ACC / Conference Tournaments Open Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball ACC / Conference Tournaments Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    MP
    Participant

At this point… I don’t see how UVA loses this game. But we shall see.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I hope anyone that thinks defense can’t be taught is watching this. A clinic. A rockstar in the making.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Tech on K in the championship game…

Rick
    Keymaster

I hope anyone that thinks defense can’t be taught is watching this. A clinic. A rockstar in the making.

I have never seen anyone make the claim that you cannot teach defense. Has someone?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^.. personally deliverd by Jamie Luckie….

Tch.. Tch… Tch…

At the Half:

Fouls:
    Dook – 11
    Hoos – 6

FTm-a:
    Dook – 2/2
    Hoos – 9/14

Score: Hoos 28 – Dook 25

Where the Beef ??

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Yea, it’s been said on here by some a few times.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’m still looking for the people who said we have to play perfectly or we can’t complain about a loss.

MP
    Participant

You’re right, their defense is outstanding. And also right that it has been suggested that it is hard to teach ‘kids these days’ defense.

Rick
    Keymaster

Yea, it’s been said on here by some a few times.

Then they know nothing. Who on their right mind makes that statement.

Packfanostan,
    Quit trolling

Rick
    Keymaster

it is hard to teach ‘kids these days’ defense.

That is a different statement than ‘defense can’t be taught’.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I can’t remember the specifics of the posts but it had something to do with kids coming in already set in their ways, and they really can’t be taught how to play D. And how it takes a bunch of time for them to learn. Granted, Bennett recruits the right kind of kid. But something tells me he could go into Harlem today and take a team a long way.

Rick
    Keymaster

^^.. personally deliverd by Jamie Luckie….

The announcers said someone else called it but Luckie went over to explain it to K.

MP
    Participant

^^^ true.
    But at least watching UVA reminds us that it is achievable.

Rick
    Keymaster

I can’t remember the specifics of the posts but it had something to do with kids coming in already set in their ways, and they really can’t be taught how to play D. And how it takes a bunch of time for them to learn. Granted, Bennett recruits the right kind of kid. But something tells me he could go into Harlem today and take a team a long way.

Gotcha, I thought someone was saying defense was not able to be taught.
    Agree about Bennett, he insists on good defense. I always questioned his ability to teach offense

Rick
    Keymaster

My guess is that defense comment was made trying to excuse our sorry defense. Honestly it is inexcusable.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Virginia isn’t slow, they’re just ridiculously patient.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I wonder if K will do the fainting goat thing if Virginia wins.

TheCOWDOG

I made it, and it was no excuse for the team. Just reality.

No. You can’t teach a WBS or a BSW, size and or quick feet, and make them efficient Man to Man defenders.

IMO..they did learn a pretty good zone. I don’t recall anyone saying you can’t teach defense.

Wulfpack
    Participant

My guess is that defense comment was made trying to excuse our sorry defense. Honestly it is inexcusable.

When you compare it to what you see today, we are playing in a different universe. Duke was wide open all day long. Not so today.

Rick
    Keymaster

I made it, and it was no excuse for the team. Just reality.

No. You can’t teach a WBS or a BSW, size and or quick feet, and make them efficient Man to Man defenders.

IMO..they did learn a pretty good zone. I don’t recall anyone saying you can’t teach defense.

Good technique can cover a lot of liabilities but those two certainly have ceilings. I would certainly argue they can be better than they are now.

dthompson44
    Participant

If anyone cares, Georgia St.,led by Ryan Harrow, is leading ULL in the Sunbelt final…

pakfanistan
    Participant

When you compare it to what you see today, we are playing in a different universe. Duke was wide open all day long. Not so today.

We don’t even get into a stance or slide our feet. I don’t know how man times I’ve watched our guys get their feet crossed up trying to guard the a ball handler, or a cutting player, which is usually followed by a lay up.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I think it toom Duke the first ten minutes to find an open three today. Duke.

They were open from the opening tip yesterday. And it remained so. All game long. And Gott knew it. He said at the half we would have to play better D if we were going to win.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I think it toom Duke the first ten minutes to find an open three today. Duke.

They were open from the opening tip yesterday. And it remained so. All game long. And Gott knew it. He said at the half we would have to play better D if we were going to win.

I hope he’s watching this game.

pakfanistan
    Participant

A four point lead for VA seems like 10.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.