Staats Battle late 3 leads Pack past

Home Forums All StateFansNation Staats Battle late 3 leads Pack past

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

So, let’s put anyone on ignore who says gott can’t coach. He can. Whether or not he will be great, time will tell.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I once as a young man asked him for his autograph in the tight bathrooms at reynolds and he signed my nc state ticket.

“I PEED BESIDE DAN BONNER … AND GOT HIS AUTOGRAPH!”

‘That’s an excellent flowing stream, young man.”

LMFAO!!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I totally agree with that, Chop. He’s clearly GOOD. I don’t think it’s conclusively proven he can’t grow into great, though he’s not there yet.

I’d give him a B+ overall right now. A Sweet Sixteen gets him into A- land.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Coaching wise, I think Gottfried has taken it up a notch too.

^This…

There’s too much “luck” involved in March Madness to hang one 16 or 8 on your belt…

The next notches in GOTT’s ACC belt are …

A win in Cameron…
    A Tournament Championship…

Do these a couple of times and the NCAA takes care of itself…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Just looked at v’s ACC record. His first 4 years he was 23-33 in conference…. He had 2 4-10 seasons. His next 5 years (when his teams were NCAA eligible) he went 40-31…after his first 4 years he was on the bubble once.

40-31 wasn’t lighting the world on fire, but the ACC was loaded for bear. I always thought “tourney coach” because of the “3 Elite Eights or better” in 4 seasons. That’s an incredible run, especially for a team that isn’t going like 28-4 every regular season. Then, of course, what would have been if not for the Georgetown Sweet Sixteen rogering. Grrrrr….

I suspect as we get more established, Gott wouldn’t keep being on the bubble every year either. But I would expect we would make our best tourney runs from 5-7 seeds, not from “elite” position.

choppack1
    Participant

Yep bjd – agree with the grades. He’s frustrating only because you can see that we’re right on the cusp with him. OTOH, Lowe and Robinson were frustrating because your thought was “exactly when do the adults in charge around here figure out this guy is leading us right off a cliff.”

choppack1
    Participant

Damn bjd – 40-31 was kinda lighting the world on fire.

On another note – I love those ACC ads. A great opportunity for parody…bring us your schools who cheat really bad, bring us your coaches who bang some strange in the booth of a restaurant or shouldn’t be driving a motorcycle.

BJD95
    Keymaster

One of my oft-referred to maxims is the “Rule of Ten” – ie, that you will find that or can get 10% of the population to believe pretty much anything, no matter how absurd.

So it shouldn’t have shocked me as much as it did that there WERE people – people with jobs, drivers licenses, that were not wards of the state or living in Unabomber shacks – that didn’t believe Les or Sid should be fired.

But it did shock me, and still does. It boggles the mind.

TheCOWDOG

If they manage a Wednesday win, I predict, without statistics, a 7 seed.

Which was predicted to a couple of SFN family members during the FSU win.

I’m tellin’ ya. Hell, this club had a 10 wrapped up before the day started.

primacyone
    Participant

Coach Gott comments regarding the teams play today he used the word “confidence” more than once.

I’m thinking the coach is gaining more confidence himself. He quite possibly maybbe moving from I want it to I gott it. And more importantly understand that he can get it and understand the focus required to have it.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Coaches ain’t nothing but grown up players…
    what’s the difference?

Why do we tend to be more patient with kids than coaches?

Tobacco Road is a long, long way from Alabama…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

A win in Cameron…

^Well, we all still have chapped ass over what happened in year 1 under Gott. That one should already be off the list. The shit that happened under Les and Herb regarding the refs (disregarding Sid – he just lost no matter what) just kept right on going w/r/t Gottfried until Herr Hess finally put their collective BS over the top and social media exposed all their bias BS. Much fewer truly antagonizing calls and games this season. When NC State gets a truly fair called game at Cheater Hill then things have changed a bit on the ref front (and we won – imagine that).

I’m tellin’ ya. Hell, this club had a 10 wrapped up before the day started.

^Agree.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I STILL hear about how good/awesome whatever Les was from NC State fans. Seriously.

choppack1
    Participant

He used “swagger” more at least on CBS. Who knows maybe Ingram and bam bam like “swagger.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Really.. most of the State fans I know… erased those memories years ago…

pakfanistan
    Participant

I STILL hear about how good/awesome whatever Les was from NC State fans. Seriously.

Who are YOU hangin’ out with. I hear, “nice guy, terrible coach.”

^Really.. most of the State fans I know… erased those memories years ago…

Heck, I erased those memories the night it happened. Thanks Dr. Woodford!

Wulfpack
    Participant

I guess guys that were/are living under a rock.

primacyone
    Participant

I know for a fact that Ingram is paying attention.

So does Gott.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Who is Ingram?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Heck, I erased those memories the night it happened. Thanks Dr. Woodford!

Some checks GOTT erased too… so to speak… or tore up…

Adventuroo
    Participant

OK, as the Pirate said, me Pretties…..Lets do some Bracketology…..specifically.

My chief statistician, whom I have conjugal privileges with….on her schedule….done drawn it up.

She says that we play FSU on Wednesday night. Anybody got a REAL or Correct ACCT Bracket drawn up?

Is she correct? I think she is. That means that we are coming up (potentially) the Duke SIDE….which is preferable….at least to our logic.

Pitino and Co done pulled off the UPSET. Tony Bennett got his his heart torn out in Louisville….and did not leave it in SF….

BTW….I once heard a coach (Gott?) go over the exact sequence of hitting a 3 point game winning shot. Lackey did it twice…..the one at Reynolds did not count (and even though it was KH’s LAST NCSU GAME….and that is SWEET….it DID look like the right call).

What, you BB experts, is the “common” Rule of Thumb for a last second desperation shot….say a few feet past the Mid Court line….way past the NBA 3 line?

What a GREAT game today. Sill excited about it. Will be in Greensboro early Wednesday…..taking the motor home up on Monday to set up our “camp”.

The UNC crowd in our group was already saying how they had bought the books….but really were wasted as UNC would not play until Thursday.

Pitino done threw some feces into that punch bowl celebration…

GO PACK…

pakfanistan
    Participant

Who is Ingram?

Brandon Ingram. C/O ’15 5* 6-8 wing (I think)

Wulfpack
    Participant

We play Pitt.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^oh.. the kid from Kinston….
    I’m prety sure Coach Kitchings has been seen lurking the halls of Kinston High…

TeufelWolf
    Participant

I was at the game and I just want to say how classless the Syracuse fans were (much like their coach of course). They just completely filled that void of asshole fans left by Maryland. It was so wonderful so see them leaving early, so humbled. Hope they run into weather on the way home. And I do love that since they left the house yesterday to come see their cheating program lose in Raleigh, they lost 110 games. Ah Ha. Suck it.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.