Summer doldrums, shooting the sh1t

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Summer doldrums, shooting the sh1t

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 295 total)
  • Author
    NCSU88
    Participant

Got 130 on the test. Would be nice to know what I got wrong.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Mr. Dog…
    You headed to Faison anytime soon? Might get some ‘maters from you…

^88… I’m thinking 130 is about average around here….
    However…I would like to challenge on that question with the crooked sevens… otherwise… no real stumpers that I saw…

How did you answer that one?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    pakfanistan
    Participant

^Mr. Dog…<br>

However…I would like to challenge on that question with the crooked sevens… otherwise… no real stumpers that I saw…

How did you answer that one?

Three were rotated, one was rotated and mirrored.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^was that one #2 ???

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

I’m sure I got the 7’s correct. However, because I did not roam Harrelson at night(tough enough when the sun was up). The midnight steam tunnels, however, reflect my 124.

No reason for Mount Olive these days, Dude. Seafeast down your way for Delbert McClinton in October, perhaps. I dought that I’ll be packing tomatoes by then,though. 🙂

pakfanistan
    Participant

^was that one #2 ???

Yes, if I remember correctly.

ncsu1987
    Participant

130 here, too. Wasn’t sure on the Monday/yesterday question so prob flubbed that one.

How do y’all eat your ‘maters? I’m a purist, so my recipe is slice into large chunks, add an alarming amount of freshly cracked Tellicherry, then a whisper of salt and enjoy. My dad, of course, was the ultimate purist: pick off the vine, cursory swipe of the sleeve, go at it like an apple!

Can’t stomach mayonnaise, so have never like the ubiquitous ‘mater sandwich. Always curious how others enjoy.

tjfoose1
    Participant

130, but pretty sure an immediate answer to one question was incorrect, but there was no back up or undo. Thumb was quicker than the ‘stop’ thought at 5:30 am.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Per the 7’s. 3 were rotated 7’s, the top right one was flipped.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I was at 147 the last time I checked (15 years ago), and I have no intention of finding out just how much stupider I’ve gotten since then. 😀

BJD95
    Keymaster

Also, mayo is the most disgusting substance on this or any other planet. I’d sooner eat dirt from my backyard.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

We’re having some probs with our new AC unit removing humidity (we think, installers think NOT). We’ve got thermostat set to 72 and the humidity is 53% in here and it just feels hot as hell in here. Just curious if any of you guys could share what the humidity levels are like in your homes for comparison.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Also, mayo is the most disgusting substance on this or any other planet. I’d sooner eat dirt from my backyard.

Are you dead inside?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Are you dead inside?

Yes. Yes I am!

Wufpacker
    Participant

I wasn’t thrilled with the number, so I went thru a second time. Despite answering nearly every question incorrectly on purpose, I still was scored as being well north of 100. Which leads me to believe this is a racket (an opinion further cemented by the question at the end about do I want to improve my brain…I have a feeling credit card numbers would be soon to follow if I had said yes).

128 while trying. 118 while not trying.

Unlike BJD, I don’t hate mayo. I’m content merely to let mayo live in a different neighborhood, where I can visit a couple times a year but otherwise forget it exists. Kinda like most of my kin.

ncsu1987
    Participant

Most of these online IQ tests, especially the quick ones, are gateways to something. Not surprising that they skew the numbers they report upward, since most of the people who seek out and/or take these “tests” likely believe their score is pretty high anyway. But they’re fun.

Not surprised at all that this group would skew pretty high. Y’all make me feel stupid sometimes, and that’s pretty hard to do.

NCSU88
    Participant

Bill, I chose the mirrored 7 because the rest could be rotated back to read the number 7.

A little Mayo is good. I like some on a few fries.

Wulfpack
    Participant

There’s only one question when it comes to mayo – Hellmann’s or Duke’s?

pakfanistan
    Participant

There’s only one question when it comes to mayo – Hellmann’s or Duke’s?

Dukes, or homemade.

highstick
    Participant

Dukes! I guess I am a weirdo though…If I eat lettuce and tomato, it’s mayo…If I eat pickles, it’s mustard…and sometimes I mix both mayo and mustard..

But I don’t have either on my Q!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

highstick
    Participant

Ok, now you guys got me going to the Wayback Machine.

As mentioned that IM team wasn’t bad. We had no real height,though compared to the Homies from Pen.

We were all Frosh,too.<br>
    It was Moi`, Buckey1,Buckey2,Lil’MikeHardy(Goldsboro fame),Pat Hovance,BJ Lyttle,and a couple of guys that transferred out.

So sad to think about Mike Hardy. You see,he went up to NYC to visit one of the guys on that vert IM team that summer,and…fell to his death, out the passenger window, while cruising the Holland Tunnel.

Uhmmm…On a brighter note, I is ass deep in ripe ‘maters.

Ok, now you guys got me going to the Wayback Machine.

As mentioned that IM team wasn’t bad. We had no real height,though compared to the Homies from Pen.

We were all Frosh,too.<br>
    It was Moi`, Buckey1,Buckey2,Lil’MikeHardy(Goldsboro fame),Pat Hovance,BJ Lyttle,and a couple of guys that transferred out.

So sad to think about Mike Hardy. You see,he went up to NYC to visit one of the guys on that vert IM team that summer,and…fell to his death, out the passenger window, while cruising the Holland Tunnel.

Uhmmm…On a brighter note, I is ass deep in ripe ‘maters.

In 72, we were playing Shaw, Mike?(the Dback), and I can’t remember the others.

I reffed a game back in 65 when Donnan’s team scored over a 100 with the “clock running” rules..

TheCOWDOG

Miracle Whip!

Mike Devine is your guy, ‘Stick.

So..’87, aversions considered…Try a thick slice of a nice tomato with some mozzerella and fresh basil, touched off with a drizzle of Basalmic.

Just don’t forget a slightly chilled Pinot noir, a crusty baggette, and a blonde,brunette,jet black,auburn,red haired accoutrement.

highstick
    Participant

Yep, Devine…we matched up good back then before I got big enough to play in the line…doubt he had a clue that he was trying to guard a 4 year Army vet…

Mozz and basil is a good pairing…

I think they changed the test and I’m sure I’m having some visual issues with those rectangles…they all look the same to me.

highstick
    Participant

Here, you go, CD..I’ll bet Yoest crapped in his britches!

Lou Holtz said he will never forget seeing offensive guard Bill Yoest spouting off in the N.C. State locker room after a practice during Holtz’s first spring as the Wolfpack’s coach.

Yoest, who didn’t realize Holtz was in the locker room, was complaining about the new coach.

The next day, Holtz took Yoest aside. Holtz told him what he’d heard in the locker room. Then Holtz said Yoest was right. The new coach was crazy.

“You’ve really got it figured out,” Holtz said he told Yoest. “These other guys aren’t as smart as you are. You keep it to yourself.”

Holtz said Yoest changed after that conversation. Yoest went on to become a team captain and a consensus All-American in 1973.

He is just one of the players Holtz loves to brag on from the four seasons (1972-75) he spent at N.C. State. During a phone interview Tuesday, Holtz reminisced about playing pickup basketball against the players and getting roughed up by Mike Devine, who made All-ACC as a defensive back in 1974.

“Johnny Evans, Ted Brown,” he said, rattling off the names of some of his favorites. “Good Lord, Pat Hovance, Pat Kenney, the Druschel brothers, Justus Everett. . . .Willie Burden, Charley Young, Roland Hooks, Steve Lester – who couldn’t run but always could get open.”

Holtz, 71, now works as a studio analyst for ESPN. He obviously has fond memories of his time at N.C. State, but doesn’t have much hope for the team this season.

“On paper this year, it looks like they’re going to struggle,” Holtz said.

His notes on the Wolfpack rustled in his hands. He saw that N.C. State returns just four starters on defense and lost all three linebacker starters.

He saw that the team might start a freshman at quarterback and has a new kicker. Holtz makes a nice income as a motivational speaker, but even he found it difficult to paint a positive outlook for the current team despite his fondness for the school.

“There isn’t a whole lot to be optimistic about there,” he said, “except for (coach) Tom O’Brien.”

TheCOWDOG

Beej,Lawdy,that was meant for you, too. Old dirt guts

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 295 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.