Men’s Basketball Player Turnover Under Mark Gottfried

Home Forums All StateFansNation Men’s Basketball Player Turnover Under Mark Gottfried

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 504 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

It’s about the record (which is good enough today).

I guess it wasn’t about the record this year.
    Nonetheless I agree Gott has pulled in some amazing talent. No reason not to make some noise next year.

StateRed44
    Participant

It’s about the record (which is good enough today).

I guess it wasn’t about the record this year.
    Nonetheless I agree Gott has pulled in some amazing talent. No reason not to make some noise next year.

Sure it was. Nobody was happy with that. If we get more of those than S16’s he is toast as he should be. It all goes on the ledger. I do like his recruiting. We seem to be in the mix big time every year on that front. There will be misses, naturally. If he can settle down with his staff and get The top 100 or so guys to buy in and then rack up a 5 star or 2 we will be very good more often than not. He’s not Valvano but he’s not a complete doofus with in game coaching either. I do have concerns on the team building (play for each other) issues as well. Would love to see teams with that attitude. Maybe a dynamic team leader was needed and missing. Those are championship type issues.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Thanks for the video.

I miss Ava and Winona.

I feel your pain, ’68. FWIW, you can see Winona (aka Natalie Zea) Mondays on TBS in The Detour (which is actually a pretty funny show for sickos like meself who like that brand of humour).

(sorry for the threadjack, but let’s face it…this puppy has already been on life support for like a week)

Rick
    Keymaster

Justified was a great show. It had run its course but if you have not seen it grab Kodi and go to town.
    Another show I really enjoyed was the Shield. The character who played Boyd was on the Shield and he was great in that as well. Goggins can really enliven a show.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Agreed about Walton Goggins. Never haven’t loved him in anything. His SOA appearances were TV gold, Jerry!!!!

Rick
    Keymaster

I forgot about him in SOA. He knows how to steal a show.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Goggins is in a new HBO comedy this summer, with the dude from “Eastbound and Down.”

Rick
    Keymaster

Goggins is in a new HBO comedy this summer, with the dude from “Eastbound and Down.”

Any idea what the name is or if it has started? I will look for it on Kodi.

Rick
    Keymaster

This is great news

Jeff Goodman ?@GoodmanESPN 2m2 minutes ago
    Good news for NC State fans: Abdul-Malik Abu will announce he is withdrawing from NBA Draft and will return to school, source told ESPN.

Gowolves
    Participant

Let’s get back on track… Per Bleacher Report Abu is returning to run with the Pack. Has withdrawn his name from the draft. Great news!!

StateRed44
    Participant

This is great news

Jeff Goodman ?@GoodmanESPN 2m2 minutes ago
    Good news for NC State fans: Abdul-Malik Abu will announce he is withdrawing from NBA Draft and will return to school, source told ESPN.

Yes it is!

redisgood
    Participant

Starters Dennis Smith, Torin Dorn, Terry Henderson, Malik Abu, and Omer Yurtseven, with Mav, BJ, Darius Hicks, Kirk, and possibly Freeman coming off the bench. Apparently there will be news of another guard in the next week or two as well.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Rick
    Keymaster

Starters Dennis Smith, Torin Dorn, Terry Henderson, Malik Abu, and Omer Yurtseven, with Mav, BJ, Darius Hicks, Kirk, and possibly Freeman coming off the bench. Apparently there will be news of another guard in the next week or two as well.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

I heard Freeman is redshirting which I think is best. We need another guard but we went from do we even have enough players to a nice looking roster. Gott can scramble.

tractor57
    Participant

SFN is bipolar. College recruiting is also bipolar. Maybe Gott is bipolar as well 🙂

Joe Cool
    Participant

DSJ Keeps getting assists and hasn’t set foot on the floor yet

TheCOWDOG

Pretty sick to go back in this thread, and read the thoughts of a few. It is suggested reading, though.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Vice Principals is the show, fyi.

A little Justified history – Boyd was supposed to be a “one off” character. Goggins didn’t even want to do the pilot, because he was tired of always playing racist characters because of his Georgia heritage (he’s married to a woman of Middle Eastern descent). His compromise was “fine, but you have to let me play him MY way” – and then when the pilot screened for test audiences the overwhelming response was “you better not let Boyd Crowder die.” So he became a permanent character with a complex mind and backstory/character.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Plus he liked to blow stuff up….and that’s ALWAYS fun.

Fastback68
    Participant

Fire in the hole. Meant to dvr the detour but forgot.

The Turk better get cleared. Johnson & Johnson would be good as well.

MrPlywood
    Participant

The Turk better get cleared.

Surely Yow has hired a consultant to investigate the situation for the NCAA, and to give them the “all clear”.

Tau837
    Participant

Now which is more realistic yours or mine?

Mine. At least so far.

Just as things snowball in a bad way, they can snowball in a good way too.

The snowball is officially rolling down the good side of the hill.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Martin twins are staying with the Pack – but headed westward to the Wolf Pack (Nevada).

Aeight
    Participant

Nevada??? Hee, Hee, Hee.

Tau837
    Participant

1. Abu returns to play the 2016-17 season at State.
    2. Anya returns to play the 2016-17 season at State.
    3. 5 star C Omer Yurtseven commits to State.
    5. 3 star PF Darius Hicks commits to State.

Check.

4. Top 25 juco transfer SF Keanu Pinder commits to State.

Nope.

3. 5 star C Omer Yurtseven gets cleared by the NCAA to play the full season.
    6. A backup PG who can play backup minutes without disaster commits to State. (Perhaps KJ Smith, who visited today.)
    7. Freeman redshirts.
    8. Henderson is granted a 6th year (i.e., granted a medical redshirt for 2015-16).
    9. DSJ and Yurtseven live up to the hype, and both are 2017 NBA lottery picks. This has a positive effect on future recruiting, and Gott lands an elite 2017 recruiting class, which makes up for losing DSJ, Yurtseven, Abu, and Anya.
    10. Meanwhile, the rotation of DSJ, Dorn, Henderson, Rowan, Abu, Yurtseven, Anya, et al. stays healthy, and State finishes in the top 4 in the ACC and makes deep ACC and NCAA tourney runs.
    11. Despite these things, Gott’s contract is not extended.
    12. We have an elite recruiting class that contains a starting PG and two quality big mean, at least one of whom will start. That plus Henderson, Dorn, Rowan, Freeman, Pinder, Kirk, and Hicks for the 2017-18 season means the team is both talented and deep.
    13. And it builds from there…

Don’t know yet.

But the best case scenario could actually be a bit better today than it was when I posted this. CG Malik Newman has announced he will transfer from Mississippi State. He was a top 5-10 overall player in his class last year. His final list of universities was Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Kentucky, LSU, Kansas, and N.C. State. It seems reasonable to assume the SEC schools are out, which could mean it would be down to Kansas and State. With the expectation that DSJ, Henderson, Abu, Yurtseven, and Anya could all be gone after this season, that would leave a lot of playing time and shots available for Newman, probably more than Kansas could offer.

:popcorn:

Fastback68
    Participant

I hear drumbeats and I wan’t to be 500.

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 504 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.