Tournamenttime – Game 1 – Boston College

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Tournamenttime – Game 1 – Boston College

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 345 total)
  • Author
    john of sparta
    Participant

“Not sure who I blame most: any suggestions?”
    jerome robinson’s revenge.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Animal House reference for those from Faison!

oh yes a Faison mention, it’s been a long time!

GoldenChain
    Participant

Wolfanatic wrote:
    Disappointing, disgusting and deflating, and I’m an old timer (went to State Fall of 1972, graduated Spring of 1976, so I’ve lived through the best era of State athletics history), and I detest the NC State sh** I see on other NC State sites. That said,having been a State fan prior to 1972 (2nd generation Wolfpacker) I can’t say that I am stunned – especially after Ga Tech.

couldn’t have said it better myself…

b.otb — Class of ’76

GC ’80 (and Mrs GC too). My Sr year was the last time we won the ACC FB title and ironically we didn’t go to a bowl at 7-4 and winning the ACC that season. Today we would have gone to the Orange Bowl!

GoldenChain
    Participant

Animal House reference for those from Faison!

oh yes a Faison mention, it’s been a long time!

Troll, as John Fox would say “it is what it is!” (sorry Fainsites)

Wolfanatic
    Participant

b.otb,

POP! my brother..

Packzingo
    Participant

Now that I’ve had a chance to CALM down, its the same STUPID parts of the game that have tormented us for the entire
    year…….. Rebounding, Blocking out and frucking Free Throws!!

We shot close to 70% for the second half and still could only manage to tie. (Granted we were, what, 16 down?) Why, because we gave up over 50% to a decent team, only getting a few defensive stops.

I obviously don’t have the knowledge or the coaching techniques that most of the “core players” on this site have, and call me Old School, but I actually cringe when Yurt goes out farther than the free throw line…. my mother-in-law with a walker would beat him to the basket!! So I guess I just don’t understand why our coaches continue to allow the man defense for Yurt…. Keep him in tight to atleast APPEAR TO BE A DEFENSIVE THREAT :0

This group is fun to watch, you can see how far they have come! Now its in the hands of folks that neither Know NCSU or care about NCSU, thats scary.

One nice point that BOTB made: the officials were NOT a factor…..

Additionally, BC came to play, we didn’t!! :9

gso packbacker
    Participant

Can’t come out and play like that in the first half and expect to win. Heck, not even if it’s against Pittsburgh.

Aside from that, we’re going to the NCAA tournament no matter what else happens with ND, Syracuse, etc. $100 bet with 10 to 1 odds for anyone who truly believes otherwise.

If you want to look at teams that should be nervous, look to USC and UCLA. IF they both make it, the Pac-12 will likely only have 4 bids. Doesn’t that in and of itself say that league sucks?!? I digress.

Packzingo
    Participant

“Not sure who I blame most: any suggestions?”
    jerome robinson’s revenge.

LOL…..yes he did. Why take it out on us, because he is a UNC fan? LOL

Packzingo
    Participant

One other part of the game that bothers me:
    “Confidence”, especially from MJ at the Line. Maybe its just me or just his style but he looks
    so uncomfortable at the free throw line, almost like he’s trying to get the shot off quickly to get off the line.
    I know that sounds ridiculous …… he just seems to hurry.

Coaching has got to be such a difficult task……. when to complain, when to criticize, when to yell, how much to teach
    but one thing that can never be lacking, how much to Love, regardless of the results.

The Pack is making a move to be a prominent player again, I just want it now!! Today was a step back!

Texpack
    Participant

Allegedly ESPN BPI puts us at a 4% chance to make the tournament. I haven’t seen that personally. We were 16 spots above the cut line on the dance card before today. I can’t see us losing out altogether if they are even close to accurate. The one huge problem we have now that we’ve put ourselves in the bubble conversation, is our RPI/OOC SOS. It is a millstone around our neck. We’d better hope that there is a room full of eye test guys that saw some of our good games doing the picking.

PackFan
    Participant

I didn’t see the game…did we go with the “smaller lineup for a better matchup” like we did last time against BC? You can’t get outrebounded AND let the opponent shoot 50%; throw in 8 for 15 at the charity stripe, and that’s an L almost every time.

Hopefully we didn’t fall from a projected 9 to all the way out. I’ll still feel a bit better if VT beats Notre Dame tonight…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

b.otb,

POP! my brother..

you may know… Mr. CowDog is Class of ’76 too… I’m sure there are others…
    ———————-

Coaching has got to be such a difficult task…… but one thing that can never be lacking, how much to Love, regardless of the results.

Zingo… with your permission, I am ‘stealing’ this line and putting it in my book…

It’s better than my version…
    “Your Kids can quit on you, but you can never quit on your Kids.”
    ———————-

Come on guys…
    On paper we were a ‘sucky’ team from the start…
    In some games, the ‘paper’ was right…
    In other games, we played like champs…
    And in still other games, we did both…
    Some of those we won, some we lost… No NCSS…

Today was the option 3B…

So we sit back, POP!!! another cold one and watch everybody else with their version of FUGLY, knowing that at Tournamenttime… any team can beat another team and watch all the ‘fun’ without any pressure…

On Sunday, I’ll be sweating just a little, but I’m hopeful the Good PACK outweighs the BAD pack…

This season has been a helluva carnival ride so far and I’m not ready to go home….
    POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

wordpress — bb forums at times suck worst than we did today…
    post erased…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’m 100% sure at some point in the last two weeks, Coach Keatts looked at his assistant Coaches and asked…

“How the hell did Ky Bowman and Jerome Robinson end up playing basketball at Boston College?”

After the pejorative “We don’t know…”

Keatts then announced…
    “OK… We’re NOT going to let that happen again, without a serious fight! Are we ???”

POP!!!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

b.oth said:

Yes, I know that. I remember being a couple of feet away from him at home plate when Sammy told him to “get that moss trimmed up, Danny boy.” Yeah I remember CD.

Question for CD: what made the start of the 1973 season so different or unusual? I know that you know, but I bet a lot of others don’t and will find it interesting.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Good thing I’ve been busy as stink today and only had time to check the score occasionally. Just happened to check in when State tied it at 80, tried to listen but had to take yet another call. Disappointing, I can appreciate the battle back, but this was a winnable game. Take the medicine and a 10/11/12 seed and move on.

BTW, for everyone that says that conference tourneys don’t matter anymore, I beg to differ.

GoldenChain
    Participant

Time to circle the wagons and pull against the holes!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Time to circle the wagons and pull against the holes!

Let’s get the Hokies past Notre Dame first…

POP!!!

Packzingo
    Participant

b.otb,

POP! my brother..

———————-

Coaching has got to be such a difficult task…… but one thing that can never be lacking, how much to Love, regardless of the results.

Zingo… with your permission, I am ‘stealing’ this line and putting it in my book…

It’s better than my version…
    “Your Kids can quit on you, but you can never quit on your Kids.”
    ———————-

Bill, it would be an Honor!

Texpack
    Participant

Watching the ticker while waiting at Jersey Mike’s I see Lunardi has us as a last 4 byes team. I can live with that

Texpack
    Participant

We had several bipolar games as Bill alluded to but we busted it all the way to the buzzer every time. Some time to rest and get ready for the 6-11 match up against Houston.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Cool, Houston needs another gutting from the PACK!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Last 4 byes is fine. That’s not last 4 in. Means we won’t have a play in game.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

^ still, a tough row to hoe…

Texpack
    Participant

^ still, a tough row to hoe…

It’s about match ups. There aren’t any teams we could play in the first round that are too good for us to beat. There might be a bad match up or two.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 345 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.