Staats Battle late 3 leads Pack past

Home Forums All StateFansNation Staats Battle late 3 leads Pack past

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

RE: An UK – NCS matchup…

If you want to be the best… you play the best…

That’s all this old coach tells his kids…

Then I’d reach back into my coaching “bag of tricks”…
    and pull out the craziest sh%t I could.

Give my kids some confidence with the craziness and try to keep it close for them.
    If I could get to the 4 minute mark close…. Cal can be outcoached.

As long as my kids walk off the court with their heads up and proud of themselves. it’s a win … I don’t care what the scoreboard says.

I miss the days of 12-10 games and putting a 5’10” kid in the opening jumpball against a 7 footer… when coaches had options and knew how to use them…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’m not exactly an optimist, but I’m not exactly a pessimist, either 🙂

I have to disagree with the Premier here … I don’t think the team is emotionally drained. I think they’ll be ready and will be loaded for bear. They have just recently truly discovered what they are capable of. As disgusting as it was, in hindsight I’m kinda/sorta thankful for the BC game … that was the physical/emotional/any other kind of drained game. That’s not to suggest Pitt couldn’t play out of their minds and win the game, but I really like State’s chances, especially if they’re focused.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I think we will be back for the NCAAT, no doubt. But I have no idea what to expect for the ACCT.

Texpack
    Participant

I think we will play our best ball of the year. We will be loose.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’m just glad we drew Pitt. Even if firing on less than all cylinders I think we match up well enough to probably still win.

ie, I think anything but a complete bed soiling should get us a 2nd date with Duke. I’d very love a shot at violating that prom queen once again.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I think we will play our best ball of the year. We will be loose.

I hope you’re right.

I also hope that we’re past the “WTF team is this?” exhibitions we’ve seen as recently as a week or so against Boston College. I fear for that against Pitt, but that’s just me being me, the ever pessimistic NC State fan.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I also want a chance to give the golden domers what they should rightfully have gotten the first go ’round.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I also want a chance to give the golden domers what they should rightfully have gotten the first go ’round.

OMG yes

BJD95
    Keymaster

OMG yes

40 minutes of Power Kitty. ANGRY SNUBBED Power Kitty.

Texpack
    Participant

Maybe Cat can talk to Tommy Burleson about being snubbed. This is setting up for Cat to lead the charge in Greensboro.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Tommy can speak to Cat and Cat will listen. I’m convinced that Cat has taken a monastic vow of silence.

nav
    Participant

Everyone here knows we would beat UK and then crap the bed against our next foe. Especially if it is UNC. That’s the State way.

13OT
    Participant

We just beat Syracuse and could well crap the bed with Pittsburgh.

This has been a WTF team all season. I haven’t seen any evidence, except in the UNC game when we actually played 40 minutes of DEFENSE, that things will change much from here on out.

It’s not the Kentuckys that bother me nearly as much as the Woffords, the Boston Colleges, and the Wake Forests.

PackFamily
    Participant

Projecting our seed: it really is as simple as taking our final RPI (prior to selection Sunday) and dividing by 4… it’s that easy.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Projecting our seed: it really is as simple as taking our final RPI (prior to selection Sunday) and dividing by 4… it’s that easy.

I suppose that’s a way to guess but it’s not accurate at all.

There is a lot of subjectivity involved. There are some teams ahead of State in the RPI rankings that will not even make the field. If RPI/4 = seed that would be a mess. RPI is just a metric, nothing more.

PackFamily
    Participant

There is a lot of subjectivity involved. There are some teams ahead of State in the RPI rankings that will not even make the field. If RPI/4 = seed that would be a mess. RPI is just a metric, nothing more.

I meant of the teams that make it, take their RPI and divide by 4. MoE of 1 spot. I realize it is simplistic but i am confident in it.

Texpack
    Participant

Teams rarely move more than two lines from where the final RPI would have them seeded. That’s why I think we have a better shot at a 10 than a 7. I think our quality wins and SOS will get us seeded above where our RPI would seed us, but 7 would be 2.5-3.0 lines.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I meant of the teams that make it, take their RPI and divide by 4. MoE of 1 spot. I realize it is simplistic but i am confident in it.

Oh ok, cool. Like Texpack implied, the MoE you’re using is a fairly accurate way to gauge.

I think our quality wins and SOS will get us seeded above where our RPI would seed us, but 7 would be 2.5-3.0 lines.

^I agree. I don’t think State’s there just yet, but I’m not entirely sold on State having to beat Pitt and also Duke to get to that line. Being on the 8-9 line would most likely be the way it would play out though.

Since74
    Participant

BJD95 I know I’ve been reading the reference for at least a year, but I missed the origin of the term “ShadowPack”. Care to shed some light?

(Also don’t know how to add trademark symbols).

… And note to all, F*** this “crapping the bed” and “NCStatesh*t” talk. We ended Wooden’s reign and put away Phi Slamma Jamma. We’re giant killers. Bring on an undefeated Kentucky (ShadowPack?).

MrPlywood
    Participant

… And note to all, F*** this “crapping the bed” and “NCStatesh*t” talk.

Seconded. But don’t mind OT13, he had the Pack squarely in the NIT a week ago.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Shadow Pack(tm) refers to my lamentation of the dark years when we suffered through the death throes of the Lowe era, in the knowledge that we came close to hiring Calipari. Kentucky was thusly an example of what could have been. The Shadow Pack(tm), if you will.

I just type “tm” in parentheses and it auto-converts. Voodoo!

Wufpacker
    Participant

If Jed had actually somehow managed to not muck it up, Calipari would still be gone by now. And we might be recovering from probation (or still on it)…but possibly with a few new banners to look at.

Tau837
    Participant

There are some teams ahead of State in the RPI rankings that will not even make the field

Like who?

Tau837
    Participant

As for the possibility of playing Kentucky, I think that would be a great outcome. Our team is good enough to win and is playing its best ball of the season. Gott has already coached this team to a number of big wins, including a win over the #1 team (Duke a couple seasons ago). And I think we would actually match up pretty well against them.

4in12
    Participant

Forgot what that 2nd thing to note was

CD, thought of the second note yet?

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.