(12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation (12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 701 through 725 (of 897 total)
  • Author
    Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Especially not to have quit fouling once they got it down to a 2 possession game.

Rick
    Keymaster

Its just a shame. A lot of people didn’t think we deserved to be in the tournament and I was hoping we would prove them wrong.
    Well, they were right.

I don’t think that. We were a possession or FT away from the round of 32. We showed we can play, but we have a long way to go. Just not consistent.

No we have proven the doubters right. We should not have been in the tournament

WeAreCured
    Participant

Only 1 team will leave this tourney without losing. They aren’t the first to have their hearts broken in this tourney, and they won’t even be the last tonight (cue Oklahoma losing to North Dakota State in OT). Relax.

Rick
    Keymaster

Complete and total belly up.

No intestinal fortitude

96Fan
    Participant

Well I think our collapse definitely showed we cant play. Come on, up 16 with 7 to play, looking dominant. Then it was like a switch was flipped.
    No excuse.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Well hey we qualified for 3 tourneys in 3 years following the Sid debacle. So anyone thinking Yow has something up her sleave think again. The future is bright. We had a good year when it could have been NIT. We just didn’t finish. This staff has plenty to work on if we want to compete with the best. I just hope our goals are bigger.

Rick
    Keymaster

Well hey we qualified for 3 tourneys in 3 years following the Sid debacle. So anyone thinking Yow has something up her sleave think again. The future is bright. We had a good year when it could have been NIT. We just didn’t finish. This staff has plenty to work on if we want to compete with the best. I just hope our goals are bigger.

Future us bright?

Lol

Without Warren this team will get beat mercilessly

blpack
    Participant

This was a meltdown. They quit playing. Missing FTs is bad enough, but play some D. I am really disgusted. Sorry to see it end.

Gowolves
    Participant

Some of you f@ckers make me sick. Fire everyone. Let’s burn the whole thing down. Everyone sucks. Warren sucks? My god people get a grip. Two weeks ago we had no shot of a bid. Unfreaking believable!

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Guess I’ll have to pull for Scary Wheat and Providence, or whoever plays *NC

96Fan
    Participant

Well, I guess the outcome is not all that surprising. All year long it seems like at the end of the game we are either tired, complacent, or just brain dead.
    Just cant finish.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I was right there with you, Rick a couple of weeks ago. But we have some young kids that can play. They improved over the course of the year. Next year will be interesting for sure. I have no idea how we will be, but a coach can certainly build with this nucleus.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Kids were dead legged late. But we not only outplayed that bunch for most of the game, we flat out dominated them for about 37-38 minutes. Just flat out lost composure. It happens. I just don’t recall it ever happening in so many different ways during such a short stretch.

Rick
    Keymaster

I was right there with you, Rick a couple of weeks ago. But we have some young kids that can play. They improved over the course of the year. Next year will be interesting for sure. I have no idea how we will be, but a coach can certainly build with this nucleus.

Well I hope you are right. I just do not see it.

I see no scoring. No defense. No leadership. And that has nothing to do with tonight.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Was anyone else scratching their heads about the personnel we had in there down the stretch in regulation and in OT?

eas
    Participant

16 point lead blown. The last 3 minutes we were taken apart with precision and a well coached plan by St. Louis. Complete inability to break a press on our part. No last second designed plays again just 1 on many.

I’m not dogging our players and I am proud of their improvement. I’m frustrated but oh well. My frustration is high mostly because we have seen this same ending on a fairly regular basis.

JeremyH
    Participant

Hey guys, really sorry that we couldn’t hold onto this one. Easy to be crushed but you move on.

Very tough way to lose. St. Louis had more rest and more time to gameplan and this was the outcome. I guys were totally gassed at the end and that affected their free throws. I expect that our scoring will be much more balanced next year, and I hope that with Lacey we will be a little less skittish in the full court press. Advancing the ball under the full court press has been such an achilles heel this year.

96Fan
    Participant

Yes. Like someone else said, from the players to the coaches. Systemic failure.

Rick
    Keymaster

I am going to apologize for getting so worked up and go to bed.

I have never been so disappointed in a team in my life. Maybe my perspective changes but I really am tired of pulling for state. There is no positive to it just ask heart break.

highstick
    Participant

I almost posted something this morning about Tuesday night’s game being the first thing I’ve seen in some time that makes me think that they might be breaking my “Missouri Attitude…i.e. “Show Me”…Glad I didn’t cause ST LOUIS, Missouri showed me and I would have been premature…

Damn it! My “first team to 60 theory didn’t work and we went stone cold dead at 59 points tonight”! It was all over at that point in the game!

Oh, well, time for an MRI tomorrow and continuation of baseball season!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

triadwolf
    Participant

It sucked but fatigue and youth showed. STL made them work so hard on offense there was nothing left at the end. One of the least experienced teams in Div. 1 vs.one of the most experianced teams after 5 games in 8 days. Not an excuse, just what it was.

packalum44
    Participant

Glad I never sniffed Gotts jock strap. Loser. Just like anyone who ever thought he could lead.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Oh this staff has tons to work on, no question. Late game execution has not been good. Free throw shooting. Defense. Going to have to figure out a way to score next year. Warren hid a lot of our weaknesses. And we must improve or else we can forget about finishing better than about 5th in the conference. I am fine with a 12 seed this year, it was a pleasant surprise. But that sentiment won’t last long. Time to take us to the next level. No more mediocrity (or slightly better).

Adventuroo
    Participant

I watched the game rather than post. It was a great effort….right up to the end.

We have played 5 games in 8 days….We beat the #5 team in the ACC Tourney. We ran out of gas against Duke. Duke is our WORST match-up, but we played tough. In case some of you doubt that statement, then I will cut and paste it from Bobby Lutz’s email that I got.

Tonight, we were playing a veteran senior team. We stayed up all night on the flight from Dayton to Orlando.

If you go back through the season and look at the losses, especially the ones that we lost in the end, you can see a pattern of “exhaustion”.

NOW, we did have MORE than enough of a lead. We just did not hit our Free Throws. If you think that was tough, ask Jim Harrig of Peperdine about hitting Free Throws in 1983.

Coach Crews used the Jimmy V defense on us and Vandy missed his. TJ and others contributed.

I am very disappointed….but NOT ready to throw a team that showed a LOT of guts and won games that they should not have won and also finished MUCH higher than anyone thought.

I also remember folks wanting Cat to go to Calipari and Tyler to Davidson….then when they showed their talent, they were the greatest thing since drop seat underwear.

The season is OVER. BUT we have a 2014 NCAA banner. Coach Gott is 4 – 3 in NCAA play and has a 3 year run going.

Not a great way to end the season, but it ended MUCH better 22 – 14 than anyone EVER (seriously) thought and we got to the NCAA and avoided the NIT.

GO PACK…

CaptainCraptacular
    Participant

Just got home from the game. I’m pretty sure I’m the bad luck guy, as I was also in attendance when we blew it vs. Vanderbilt at the old O-rena. 2 times the pack come to MCO for the NCAA and I get to go, and 2 heartbreaks.

For whatever reason though the Vanderbilt game was much more painful than this one.

Viewing 25 posts - 701 through 725 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.