ACC / Conference Tournaments Open Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball ACC / Conference Tournaments Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    compsciwolf
    Participant

The officials did add .3 seconds back to the clock after their review, although Bilas had no idea why.

compsciwolf
    Participant

On a different note, I was surprised to see Tennessee is the 4 seed in the SEC tournament. The SEC must be really weak this year, outside of Florida.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The SEC is a putrid basketball conference. That league is Kentucky and Florida, and no one else. Every now and then you get a Tennessee or a Vandy with a decent team, but for the most part that is a two team conference. The A10, for example, is on pace for 6 bids.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Roper with a 4-point play (potentially).

That’s like a 10-0 run for Clemson.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Roper is taking this game over. Wow

Texpack
    Participant

Lunardi now has us next four out. Why we aren’t ahead of Arkansas is beyond me

Wulfpack
    Participant

We’re basically in 7th position on the out list. Would a win over Duke move us up 7 spots?

Texpack
    Participant

I’m pretty sure beating Duke would punch our ticket. Our RPI would get into the 40’s if we did that.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Is it all about the RPI? It would be hard to believe though that a team that beat Pitt, Cuse and Duke down the stretch doesn’t get in. That is some serious work.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

We’re basically in 7th position on the out list. Would a win over Duke move us up 7 spots?

^Sucks to be so dependent on what happens across the country, but let’s take a look:

Minnesota lost and cannot help themselves anymore – they look to be out.

Providence can seal the deal tomorrow in the Big East final, but may need to win anyway as a win over Seton Hall helped them little.

Xavier is losing to Creighton in the 2nd half.

We’ve got a long way to go.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Is it all about the RPI? It would be hard to believe though that a team that beat Pitt, Cuse and Duke down the stretch doesn’t get in. That is some serious work.

Agree that it’s not all about rpi, more about scheduling and quality wins. We’ve got some tough losses, but good scheduling is helping our profile enough right now to help us get into the conversation.

I agree that a win over Duke would all but do it … At least it would give us a reason to be nervous on Sunday evening.

SqlWolf
    Participant

If all we care about is getting into the ncaa tourney, then all we have to do to guarantee it is to win the ACC tourney. “Just win, baby.” Then we can claim bragging rights as the rightful champs with an automatic bid to the big dance.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I’m just not sure a win over Duke moves us up 7 spots. Maybe five. Maybe six. But we will certainly be sweating Sunday evening. Love this time of year.

redcanine
    Participant

Brownell is giving the refs a good hollering. LOL. Get ’em.

Texpack
    Participant

Somewhere in Greensboro

“Jim party of two, Jim party of two.”

“Coffee sweetie?”

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I know it’s poor sportsmanship, but I gotta do it

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Clemson within 3 – wow!

Texpack
    Participant

Those last two possessions were classic. Hood falls down out of control and gets the call. Clemson gets hacked like mad no call

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Good comeback by Clemson, just a little short

Wulfpack
    Participant

Clemson gets hacked like mad no call

Replays show no contact at all on Hall. Good no call.

wufpup76
    Keymaster
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, that would totally happen to us. Except they’d switch to stock photos of Roy and K staring majestically into the distance.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, that would totally happen to us. Except they’d switch to stock photos of Roy and K staring majestically into the distance.

Texpack
    Participant

Actually what the replay showed was full contact over the entire length of Hall’s arm by the Duke player. The talking heads were so focused on the hand on ball contact that they didn’t bother to notice that the only way Hall got slowed down enough for the ball contact to even be possible was the hack across the arm. It was an obvious easy call.

Rick
    Keymaster

Clemson gets hacked like mad no call

Replays show no contact at all on Hall. Good no call.

Then you have not seen the picture. It shows a complete hack by good.

Prepare yourself for this to happen to us

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.