ACC / Conference Tournaments Open Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball ACC / Conference Tournaments Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    Fastback68
    Participant

Thanks a lot bearded hens. More bludgeon ball vs canes.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

May the derpitude be strong with the Canes tomorrow.

Gowolves
    Participant

UNC hole fired a State man to replace him. Perfect.

Buzz Peterson fired at UNCW, Eddie Biedenbach takes over temporarily.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

The derp is strong with the start of GT – BC.

Three minutes of play with no score for either team. The poor crowd in attendance gives a mock cheer when BC finally hits a free throw at the 16:51 mark loll.

BJD95
    Keymaster

10 minutes in, it be 11-8. I think we might be approaching Peak Derp.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

TheCOWDOG

Playin’ out the string. I should think Lawrence of Canada would,at the very least, begin a one man charge.

Guess there’s always hockey.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Just fyi, TWC is showing crappy SD feeds of the Big 12 and SEC tourneys tonight (channels 393 and 394), assuming you are as bored as I am.

Full court coverage returns all day tomorrow and Friday.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Texas Tech not giving the fighting Marcus Smarts much of a game this time around.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

If today doesn’t prove that Wednesday games of the tournament are completely unwatchable I don’t know what does.

Here’s an idea, instead of including everyone in the ACCT restrict it to the top 8 teams and have them play on Friday like pre-Les Robinson Invitational. This would revive the ACCT and make it more interesting in no one has an advantage in winning it all. Plus if you’re in middle you know every game is important during the regular season.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Hess called the Morning game of WF – ND. Have a confirmed siting that he is in Greensboro and WILL be here for the duration.

redcanine
    Participant

^I’m down with that.

Can’t wait ’til tomorrow night. I’m pretty anxious, honestly. Jacked…

(Hard core pain killers are the sh!t! Thanks, Dr. Whoeverthehellyouare. You can keep that nasty old tooth.)

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Here’s an idea, instead of including everyone in the ACCT restrict it to the top 8 teams and have them play on Friday like pre-Les Robinson Invitational. This would revive the ACCT and make it more interesting in no one has an advantage in winning it all. Plus if you’re in middle you know every game is important during the regular season.

^I can’t agree with you. I like having everyone there, with a shot – even if it’s a minimal shot. Inclusion is debatable though I guess. My main point of contention with the ‘Top 8’ idea is that some teams will have benefited greatly from the unbalanced scheduling, while others would have endured a much tougher road.

In addition, in most seasons most/all of the top 8 teams will be locks for the NCAA tourny or on the bubble – in other words, what really would be the point of having the tournament other than giving seeds 6, 7, & 8 a chance of playing their way into the NCAA tournament?

As for today, the games haven’t been great at all, but at least two of them have been close.

Plus, BC has some really cute cheerleaders.

Wulfpack
    Participant

That’s right, pup. And we know *ahem* some programs that usually finish very high don’t care about this thing anyways as it is all about the NCAAs. Everybody should get a shot at it, otherwise what is the point? Didn’t Cuse come out of nowhere and win four in four days a few years back? Probably not the best example but there are others.

redcanine
    Participant

Well, don’t promote Wednesday action as “ACC Tournament”. These bottom tier teams don’t look very capable, the coliseum is full of echos, and it interrupts Brady’s “The Price Is Right”. I saw 3 play-in games today. Now my eyes are bleeding.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^UConn won five in five days to win the Big East tourney a few seasons ago and went on to win the NCAA title behind Kemba Walker a few seasons ago.

IIRC, UConn entered that Big East tourney on the bubble (probably in, but a loss early would’ve been dicey).

redcanine
    Participant

^I remember. It wasn’t that long ago.

UCONN was in a different league than the ACC teams that played today. Calhoun was a GREAT coach. The Big East was STRONG that year. Crazy good.

Reducing the teams to 8 may not be the answer, I agree. But today’s action stunk. I used to look forward to watching EVERY game in this tournament. Now, not so much. Return my cheese, please.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I used to look forward to watching EVERY game in this tournament.

Right, but the same came be said for just about every other major conference tourney. This is what we have – it is not germane to the ACC.

I look at it like bowl season. I’d rather there be games to watch than not. I always have the choice not to watch.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Oliver Purnell and DePaul did beat Georgetown, so the Hoyas’ bubble has burst.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Not sure if anyone is around, but UCF and Temple are in OT on Espn2 … that’s not really worth mentioning unless either team makes a miracle run through the American championship.

What is worth mentioning are UCF’s awful uniforms. Perhaps the worst in the modern era … gold pinstrips on solid black? My eyes hurt while watching the game.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Seton Hall continues to lead Villanova ~ 10 points about 8 minutes into the 2nd half.

ACC Tournament continues to be ugly but close.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

TWERPS COUNTDOWN…

T minus 800

… and the “T” stands for…

Take your Tweeping Twerp Tails…
    and crawl you A$$es back up I-85/I-95/US301 all the F’ing way HOME>.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Haha … first buzzer beater of the day, as Seton Hall pulls the upset over Villanova with a last second jumper. Nova’s 1 seed chances just took a serious hit.

FSU-Maryland coming down to the wire as well.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Suck it, Maryland.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Nice win for FSU. Beating UVA could punch the ticket.

See ya, Terps.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.