Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    StateRed44
    Participant

No way I want a pencil headed chancellor making the final call on the basketball coach. We’d wind up with a retread for sure. You want to gauge choices 1a or b, then go hard for choice #2 after the secret vetting is done. Some athletic dept. committee in cahoots with Woodson would be a complete crap storm.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’m thinking….

that the four week head start just might work to our advantage…

yeah… we have our list of guys we want…
    but everybody else is watching…

who’s to say there ain’t 3-4 really good, off the radar Coaches out there who are thinking to themselves…
    hmmm… “NCState, I could do something there…” and who as the “opportunity” sinks in won’t use the back channels to express their interest…

I know if I was sitting in the Big Chair, I would take the time to sit back and see who’s calling me… and not singularly focused on whom I’m calling…

But then, I’m not sitting in the Big Chair… this time….

Regardless….
    I’m convinced that our biggest selling point is the pending Retirement of the four Dinosaurs…
    Jim, Roy, Mike && Jim…

That point simply cannot be understated in any serious conversations about the future.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tvp1
    Participant

I’m optimistic after the last football search. The OUTCOME with Doeren is still up in the air, but the PROCESS was perfect – smooth search, no public fiascos, immediately targeted and got probably the top mid-major candidate in the country that year. Basketball is a bit tougher because you must wait for people to lose in the tournament, but hopefully it goes similarly.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Herb Sendek spotted in RDU airport with Wendell Murphy carrying his luggage

freshmanin83
    Participant

Herb Sendek spotted in RDU airport with Wendell Murphy carrying his luggage

Could I have a plane number check on that.

bdaz
    Participant

Anyone hear anything on Sean Miller? There is growing concern among the UofA faithful that he may be interested in NC State now that UofA’s AD moved on to Alabama. Just wondering what NC State fans are hearing.

JeremyH
    Participant

Omg that would explain his nephew holding up the pack sign..maybe he and Arch could do a coach/ assistant coach duo!

(Back on earth)
    Wait isn’t Zona ranked like 4th in the nation?

Gowolves
    Participant

Anyone hear anything on Sean Miller? There is growing concern among the UofA faithful that he may be interested in NC State now that UofA’s AD moved on to Alabama. Just wondering what NC State fans are hearing.

Don’t forget guys the last time we went through a coaching search. The trolls came out in full force. DO NOT BELEIVE ANYTHING FROM THE NEWBIES ON THIS SITE!

BJD95
    Keymaster

rye, that is depressing. And if that holds sway, I will remain super depressed. Long way until NFL training camp can break said depression.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Anyone hear anything on Sean Miller?

Dreaming.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Don’t forget guys the last time we went through a coaching search. The trolls came out in full force. DO NOT BELEIVE ANYTHING FROM THE NEWBIES ON THIS SITE!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Sean Miller??? Bahahahahahaha!!!

Wulfpack
    Participant

N.C. State University will pay a search firm $90,000 to help find a new men’s basketball coach, athletics director Debbie Yow said Friday.

In an interview with Triangle Business Journal, Yow said she is confident NCSU can find the right fit despite some national reports suggesting the position might not be appealing to top coaches.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2017/02/24/n-c-state-universityto-pay-firm-90-000-in.amp.html

MrPlywood
    Participant

Azzhat? Is that you?

StateRed44
    Participant

Azzhat? Is that you?

Anybody want a peanut?

Texpack
    Participant

I would like to see us reach out to Scott Drew. Call me crazy but I don’t see him wanting to stay at Baylor due to all the allegations going on in Waco. He’s been to several elite 8’s and recruits kids from all over the country. I want Archie but I’m not sure he is coming home. I think Marshall is to egotistical to come and likes being the man where the sport he coaches is top dog (It use to be baseball at Wichita State.) If Boeheim hangs it up I could see him going to Syracuse. I think if we called Marshall a p*ssy if he didn’t accept the job offer here that he might end up taking it.

Scott Drew is a slimeball. The FB program isn’t the only dirty one in wacko.

ryebread
    Participant

The Fighting Archies of Dayton survived cold shooting, missed lay ups and free throws, yet clawed back from 13 down based on defense, hustle and some coaching adjustments to beat McKillup’s team in Davidson tonight in OT. Dayton was down 7 with 4 minutes, got a 2 for 1 possession wise at the end of the half and forced a stop when Davidson was trying to run it out. Frankly there was more heart, hustle and heady play than I’ve seen out of State all year.

Oh well….

bdaz
    Participant

Not sure about the comments on here but this is what Arizona fans are hearing as rumors at this time:

1. Miller was in tight with Greg Byrne who left for Alabama and had a say in hiring Rich Rodriguez as the football coach.

2. Miller is not a fan of the temporary AD and isn’t expected to have a say in the hiring of the new AD.

3. Miller’s family hates Tucson with a passion.

4. Miller believes NC State is a step up from UofA as a more elite program.

5. Miller isn’t happy with the Pac-12 or its leadership and covets a job in the ACC.

6. Miller still has more ties in the east coast when it comes to recruiting than the west coast.

Lots of concerns and this may be the right timing for NC State to pull Miller than it was the last time around.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Not sure about the comments on here but this is what Arizona fans are hearing as rumors at this time:

1. Miller was in tight with Greg Byrne who left for Alabama and had a say in hiring Rich Rodriguez as the football coach.

2. Miller is not a fan of the temporary AD and isn’t expected to have a say in the hiring of the new AD.

3. Miller’s family hates Tucson with a passion.

4. Miller believes NC State is a step up from UofA as a more elite program.

5. Miller isn’t happy with the Pac-12 or its leadership and covets a job in the ACC.

6. Miller still has more ties in the east coast when it comes to recruiting than the west coast.

Lots of concerns and this may be the right timing for NC State to pull Miller than it was the last time around.

Links or it didn’t happen.

GoldenChain
    Participant

SURE DID! I heard he was waiting for roywonderboy to retire. Said that with the way unx “accommodated” athletes he’d be national champion every year.

marinewolf
    Participant

I’m thinking….

that the four week head start just might work to our advantage…

yeah… we have our list of guys we want…
    but everybody else is watching…

who’s to say there ain’t 3-4 really good, off the radar Coaches out there who are thinking to themselves…
    hmmm… “NCState, I could do something there…” and who as the “opportunity” sinks in won’t use the back channels to express their interest…

I know if I was sitting in the Big Chair, I would take the time to sit back and see who’s calling me… and not singularly focused on whom I’m calling…

But then, I’m not sitting in the Big Chair… this time….

Regardless….
    I’m convinced that our biggest selling point is the pending Retirement of the four Dinosaurs…
    Jim, Roy, Mike && Jim…

That point simply cannot be understated in any serious conversations about the future.

two weeks before NCAA’s then two more weeks before sweet 16, Archie could be finished by second week!! Greg could go a little further-next five weeks:rumor mill will be going full steam ahead, the more time goes by without a remark from the two front runners the better, maybe they have already said no behind close doors and the search firm is weeding out contenders and pretenders-I was reading some stories on coach Case last night and our neighbors back then were not afraid to challegne the king of the south back -yea long time ago but the moral of the story do not back down shoot for the stars-some of the espn hacks are just that hacks and look for a negative spin on everything but Bilas’s remarks are personal, there is something there he is still pissed off about, remember in the early years “K” did not like “V” and maybe that has something to do with it!!

Adventuroo
    Participant

If we, the trolls, based on the crumbs that the talking heads throw out, THINK we know who it will be, then I would like to start selling the “RIGHTS” to the “X is our NEW COACH” Logo Attire….that we can all wear to the Presser where X is introduced.

Reality is that it will be 4 weeks, assuming “OUR” guy (the one we introduce….not the one that everybody THINKS it will be) makes it to the Sweet 16. Archie, who, again, I would be happy with….but NOT devistated if we go in ANOTHER direction, had a real scare last night. I tuned in right before the half and the Flyers finally got airborne and closed the gap. They they proceeded to let Davidson have a little fun with them and got serious very late.

The OT was not pretty if you were a Wildcat fan…it was FUGLY. The game was actually, Statistically, OVER when they jumped out to a 7 or 8 point lead and Davidson’s rein of terror ended.

As to the REST of the potential candidates, the $90K is NOT for a list of folks that would do a WONDERFUL JOB….but for a list of folks that their agents have said that they would SERIOUSLY be interested in the NCSU job.

There are a BUNCH of coaches that could excel here….but have no intentions of moving or making a change. Bear in mind that Chief Critic Calipari either used us to “boost” his Memphis take or did not want to leave the land of ribs or his wife said…”I didn’t see a house that I like…”.

As to Bilas and the SCUMBAGS (If Maxine Waters can call ANY president a SCUMBAG and get attention from the masses….then I can ALSO DO IT)…anyway, back to the SCUMBAGS (I like typing that) that are the overpaid talking heads that cowtow to the “politically correct” whims of the ESPN bosses (UNC Grad…Look at WHO has been fired for making a seemingly innocent remark and then overreacted when an idiot re-tweeted it). ESPN has lost it way as a real sports network. It is now another arm of the misguided media. I offer the SC6 promo….why not have the Jimmies and Conan and the rest of the “late night crew” do a 6:00 bit….since you are losing subscribers left and right and Disney is looking seriously at how to spin you off.

They are paid, too handsomely, to create controversy and to get someone to make a “remark” that they can grab some air time with.

The Yahoo piece was pretty enlightening….but really did NOT say WHO was going where…..just opened ended.

It is time to erect the safety net around the ledge and fit anyone going to the roof with a harness and a safety (inertia operated) tether. I also suggest that Dr. Woodson bring back in the counselors that were on Play Dooh Duty on November 9 and 10 so that certain individuals and snowflakes could get on with their life. Based on the current climate of election denial, if we don’t get Archie, I predict that there will be mass rallies in the Brick Yard, Randy will have to resign, AD Yow effigies will be mass produced for burning (although the greenies will be offended as the impact on climate change) and there will be an upheaval on the NCSU BOT and Mrs. Spellings will be aghast…

If we could find a Trans Coach (of the USED to be Feminine) variety….maybe ND’s Muffin can come out of the closet and express her true “masculine” side….I would vote for Muffin as our coach. She seems to have a lot of winning qualities and is the only one that is close to derailing Geno’s empire. A Trans coach would get us all sorts of brownie points from the NCAA, ESPN, etc. We would also have support of certain organizations that frequently parade around (after getting out of their limos) on Jones Street….

It would ALSO be a major feather in the Governor’s cap and probably lead to repeal of HB2.

Anybody going down that path?

On to the PNC….time to applaud BJ. Hope that Tony is still lost in a Frisco fog and that we sneak up on UVA. Don’t even need a pain pill this morning…hope I don’t AFTER the game….

choppack1
    Participant

I am cautiously optimistic about the search right now.

While on 1 hand, the use of a search firm is not encouraging (read we have reached out to parties of our short list and received the heismann and we now need to use someone with a longer list of names on their cocktail napkin) – we can only hope that it means we’re getting all these inquiries from various agents and need to keep it hush hush.

The timing is such that one would think a little bit of pre-existing work has taken place and perhaps, didn’t yield fruit.

Still, you have to believe we are going to get one of these right and there are a lot of exciting candidates out there.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Glad you’re feeling better, Roo! Give my love to the King of all Hippos. Now, forever, and always in our hearts.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Topical, for carousel riding:

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.