Summer doldrums, shooting the sh1t

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Summer doldrums, shooting the sh1t

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 295 total)
  • Author
    Pack78
    Participant

126…and I luv mayo…

Re athletes on scolly vs us backyard heroes: playing BB in Carmichael Gym with Lee Hall suitemates, one of whom was only ~2″ taller than me and on a track high jump scholly. I could get up OK and he and I went up for a rebound. As he snagged it, I was eye-level with his navel.

TheCOWDOG

Damn…He never mentioned Stan Fritts or me. WTF?

Yoest. Ringwrath at C-F.
    Gotawmighty.

Fastback68
    Participant

I lost my over/under bet on the deadskins thread probably due to this forum and on a day I found a Longmire jacket for sale in Montana. The Blackfoot will break my summer boredom for the next 12 days. Is Blackfoot offensive???

pakfanistan
    Participant

Miracle Whip!

Miracle Whip is for nanner sandwiches.

TheCOWDOG

Blackfoot is never offensive unless it’s due to poor hygiene, ’68.

…Or that diabetes condition that one hasn’t gotten around to.

highstick
    Participant

Yoest, Ringwaith? Boy, did you hit that one right! He reminded me so much of Bill Sullivan who played guard on the 63 team. I moved into Alexander after it happened so I did not witness, but he ripped off/barreled through one of those huge solid wood doors off the hinges one night to get to my future roommate(RIP, so I won’t say anymore except Sullivan had a snootfull so I understand). Thank God, he was a School of Design student so I didn’t see him much…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

We’re having some probs with our new AC unit removing humidity (we think, installers think NOT). We’ve got thermostat set to 72 and the humidity is 53% in here and it just feels hot as hell in here. Just curious if any of you guys could share what the humidity levels are like in your homes for comparison.

nobody has a hygrometer in their house?

highstick
    Participant

It hasn’t frozen up, has it??

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Nope, charge is spot on and drain is spewing water. Everything appears to be working fine, it’s just humid as a jungle in here. Wanted to compare what others indoor humidity is this summer.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

If da jar don’t say “Duke’s” … it ain’t real mayonnaise….
    and if you ain’t got Duke’s …. you ain’t eating ‘mater samitches…

Almost got a divorce over “salad dressing” offered as the quality substitute for Duke’s mayo the first year or so we were married…
    Some of dat stupid sh&t coming out of Jawja…

Speaking of ‘Jawja…
    … don’t even ax me ’bout Harold’s BBQ down in south ‘lanta… been in bizness sixty years… ain’t served the first decent plate of BBQ yet… same with the Brunswick stew…

Now the Varsity on 10th is the real deal…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Miracle Whip is for nanner sandwiches.

Not a fan of Miracle Whip, either.

But the above statement makes me giggle for completely different reasons having to do with my mother and her often told story of her childhood, about HER mother’s insistence on putting ‘nanner sandwiches in her school lunch everyday in spite of the lack of available refrigeration devices, or even air conditioning for that matter. Apparently, it makes for a less than appetizing result.

You wanna make a sweet ol’ gal curse like a sailor? Offer my mother a ‘nanner sandwich.

highstick
    Participant

Ouch! Squirrels keep messing with my maters, but wont’ touch those little tabasco peppers I grew and those suckers are hot!!!

Going in some cornbread to eat with some Brunswick Stew tonight!

highstick
    Participant

Ok, Bill, you gotta ‘splain how you allow Carolina Treat Q Sauce to be brewed in the 28401 zip code? Looks very familiar to something with mustard in it, but I couldn’t find it on the label…

BTW, I’ve backed off the Kamodo Acorn and am leaning towards building my own Ugly Barrel Smoker…My Weber top fits perfectly on it…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

This is for Mr. Stick…who has “string issues”…

BJD95
    Keymaster

The nice thing of being stressed the f-ck out and having migraine tendencies AND a stomach that can’t handle anything good anymore…I’m down 25 pounds this year and 10 away from my college weight.

It also helps that I find things like mayo and Miracle Whip nasty. I’m down to eating as little artifical flavoring as possible. No fried food (God, do I miss fried chicken), chocolate, candy. Very little red meat or bacon. In process of cutting out popcorn (and with that, probably the will to live).

Oatmeal, v8 fruit/veggie blend, saltines, wheat toast with spreadable fruit, boiled chicken a few times a week for protein. Oh yeah, you must be so jelly.

redcanine
    Participant

I bet anything’ll sound good coming from that amp, Bill. I’m jealous.

4in12
    Participant

Don’t cut out popcorn – just air pop it. It’s fat free and high in fiber!

highstick
    Participant

Corn, in any form, except for maybe liquor, can set my diverticulosis off at any time…I’m gambling on the Brunswick Stew that I’m eating right now…

packplantpath
    Participant

The nice thing of being stressed the f-ck out and having migraine tendencies AND a stomach that can’t handle anything good anymore…I’m down 25 pounds this year and 10 away from my college weight.

It also helps that I find things like mayo and Miracle Whip nasty. I’m down to eating as little artifical flavoring as possible. No fried food (God, do I miss fried chicken), chocolate, candy. Very little red meat or bacon. In process of cutting out popcorn (and with that, probably the will to live).

Oatmeal, v8 fruit/veggie blend, saltines, wheat toast with spreadable fruit, boiled chicken a few times a week for protein. Oh yeah, you must be so jelly.

Dear lord, I want to off myself just reading that. If it wasn’t for good food, I’m not sure I’d make it through the day.

packplantpath
    Participant

Corn, in any form, except for maybe liquor, can set my diverticulosis off at any time…I’m gambling on the Brunswick Stew that I’m eating right now…

The ugly drum smoker is a nice one. Haven’t built one yet, but will eventually. Not quite the match for the egg in set and forget, but generally much better than the walmart brinkman offset. As long as you get a nice, heavy drum and seal the holes to keep heat in.

Never heard of diverticulitis from corn. Some folks in my family had it and for them it was basically any berry, tomatoes, etc. Seemed like it would suck.

redisgood
    Participant

Man, this is why is gave up on Facebook. C’mon football season. Hurry up and get here!!!

nav
    Participant

I thought this was a fascinating article.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html

I’m sure the legal guys at the NIH did not approve.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^red…

I tend to agree with you…. there ought to be an imaginary line among gentlemen that only gets crossed occasionally… regarding posting personal medical conditions about oneself…

Otherwise… we’d have absolutely nothing to talk about…

Football will be here in four weeks!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Spot on – I’ve had two attacks of diverticulitis (part of the family bad stomach lineage), doctor said most likely corn (especially popcorn) was the trigger.

And yes, I have quite the difficult time making it through the day. My body also no longer tolerates alcohol. My personal life is about what you’d expect from a divorced, single parent, sports blog co-founder.

I have sports, books, and music left. That’s about it. I won’t even have my man Obama around much longer (please take that as tongue in cheek and don’t go down the PoFlaWa path).

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

dammit! tell me the humidity in you guys f#$!ing houses

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 295 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.