Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 876 through 900 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    StateRed44
    Participant

I do NOT see him working out by any measure.

If that was the criteria for leaving, I would have left a decade ago. Stay….Hope for the best….watch it all crash and burn. That pretty much sums up the last decade of Wolpfack basketball.

Decade? Sorry Herb didn’t do jack benny. I loved Les but the product sucked the worst of pretty much any of them. Try last 25 years!!

rthomas44
    Participant

Collins is waiting to replace K. Anyone can see that.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It is awfully hard to have hope when you know what the outcome will be. It’s more just like – why even care anymore? Seriously, if Keatts truly is the best we can do then count me out. That’s ludicrous.

Rick
    Keymaster

I do NOT see him working out by any measure.

If that was the criteria for leaving, I would have left a decade ago. Stay….Hope for the best….watch it all crash and burn. That pretty much sums up the last decade of Wolpfack basketball.

I have always felt that way but am tired of stinking. There has been nothing to really get excited about in a long time. Pure and utter futility. Well unless you are a fan of bass fishing.

nav
    Participant

As much as I would love for it to be Arch, I feel sure it will be Keatts. The main reason is because we are State. It’s just who we are. We signed with the devil in ’83 and are still in dept to him. Things just don’t work in our favor in this universe.

And, if we don’t get Arch I know a lot of people are ready to scream at Yow not doing her job. I just don’t fee we can lay much of the blame on her. I can guarantee she would have given it a run. There is only so much money she can offer. None of us know what her budget restrictions are at this point. Plus, you just can’t make a guy come here that just doesn’t want the job. No matter how much you want them here.

I always think it’s funny though when guys/girls state that they are done with the team they follow if something doesn’t go a particular way. It never happens. Fans return. It’s like a drug. You can’t help it. You always come back for more punishment and that small glimmer of hope that one day your team will be back on top again.

StateRed44
    Participant

geez, the morgue has a better atmosphere than in here today. Keatts has as decent of a chance as anybody I’ve seen. If not, then come up with the damn names outside of the ones we’ve seen.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Decade? Sorry Herb didn’t do jack benny. I loved Les but the product sucked the worst of pretty much any of them. Try last 25 years!!

There’s a difference between judging the results on the court and judging the results of a coaching search. I was talking about the coaching hire and certainly not the results on the court.

Sendek wasn’t a great hire, but he did have enough on his resume that no one was slitting their wrists when he came to Raleigh. The biggest negative that I remember is that he only had three years experience as a head coach (Miami-Ohio) from a small conference…thus not a lot of data to draw conclusions from.

Coincidentally, Keatts only has three years experience as a head coach…all in a small conference.

Pack1997
    Participant

Collins is waiting to replace K, so is Hurley, Wojo, Amaker, Dawkins, and Capel. That’s just within Duke family list and doesn’t include outside candidates such as Stevens. I think it is more likely he make think he is building his own program at Northwestern.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Keatts has as decent of a chance as anybody I’ve seen

If he can’t defend the jugernauts occupying the almighty CAA, tell me what his plan is for the ACC. It’s street ball, and that stuff isn’t going to work here.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

If not, then come up with the damn names outside of the ones we’ve seen.

Why? I’m not on the search committee so there is no reason for me to come up with potential candidates. I’m a fan and like to draw conclusions from the available information…which is what most here are doing.

BKwolf
    Participant

Joe Giglio just tweeted that it is a two coach race: Keatts and Wade.

StateRed44
    Participant

Keatts has as decent of a chance as anybody I’ve seen

If he can’t defend the jugernauts occupying the almighty CAA, tell me what his plan is for the ACC. It’s street ball, and that stuff isn’t going to work here.

He beat their asses. What’s that supposed to mean? The object is to win.

BKwolf
    Participant

Followed with:

There are two schools of thought on Archie

1) Yow won’t be held hostage again after ’11

2) They will talk to him, if he expresses interest

Wulfpack
    Participant

Slow golf clap.

Good luck with that garbage in the ACC. Maybe he’ll hang a CBI banner.

StateRed44
    Participant

Slow golf clap.

Good luck with that garbage in the ACC. Maybe he’ll hang a CBI banner.

Fine, maybe so. I’m not going to go defeatist before we even interview him. Good grief. We want Archie yes. But somebody has to coach the damn team not named Gottfried, so come up with a name or quit being defeatist.

StateRed44
    Participant

If not, then come up with the damn names outside of the ones we’ve seen.

Why? I’m not on the search committee so there is no reason for me to come up with potential candidates. I’m a fan and like to draw conclusions from the available information…which is what most here are doing.

Why? So we can discuss it. WTF u think?

StateRed44
    Participant

Followed with:

There are two schools of thought on Archie

1) Yow won’t be held hostage again after ’11

2) They will talk to him, if he expresses interest

maybe I’m slow but I can’t decipher this. Can you clarify.

BKwolf
    Participant

Statered44 – he is saying that Yow doesn’t want to wait out if tier 1 goes deep into the tourney and miss out on tier 2/3, I believe.

BKwolf
    Participant

Giglio also said Sean doesn’t want Archie to take the job, according to a source, because Sean thinks he will be the next UNC coach.

kwfpack
    Participant

I will get crucified for this, but if those two are the best we can do an Sean is telling Archie not to take it and we are too cheap for Marshall…I would take Crean.

BKwolf
    Participant

Sean telling Archie not to take the job because he wants the UNC job is the ultimate #ncstate$hit

ryebread
    Participant

If we don’t get Archie, I won’t be mad at Yow. I think she’s clearly trying. If we get him, we get him, but if we don’t we will have tried. That is all I wanted from Yow — to make a REAL run at Archie and not piddle around with Gott when it was obvious he wasn’t the guy. The NC State path would have been to go with Gott again next year and have Archie wind up at Indiana, Ohio State, etc. where we’d likely not get that chance. We made the bold move (even if Yow had to be drug there), got out early and SHOULD know by now whether Archie is serious.

I don’t think the other “good” candidates are really in play (Marshall, Holtmann). They may both end up at other jobs this offseason, but I just don’t see them landing here.

That leaves the Wade/Keatts level. It’s a roll of the dice with either one. Keatts has at least built something, and has the Hargrave experience. He’s ready to move up, but it might be a big jump from UNCW to here (Brownell went to Wright State in between UNCW and an ACC job). Wade’s improved Chattanooga, and has kept the seat warm at VCU, but nothing there seems “can’t miss” to me. It screams Sendek (young, super smart, good coaching tree) and DD (didn’t screw up a rolling mid-major). Both may be great, but both may bust out. My concern with Wade is that we’ll be “on the hook” much longer with him (ah la the 10 years of Sendek), and that he fits Yow’s hiring profile better. I like how Keatts’ teams play, but the stats aren’t good and he’s yet to knock off anyone really bigger.

Texpack
    Participant

I will get crucified for this, but if those two are the best we can do an Sean is telling Archie not to take it and we are too cheap for Marshall…I would take Crean.

Not by me. Crean has had more big time success than all of the other coaches mentioned combined. I’d take him in a second. He would do very well at State.

Wulfpack
    Participant

How do you go from Archie/Marshall/Holtmann to Wade and Keatts? Is anyone there doing their job? Why did we shell out $90k for a search firm. Total incompetence.

Texpack
    Participant

Sean telling Archie not to take the job because he wants the UNC job is the ultimate #ncstate$hit

So Archie has to subjugate his career to Sean’s wishes? I’d tell him KMA!

Viewing 25 posts - 876 through 900 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.