Game Thread – Wolfpack Football in Blacksburg

Home Forums All StateFansNation Game Thread – Wolfpack Football in Blacksburg

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 337 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Our problem is we don’t adjust to the opponent’s adjustments. Rookie ass B.S.

Avid109
    Participant

Brissett ought to go ahead and throw an interception so he won’t have to worry about that stat anymore….

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Rick,

Look at how many excuses were laid out prior to the season. No way after year 3 of a dumpster fire that happens. Year 4 and it’s the same then yeah.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

So if he loses to UNC in Carter-Finley and goes 5-7, do ya’ll think he starts next year on the hot seat?

I’m good if he loses his job after this game.

Classof89
    Participant

I don’t mean that Yow is going to can him if he goes 5-7… it just means that the long slow death begins, sort of like Amato’s last three seasons. Did anyone really think Amato was going to pull out of that spiral once you saw several Assistants leaving after each season.

Avid109
    Participant

He heard me!

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Yes!!! Finally can stop hearing about the INT streak

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

DD can’t hold Amato’s jockstrap (or bra)

Rick
    Keymaster

Rick,

Look at how many excuses were laid out prior to the season. No way after year 3 of a dumpster fire that happens. Year 4 and it’s the same then yeah.

Good point

BTW ecu beat this team and were playing their third strong qb.

graywolf
    Participant

If this keeps up we don’t win another game this year…..even losing another one in Winston. This fan base will not be pleased.

Pack1998
    Participant

Jacoby is fine

This is the same situations as last year – Canada sux, then DD jerks his chain – then we start sustained drives w TDs – Canada is terrible

Dayes and Samuel were great

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

It really all depends on recruiting, DD can’t afford a bad haul at this point.

Classof89
    Participant

This was the breakout year… does anyone really think we will manage a winning record next year having to play FSU, ND, ECU, at Clemson, at UNC, at Louisville? THat’s six games right there we have very little chance of winning, even if we weren’t breaking in a new QB…and LOL at the people who think McClendon is some sort of potential Heisman winner that we’re keeping under wraps..

coach13
    Participant

I don’t get the Canada thing. Was Chow the last decent OC we had? Why don’t coaches can the OC’s or DC’s mid season when they suck like a 5 dollar whore? Our offense sucks. Next man up. Geez.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

As I said 3 years ago Dave Doofus is in over his head who looked good inheriting an undefeated team with a legit NFL starting quarterback in a terrible conference. Glad this season will bear it out and I don’t have to hear anymore how stupid I am because I didn’t play in college in the 70’s.

Classof89
    Participant

I feel about the football program about like I felt the season after Rivers left…when it became evident that Chuckles didn’t, in fact, have a plan for QB.

If UNC goes 10-2 or 9-3 with a New Year’s Day Bowl and we stay home with 5-7, how do you think in-state recruiting will go next year?

Wolfman 9806
    Participant

I’ll say it. Lose next week and let’s fire up the hot seat talk!

coach13
    Participant

We are in the bottom 1/3 of the ACC once again. Checking out for he season. Will check back in for more Wolfpack M&M* in couple months.

*mediocrity and misery

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Just remember it’ll all be over by Friday…

Classof89
    Participant

We apparently are the balm for anyone’s season gone awry. This team has put itself in a very difficult spot. Decisively outcoached for a 2nd straight week. The contrast between 1st and 2nd quarter tonight was breathtaking. We had no answer for whatever adjustments Beamer and his staff did.

Packzingo
    Participant

Certainly such an unimpressive coaching exhibition since we finished the pre season. Maybe DD was trying to help F Beamer save face for such a dismal start in Blacksburg?

Also, can someone tell JB to take off the ankle weights!! He looks so slow even in a shotgun setup! Knew we were doomed when all three ESPN announcers picked the Pack to win.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Pitiful. Frauds exposed.

Game turned when Jones got hurt with score 10-0. Crowd started booing thinking Jones was faking. I told hokies I was sitting with that if Jones was out, he was hurt because we don’t want his backup on the field. That as long as 31 was in, VT had a chance to score.

Then boom. Pratt got abused immediately and continually. He was lost on almost every play early on. Took his own teammates out on 2 big plays.

Something still aint right with Jacoby. Our passing game has gone to pot.

tjfoose1
    Participant

As I said 3 years ago Dave Doofus is in over his head 

To be expected I guess, but that’s just asinine.

Packzingo
    Participant

Right now the Wolfpack offensive mindset is kinda like waking up from a drug inducted sleep only to see Bill Cosby lying beside you………

mak4dpak
    Participant

What a great first quarter, then the demise. Everything sucked for us, from the coaching to the players. Why do I even bother?????

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 337 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.