. Could you imagine a K team doing this?

WeAreCured
    Participant

Missing 17 free throws isn’t a coaching mistake, people. You’re using the result to justify your preconceived feelings about the man.

JeremyH
    Participant

short turn around, tired legs, less game-planning, yes, you’re going to see the flaws and you run into a team that planned perfectly to exploit each and every flaw. that’s it.

Viewing 25 posts - 726 through 750 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.