Game Thread – Wolfpack Football in Blacksburg

Home Forums All StateFansNation Game Thread – Wolfpack Football in Blacksburg

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 337 total)
  • Author

State looks like one of the more homeless teams you’ll see. Va Tech hasn’t been able to move the ball 1 inch all season but they look dominant against the Pack. I like watching State against South Alabama way better! I can’t believe I was so excited about this team not even 1 week ago. What a quick retirement…

coyotejoe
    Participant

3 and 15 in the ACC so far….need I say more?

Wolfman 9806
    Participant

DD is so in over his head! I totally agree. Look at his conference record! We pour all of this money into football and I swear we just get worse every year.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Welp. That hurt.

7-5, best case scenario.

Packzingo
    Participant

Well, atleast playing on Friday didn’t screw up 4 hours of a Saturday!!

Rick
    Keymaster

Lose to a 1-3 team then a 2-3 team both without their starring qbs.
    I did not realize dd was 3-15 in the acc. That is awful.

Wulfpack
    Participant

So the Cards and Hokies take the wind out of our sails. But there are still games to play. Play for each other.

We must go 2-2 these next four (Wake, Clemson, BC, FSU).

Fastback68
    Participant

Hire TOB for a two week bye fundamentals reboot. I love the Red & White but they can’t run or pass block or tackle for —-.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Got Wake tickets again for 5th time. Not gonna go. Not gonna tune in. I know how that game will go. Been saying it since before the season started. Now it’s not just a hunch. Only difference now is that I thought we might be undefeated going in to game. We lose at Wake and then we lose out. 4-7 and winless in ACC. Yow pressured to fire DD but keeps him one more year if he agrees to flush his entire staff. When does BB start?

TheCOWDOG

As I said 3 years ago Dave Doofus is in over his head who looked good inheriting an undefeated team with a legit NFL starting quarterback in a terrible conference. Glad this season will bear it out and I don’t have to hear anymore how stupid I am because I didn’t play in college in the 70’s.

Well…Troll…I don’t recall anyone calling you stupid, so lets get it right.
    THAT was pretty stupid.

rthomas44
    Participant

Yawn…Wake me up after Christmas!

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

The last two losses were pickem games. Always were. Eye test told me in weeks 1-4 that we’re slow at key skill positions and not dominant upfront. Kicked our best back off the team to boot. Staff doesn’t seem to adapt well in game. Strangely, the knock on Canada wasn’t that he failed to adjust or doesn’t call a good game. It’s that he tended to get away from what worked during the game and go all tecmo bowl. Didn’t by the hype preseason, still don’t. Like the staff but losing too many toss up games isn’t going to help their cause, especially if they don’t pull an upset or two.

jljones
    Participant

Sad to say but there seems to be no desire to win–coach better wake up and make the necessary changes—predictable play calling, poor line play and no defense won’t cut it.ll Is basketball all that the top guns care about??? You get what you pay for.

Rick
    Keymaster

As I said 3 years ago Dave Doofus is in over his head who looked good inheriting an undefeated team with a legit NFL starting quarterback in a terrible conference. Glad this season will bear it out and I don’t have to hear anymore how stupid I am because I didn’t play in college in the 70’s.

Well…Troll…I don’t recall anyone calling you stupid, so lets get it right.
    THAT was pretty stupid.

Calling this a ten win team is even more stupid.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

This was the breakout year…

I never understood why so many people were expecting this year to be something special. But one thing that I have learned is that it serves no purpose to argue pre-season opinions.

Rick
    Keymaster

This was the breakout year…

I never understood why so many people were expecting this year to be something special. But one thing that I have learned is that it serves no purpose to argue pre-season opinions.

We were a paper tiger. Dd has not beat a P5 team with a winning record. I think my eight win prediction is lookin too optimistic.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Eight wins? Not now. Seven, tops. Lose to Wake and all bets are off.

There’s no doubt we can still easily win the ACC. DD is a true coaching force and Brissett has NFL scouts drooling nonstop. The season is not even close to being over for one second.

PackofMac
    Participant

There is doubt that I’ll be able to find any pathetic soul to buy the remainder of my season tickets on craig’s list.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Water under the bridge, CD.

Tau837
    Participant

LOL at those who were comparing Brissett favorably to Wilson and Rivers.

TheCOWDOG

All good AT.

TheCOWDOG

Oh yeah. Doeren was none to happy(publicly) with the Zebes. More than 2 or 3 game changers that I think where called,and not called.

How come no one has brought that up? Or is that strictly reserved for basketball?

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Dykes, Morris and Doeren? We chose the wrong one I’m afraid.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Went to the game in Blacksburg.

Kudos to the VT fans, they are great.

Rotten tomatoes to the NC State team.

LOL at those who were comparing Brissett favorably to Wilson and Rivers.

He has the escapability of Wilson, the speed of Rivers and the decision making and passing skills of Marcus Stone.

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 337 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.