(12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation (12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 676 through 700 (of 897 total)
  • Author
    TMD11
    Participant

One or two made free throws…and we beat WAKE FOREST, we beat UNC, we beat SYRACUSE, and we beat SAINT LOUIS – all major losses impacting the teams psyche.

Every single little thing matters. Details matter.

It’s what separates the pretenders from the true contenders.

Wulfpack
    Participant

This definitely takes the cake over the Vandy loss. I can’t think of a worse post season loss. That thing was in the bag.

We let ’em off the hook.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Warren is GONE. That has NEVER been in doubt, and the staff knows it.

Bad way to end his career, but he had plenty of help fucking this one up.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Worst loss at any time, in any sport.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

ACC POY is gone. We were lucky to have him.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It was a complete team and coaching implosion. I can’t think of a single player that had their crap together late in the game and in OT. They all stunk. Coaches too.

eas
    Participant

This game was lost by GOTT at approximately the 3:00 minute left mark of the 2nd half. When the strategy is CLEARLY that they will foul us immediately for the last 3 minutes why in F€€€ do you leave your worst FT shooters in!!! Why would you do that! If we put one of our practice team guys in or the waterboy etc that can hit a FT we win that game. We would simply trade baskets at that point with a few 3’s mixed in.

I have NEVER in my life seen a team more lost on the press! No two guard line until almost the 1 minute mark. WTF?

Still, The worst mistake of all time was with 3:00 left in regulation in a foul festival you have those shooters in????

On a side note why didn’t Anya play? He was clearly doing solid.

Sick just sick. But then again how often have we crumbled away big leads at the end?

djcmlc3
    Participant

TJ, you don’t need to go out like this. 1 more year please

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

He was the only one that showed any damn sense out there. Tyler had feet of cement and couldn’t get the ball to him. Cat….had better be sick.

13OT
    Participant

What I wanted to see tonight was a decent performance by a school that’s struggling to turn it’s once-storied program in the right direction.

What I saw instead was probably THE textbook example of why this program is not only still mired in mediocrity, but is sinking. And tonight, the entire country saw us under a microscope.

If you could put this team’s, no- this PROGRAM’S mental toughness on the edge of a razor blade, it would be like rolling a bb shot down the middle of I-85/40 through Burlington.

Until NC State University goes in a different direction with the type of players and coaches it recruits, I see only ther kind of pain and suffering that our fan base is enduring tonight after the Orlando debacle.

If I were in charge of NCSU tomorrow morning, my first move would be a complete housecleaning from the AD all the way down and through the athletics department.

Mental midgets we are.

Wulfpack
    Participant

TJ is gone, folks. Fah-get-about-it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

When we put out BEST FT shooters in, they shat themselves too. There is no one moment, person, or decision that turned it. Everybody completely shut down mentally, coaches and players. Full systemic failure.

We became self-aware. We are NC State.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Right before the meltdown began, I said to my wife, barring a total loss of composure, they’ve got this one in the bag. The loss of composure then began, with a free throw miss and stupid foul. It continued with turnovers, missed free throws, leaving shooters wide open from three. Hell, the coaching staff even got involved. Some really interesting combinations out there late. I’m proud as heck of those kids, so I won’t throw anyone under the bus. They’re young, but I expect better in late game situations from the coaching staff.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

EAS if we put in the waterboy, they would not have been able to bring the ball up the court. They would have dribbled it off their own leg or thrown it away. No contest. Gott did not have a choice. We are not that deep.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I knew we would lose when they came back on the court for OT. If anyone DVR’d the game, rewind and look at TJ and Turner as they wait for the tip. They folded. Gave in. However you want to say it.

Rick
    Keymaster

I am so tired of state.

Seriously sick of it. Or while athletic department is a joke

Lumpy
    Participant

Worst choke job by the Pack since Vanderbilt in ’04. NC State tears your heart out on a weekly basis, but somehow they find new and unbelievable ways to reach for the bourbon year after year. I was in shock watching that last 3 minutes unfold. I’m depressed, angry, and wondering why I continue to do this to myself. Having said that:

Let’s not spend the next 24 hrs $h!+ing all over these guys. TJ Warren just finished as good an individual season as I’ve seen since starting at State in ’93. Everyone improved over the year and they fought hard despite getting hosed on calls in what would’ve been big wins. This loss is entirely on them. No doubt. But they fought hard down the stretch just to get us into the tournament. I hate that the season ends on a meltdown like this, because they deserve to be remembered in a better light then they most likely will. I’m gonna go drink some rubbing alcohol now.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

As somebody else said, 5 games in 7 days (flying to Dayton and STL)….that’s a lot to ask.

Wulfpack
    Participant

They were exhausted (Warren and Turner). They physically have it to those guys, legally. It was a fine strategy.

96Fan
    Participant

Its just a shame. A lot of people didn’t think we deserved to be in the tournament and I was hoping we would prove them wrong.
    Well, they were right.

SaccoV
    Participant

I blame this loss on Kristine!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Its just a shame. A lot of people didn’t think we deserved to be in the tournament and I was hoping we would prove them wrong.
    Well, they were right.

I don’t think that. We were a possession or FT away from the round of 32. We showed we can play, but we have a long way to go. Just not consistent.

Rick
    Keymaster

This wasn’t fatigue out was a complete cowardly collapse.

No balls by anyone.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Credit to St. Louis’s staff. They were prepared. They identified the poor foul shooters around the 3 minute mark, Gottfried waited to get them out, meanwhile we missed a bundle. Obviously, some of the better shooters missed as well. But credit to the St. Louis staff. They made some gutsy moves and calls with that much time.

Wulfpack
    Participant

So far, we are the only 12 to lose. Harvard and North Dakota State advance. NC State doesn’t. Wow.

Viewing 25 posts - 676 through 700 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.