06/20/2016 at 6:20 PM #104672StandardStatefanParticipant
Welcome to the pack markell Johnson!06/21/2016 at 12:14 PM #104688Tau837Participant
1. Abu returns to play the 2016-17 season at State.
2. Anya returns to play the 2016-17 season at State.
3. 5 star C Omer Yurtseven commits to State.
5. 3 star PF Darius Hicks commits to State.
4. Top 25 juco transfer SF Keanu Pinder commits to State.
3. 5 star C Omer Yurtseven gets cleared by the NCAA to play the full season.
6. A backup PG who can play backup minutes without disaster commits to State. (Perhaps KJ Smith, who visited today.)
7. Freeman redshirts.
8. Henderson is granted a 6th year (i.e., granted a medical redshirt for 2015-16).
9. DSJ and Yurtseven live up to the hype, and both are 2017 NBA lottery picks. This has a positive effect on future recruiting, and Gott lands an elite 2017 recruiting class, which makes up for losing DSJ, Yurtseven, Abu, and Anya.
10. Meanwhile, the rotation of DSJ, Dorn, Henderson, Rowan, Abu, Yurtseven, Anya, et al. stays healthy, and State finishes in the top 4 in the ACC and makes deep ACC and NCAA tourney runs.
11. Despite these things, Gott’s contract is not extended.
12. We have an elite recruiting class that contains a starting PG and two quality big mean, at least one of whom will start. That plus Henderson, Dorn, Rowan, Freeman, Pinder, Kirk, and Hicks for the 2017-18 season means the team is both talented and deep.
13. And it builds from there…
Don’t know yet.
But the best case scenario could actually be a bit better today than it was when I posted this. CG Malik Newman has announced he will transfer from Mississippi State. He was a top 5-10 overall player in his class last year. His final list of universities was Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Kentucky, LSU, Kansas, and N.C. State. It seems reasonable to assume the SEC schools are out, which could mean it would be down to Kansas and State. With the expectation that DSJ, Henderson, Abu, Yurtseven, and Anya could all be gone after this season, that would leave a lot of playing time and shots available for Newman, probably more than Kansas could offer.
Add #6 to the checked off list. So far, we are progressing nicely down the best case scenario path I posted back when most thought the sky was falling.06/21/2016 at 5:58 PM #104696Thinkpack17Participant
Is it safe to say that some people MAY have over-reacted?06/21/2016 at 7:09 PM #104698MISTA WOLFParticipant
I was one of those guys. Now lets see what Gott can do with it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.