Men’s Basketball Player Turnover Under Mark Gottfried

Home Forums All StateFansNation Men’s Basketball Player Turnover Under Mark Gottfried

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 504 total)
  • Author
    PackerInRussia
    Participant

^ Maybe if you got that eye fixed, you’d see things better 😉

P.S. You also smell like Phys Ed

freshmanin83
    Participant

Sorry McCallum I don’t think that applies to the Pack. Maybe you have them confused with someone else.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

PIR,

I’m 32 years old and I still want to be a Goonie. It’s not P.E., I’m actually a math teacher who has horrible writing skills 🙂

I’m deeply concerned about our Wolfpack just like everyone else is, just feel completely helpless as the Jenga blocks prepare to tumble once again.

McCallum
    Participant

No other institution in the land comes close to doing it as cheaply and poorly as State whilst crapping on the fans along the way.

How not to do something DEFINES the Pack.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

You boys would be better off watching Benny Hill oldies on DVD than lamenting the Pack.

McCallum

MrPlywood
    Participant

Just curious if any of the old-school Illuminati around here know whether or not an AD in this situation would have a chat with an athlete in order to get the player’s point of view. The feedback may end up being he said/he said, but something is amiss.

tractor57
    Participant

Mr P word was that Yow have that kind of relationship with Calvin. I would hope the AD (or any AD) would be willing to have those discussions. Maybe those would not change the direction but a good AD should be in the loop. Granted the relationship between Yow and Gott is closer than that of a lot of coaches and AD’s – or at least started that way.

TheCOWDOG

^IF he flapped…if.

FU×# yes! …and he’d be out the door. Willis Casey, cheaper than any AD known to man (you want cheap, McCallum? You don’t know cheap.), also owner of God knows how many titles, would have yanked Abu’s schol in a heartbeat.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Mr. Casey could hire good coaches too…
    but he one or two slip thru his fingers too..

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant

TheCOWDOG,

I said “cheaply and poorly”.

Cheap and effective warms my Presbyterian heart.

Understand the difference as I am sure you do.

McCallum

TheCOWDOG

^^ Yes

^ And for sure.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Well this boy ain’t much for watching that type of … stuff and am not really into running down the Pack.

McCallum
    Participant

Point made.

They run themselves down enough, they don’t need the extra help.

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Geeeeee whiz golly geee.. are we still whining about basketball in May?? lol damn if football season isn’t going to be depressing AF around here.

hey for real though where’s the threads holding Yow up on a pedestal for the frigging baseball run we got going?

ryebread
    Participant

Troll: We all know there are different expectations, resources, history, etc. with respect to football and basketball at NC State. I’m not expecting a great year out of football, but I expect one more in line with our spot in the relative pecking order.

The only “really” interesting stories in football would be:
    – A 7-5 or better type year: Would suggest significant improvement due to better results despite a tougher schedule.
    – The dreaded trifecta of losing to ECU, losing to UNC and have a losing record: Only 2 coaches at State in the past 35+ years have survived that. Both times it was early in their tenure (Sheridan) or their first hiccup (Amato). Could DD survive it? Given his failure to launch and ensuing hiccups, I kind of doubt it. I personally hope we don’t find out.

McCallum
    Participant

The McRib is back.

McCallum

Pack1997
    Participant

Troll, I get where you are coming from because bball and FB drive our interest. We definitively should be better in those sports than we are. That is where Yow has failed. Where she has succeeded is elevating our non revenue sports. Most fans I talk to are 50/50 on her. She has done a great job in a lot of sports, just not the ones most of us care about.

highstick
    Participant

^IF he flapped…if.

FU×# yes! …and he’d be out the door. Willis Casey, cheaper than any AD known to man (you want cheap, McCallum? You don’t know cheap.), also owner of God knows how many titles, would have yanked Abu’s schol in a heartbeat.

Willis used to make the swim team share one bathing suit…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

choppack1
    Participant

so that’s why we never won relays.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^regardless…

Don Easterling’s, not Willis’s, swim teams were Champions year in and year out…

Adventuroo
    Participant

Never on the Swim Team. BUT, in the fall of 1963, we, the incoming freshmen had to report to Carmichael as part of our “fun week”.

We had to take the Birds and Bees test. Those that failed….or wanted to hear lectures on sex…..had to take “Personal Reproductive Health” for the first half of the PE Semester.

THEN, we plodded down to the locker room and were given a key to a locker. We took off our clothes and put them in the locker. Then, like little puppies, we walked UP the steps to the pool….SANS any clothing. We had to swim across and back in under one minute. THOSE that were smart said they could not make it….got sent to beginning swimming.

Those of little aquatic skills, but shear determination that BARELY made it….got sent to Advanced Swimming or maybe “Intermediate” swimming. It was like boot camp for Navy Seals. We did laps….we dove off the high board…we got to do Survival Swimming….where they tied our hands and feet and we had to bob for 10 minutes and catch gulps of air.

Folks think this is a MYTH….it is fact and several of my 1963 classmates have told, SOBER, the same tale….

I guess that Casey was cutting back on expenses…..not having to purchase bathing suits and launder them….

MEANWHILE…..was told that there were issues within the the program that lead to all the changes in staff….and that the dissention and lack of civil interaction during practice really impacted the players….

As the season progressed…there was more finger pointing and blame laying….not a cohesive strategy to improve the team.

Abu is STILL on the fence….no one knows or is not talking. He was one of the “Lynch Pins” for next season….with good leadership skills and experience.

Currently, the environment is classified as Total and Devastated Panic….and that JUCO’s are now the target as the house of cards is crumbling…..and that it would be way too costly to do a buyout. We have two of the best recruiters in the country….BUT not anyone that is an X & O guy(s)….one that is sorely needed.

Many LT LTR MBB holders are bailing as they are fed up….and general ticket and regular ticket sales are declining….

Also there is the PR damage….as the lower center seats will STILL be sold to the businesses that own them….but that attendance will be sparse this year. Remember when the UNC “Seats” holders could not even GIVE AWAY the DD tickets….I do….there was MORE red in 2003 there than Blue when State played UNC….and THAT lead to the ouster of BD…

Just reporting what I was told….not something from another board or blog….and I believe the source….

Ain’t gonna be pretty….and I was a BIG TIME supporter but after all the off court stuff and also the failed season….I am having my doubts…..

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Folks think this is a MYTH….

Some ten or twelve years after B’rer ‘Roo … during Mr. Stick’s second term…
    Mr. Dog’s and my Class ….

still HAD to swim across the pool in Carmichael and back to get our diplomas regardless of our GPAs…
    It didn’t matter how long we took and as long as we didn’t touch the bottom of the pool….

No sh#t … wufpups….

We did, however, all have our own clean swim shorts from the gym laundry…

———————-

B’rer n’Roo….

As to the Wuf BBall version of “As The World Turns”….
    If Mama and Daddy ain’t happy…
    then ain’t nobody happy…

BJD… can you recommend a good divorce attorney in Wake County?

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I’m 32 years old and I still want to be a Goonie. It’s not P.E., I’m actually a math teacher who has horrible writing skills 🙂

I’m deeply concerned about our Wolfpack just like everyone else is, just feel completely helpless as the Jenga blocks prepare to tumble once again

Goonies never say die! (of course the Goonies weren’t Wolfpack fans)

PackerInRussia
    Participant

still HAD to swim across the pool in Carmichael and back to get our diplomas regardless of our GPAs…

You mean that regardless of your GPA, you would be given your diploma simply by swimming across the pool? (of course I’m pretty sure you mean the opposite, but these days you have to clarify such statements)

redisgood
    Participant

The media is reporting 5 star center Omer Yurtseven began his Raleigh visit yesterday.(I wish we had better weather for it). He was at Syracuse earlier in the week. A cautionary note – Omer’s coach in the Turkish pro league is bitter about him leaving, and is claiming the team has been paying Yurtseven for the past three years, which he denies. Hopefully he chooses to run with the Pack, and hopefully he is cleared by the NCAA. Also, a shooting guard from Canada, Tyrell Gumbs-Frater will be visiting early next week. He will be a freshman this upcoming season. I looked up his stats and saw that he shot 40% from 3 last season. He sounds like he would be a good depth player for next year.

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 504 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.