(12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation (12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 897 total)
  • Author
    Pack85EE
    Participant

Uh, Archie is Sean’s little brother. Was their father a coach? But what tempo do they play? Not Sendek’s style please.

Pack85EE
    Participant

John Miller was a legendary Western Pennsylvania high school coach who won more than 600 games and four state titles at Beaver Falls Blackhawk High.

Answered my own question. Probably heard this before but forgot, getting old.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Hell yes their father is a coach.

John Miller was a legendary Western Pennsylvania high school coach who won more than 600 games and four state titles at Beaver Falls Blackhawk High. He produced two great players who happened to be his boys, Sean and Archie Miller. They both had stellar college careers – Sean at Pittsburgh, Archie at North Carolina State – then inevitably went into the family business.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

..Speaking of Coaches…

We’ve pretty much covered all the pre-game bases as to what tonight’s game holds…
    So let’s look at the benches…

It’s THE Tournament…

Some Coaches are Tournament Coaches…. some others not so much…

To win tonight… we GOTT to have a good sharp game called from the bench.

That’s means… quick on the bench decisions… and no craziness…
    And please, let’s not get distracted by the Zebras…

In many respects, it is a “chess game” and one bad move from either bench could absolutely mean the difference between playing on Saturday and heading over to Daytona or the golf course and working on your tan…

Our kids have worked too hard… and should expect no less.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Whiteshoes67
    Participant

When Miller opted to go to Xavier and work as an assistant with Motta, that pretty much should’ve told you all you needed to know about Sendek, if you didn’t already know it.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Gott has a tendency to ride ponies too long. Gott to be a little quicker to the bullpen if everyone’s available.

ACC looking damn good so far.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^THIS….

… better not see anybody go 1 for 5 – 8 – 13…. not even CUZ…
    and especially not Turner or ANTHONY…

I mentioned earlier… “don’t let the other team make three baskets in a row…”

With as many horses as we have…GOTT needs to think this…
    ‘Don’t let anybody make three bad plays in a row..”
    …without sitting down…

As far as I can see…

Vandy — Anya — Washington — Freeman are interchangeable parts…
    So are Dez – Turner – ANTHONY…

(Yes… I left Tyler out on purpose…)

sjjayq
    Participant

Uh oh….Harvard just got the annual 12 over 5 upset. Anyone else worried by this bad omen?

JohnGalt78
    Participant

JohnGalt78’s ROCK-SOLID-IRON-CLAD-LOCK-OF-THE-WEEK…is right here and it’s free. No number to dial…just read it:

NC State 72
    St Louis 61

(F*ck you Goodman, bitch)

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

This one is for Beej and the rest of the CatLovers… :>}

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

About page 1- you men are pathetic.

Agree with ya’ll about the ACC refs (clowns on display), Tues night was so refreshing not having to worry about the periods between the 18 to 14 minute mark and the 8 to 4 minute mark (and the last minute of the game) when you knew that the ACC refs would totally change the dynamics of the game and screw us.

I’m a little nervous about this game. Our team has been on an emotional rollercoaster the past few days which will have an effect on any team but especially a young team. Down Sat. Up Sun. Up Tues.

We played a near perfect game on Tues and young teams usually have a let down after such a game. They’ve got to be tired. I think we pull it out but barely. Hope I am wrong and that we pulverize them! (I am on the JohnGalt train.)

The amazing thing to me is this is not the same team we saw a month ago. Coach Gott, year after year, has them peaking at the right time – tournament time. He is truly fantastic. I don’t know how he does it.

Wufpacker
    Participant

About page 1- you men are pathetic.

LOL…you might need to be more specific, but until proven otherwise I’ll presume this a ‘Kristine Leahy motivated’ comment.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

..Dr. Wuf… Ha! … all I know is I ain’t posting pics of my three daughters on SFN for these young wolves…

As far as the game goes… dontworryaboutit… Pack is going to roll tonight…

Wufpacker
    Participant

Under an hour to go, and in the interest of positive mojo, a double dose of pre-game non-PC levity tonight….
    And yes BJD, I AM wearing the same clothes as Tuesday (but I did wash them first).

BJD95
    Keymaster

Good work, Wuf! I also did laundry. Like all intelligent people, I believe in the magic Karma of team clothing selection, but worrying about losing the good juju in the washtub is just cray-cray.

Back to the early 80s for musical juju:

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Wufpacker shoots and scores!!!

Bill, you’re a wise man- hope you’re right about tonight.

tractor57
    Participant

Didn’t do laundry so I can wear the same clothes as they were at the end of the last game. One thing I will not do is repeat the colon cleanse as that procedure is over for another 5 years. This time I might get to enjoy a celebratory adult beverage.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

If it doesn’t look good for us at the end of the first half, you know what you have to do Tractor.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, I cannot deny my nature when it comes to Kristine <3

Plus she’s on the good karma train to help carry us to the Sweet 16!

Team Kristine rhymes with Sweet 16 – it’s science!!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

There is a whistle every 30 secs in this Delaware – Mich St. game

BJD95
    Keymaster

Who knows, she could be Kristine Gottfried by the time we make our Final Four run next season LMAO. 😀

wufpup76
    Keymaster

We’re going to miss the start of our game … this is brutal to sit through.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Didn’t do laundry so I can wear the same clothes as they were at the end of the last game. One thing I will not do is repeat the colon cleanse as that procedure is over for another 5 years. This time I might get to enjoy a celebratory adult beverage.

No judgement here, but the day of a colon cleanse MIGHT be the day to be sure and wash the good mojo clothes before re-wearing them.
    Just sayin’.
    😀

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Pup, it’s ok. I understand. For the record, the picture above looks like she has to use the ladies room. (see how I just ruined it for you! :))

I think you and CJ have something in common with your poetry. She was good luck for us on Tuesday – dang it.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

BJD, that was just mean. Gott belongs to me.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.