Game Thread – Wolfpack Football in Blacksburg

Home Forums All StateFansNation Game Thread – Wolfpack Football in Blacksburg

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 337 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Wake wins on the road with a single field goal. Incredible. Next week I predict lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth. I’ll be here to lead the charge. A 16% win rate in the sheeitty ACC. As our favorite cheater Rasheed Wallace would say, “Ball don’t lie!”

Greywolf
    Participant

Yawn…Wake me up after Christmas!

Be glad to. Think you could sleep somewhere else? You are boring the rest of us to death.

Greywolf
    Participant

Serious question. If this season turns into a death spiral, will Doeren start playing McClendon to get him reps for the future?

Do you really think throwing McClendon into a “death spiral season” is going to benefit him or the team? I don’t think Brissett’s teammates feel the same as the experts on these boards.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Serious question. If this season turns into a death spiral, will Doeren start playing McClendon to get him reps for the future?

No. Not unless Brissett is injured. Not a chance.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Also wondering why we don’t just burn the other guy’s redshirt if Gallaspy ain’t ready.

Won’t happen. Even if we lose an RB to injury. Gallaspy is more ready than Frasier. Frasier came in late, was ill for a while, then injured his ankle. He started out behind schedule and still think he’s behind and not 100% healthy. Doeren is not going to waste a year if for no other reason than for the kid’s best interest.

Tau837
    Participant

Do you really think throwing McClendon into a “death spiral season” is going to benefit him or the team? I don’t think Brissett’s teammates feel the same as the experts on these boards.

If there comes a point where the team cannot achieve its objectives for the season, and if the staff expects McClendon to be the QB next season, then it could benefit both McClendon and the program long term.

I agree, I’m sure Brissett’s teammates don’t feel as critical of him as the fans. But it is the coaching staff, not the players, who have to make such decisions. If the season is lost, then it is more reasonable to shift to the long view.

I’m not saying it should be done, I was just asking the question.

Greywolf
    Participant

If the season is lost, then it is more reasonable to shift to the long view. I’m not saying it should be done, I was just asking the question.

Nobody asks a question like that unless they know or think they know the answer.

IMO unless Doeren thinks McClendon is the better QB, he’d best not throw the towel in while the players still have a chance to win games and have a successful season for the seniors. If the HC quits on his team, he may as well start looking for an assistant’s job somewhere.

Greywolf
    Participant

I agree, I’m sure Brissett’s teammates don’t feel as critical of him as the fans. But it is the coaching staff, not the players, who have to make such decisions.

If he is making decisions based on what the fans think, God help him.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Could you imagine?

“Tweet us your plays at @PackFootball!!”

john of sparta
    Participant

Regardless, God help him, and God Bless us, everyone.

TheCOWDOG

Mr. Grey should’a run for office.

…Still don’t get why he fired my ass, so long ago.

While we’re at it. Who’s got the balls to put their money where their recent mouth is. I do…and we can play the moneyline. I have a way where all parties are good.

We can start with Wake.
    Step up. Who’s on board?

In fact…I’m willing to go State right on through and know I win money.

Come on. Every game from here on out. You take the opposition, I take the Pack. Easy money for you.

choppack1
    Participant

CD – I would have to see the line first. But, seriously – I have no desire to make money @ the expense of my pack. My hope is that during the bye we find our mojo – and finish in a way we all will be happy with. You see, this is when things get bad – when people would rather be right than see their team win – I saw it with moc and I saw it with sendek – and I ain’t one of those.

john of sparta
    Participant

NCSU v. BYE.
    pick-em line.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

moneyline is straight up, no spread. I’m on the Wake moneyline.. they’ll be favored by a couple points I imagine.

I admire your optimism, CD… and coming from you it has me thinking you’ve got more to go on than just optimism, but I just don’t see it coming together for DD & crew. Hope to hell I’m wrong again.

TheCOWDOG

Will start a thread tomorrow to cover it.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Maryland fires football coach

oh and i just saw this fun little nugget come through my news feed.. thought they’d put up a good fight against #1… although Michigan going to whip #1 down to size come Nov 28

Greywolf
    Participant

Mr. Dog,
    I was going to run for the city limits once. I’d have made it if I’d been unopposed.

I’m with you. If I need to eat crow now and later I’m willing to do it. The players probably will get tomorrow off and Doeren will take the time to have a “come to Jesus” meeting with some coordinators and coaches.

If you need any help covering all the bets that people who think we won’t win another game, let me know.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

although Michigan going to whip #1 down to size come Nov 28

They probably won’t be #1 after Michigan State gets ahold of them.

As for Michigan, they’re going great right now, but let’s not put too much into curbstomping Maryland. Maryland is a mediocre ACC team playing in the Big Ten.

ryebread
    Participant

I wouldn’t take CowDog’s bet. We’ll win 2-3 more.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Interesting turn of events at the Ex ACC “POWER” school, Maryland. FB never made it’s way back….

I suspect that if there was a a secret recording device found in the AD’s office at College Park…..within the last few weeks, the phrase, “Now what would Debbie Yow do? was uttered numerous times regarding the coaching change in the FB Program.

Tau837
    Participant

If the season is lost, then it is more reasonable to shift to the long view. I’m not saying it should be done, I was just asking the question.

Nobody asks a question like that unless they know or think they know the answer.

IMO unless Doeren thinks McClendon is the better QB, he’d best not throw the towel in while the players still have a chance to win games and have a successful season for the seniors. If the HC quits on his team, he may as well start looking for an assistant’s job somewhere.

I was asking for the collective opinion of the smart posters here. I was not advocating.

Tau837
    Participant

I agree, I’m sure Brissett’s teammates don’t feel as critical of him as the fans. But it is the coaching staff, not the players, who have to make such decisions.

I never suggested he should make any decision based on what the fans think, but feel free to make up more strawmen to rail against.

ryebread
    Participant

To answer Tau’s opinion at face value, I would play the player that gives us the best chance to win the next game. From what I have personally seen, that is JB.

Not doing that suggests that the coaches have given up on the season. If they’ve quit, why should the players not?

There’s still a lot of ball to be played.

WolfBlood86
    Participant

The season isn’t over yet. We can still go to some crappy bowl game. JB is our guy for now. If he stays the same or gets worse then it might be time to roll the dice this season and build for the future but a bowl is still in grasp. Changes need to be made but not that big of change right now.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I’m thankful our athletes, warts and all, knuckleheads and all, reflect a better character and quality than a certain segment of its fan base.

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 337 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.