(12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation (12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 897 total)
  • Author
    packalum44
    Participant

Maybe Gavin Grant infiltrated their team and banged their star players girlfriend. That usually is a volatile chemistry experiment right there.

JeremyH
    Participant

whatever the plan is, its to frustrate him and/or get him off the floor. I imagine they will do some two man zone or try multiple people on him, etc., anything to knock him off balance. little do they know she shoots on one foot quite often.. : )

JeremyH
    Participant

Pitt is killing Colorado right now

JeremyH
    Participant

not that it matters anymore, but the Pitt and Syracuse games should boost our RPI : D

redcanine
    Participant

Those Oregon cheerleaders always make my pants feel tighter.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Colorado looks like a CBI team

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

“When we hongry, we eat.”

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Since Big V has gone to the fauxhawk, he plays a little meaner. I’ve loved seeing a little toughness from the bigs recently. Thought Dez brought that attitude early in the season, but it helps to have some guys out there who play with some tude’

JeremyH
    Participant

hair change usually part of an attitude change, just sayin’

JeremyH
    Participant

redcanine, and the Byu cheerleaders as well?

JeremyH
    Participant

i read an article that said about Indiana not making the NIT about being invited to the CBI “We’re Indiana, we don’t play in the CBI”.

JeremyH
    Participant

redcanine, I saw what you were referring to, and I have to say “meh”. Ms. Wolf is better.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Warren doesn’t typically force shots, and he cleans up on the offensive glass … I’m interested to see what this ‘plan’ is. ‘Stop’ and ‘Warren’ don’t really go together.

Big guys are going to be huge tonight. Hoping for a lot from our quadruplet (Vberg, Anya, Freeman, Washington) … Think we’re gonna need some Washington + Freeman buckets.

redcanine
    Participant

Too much fur under the tail for my liking.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^Yep… It’s damn hard to lose when your BIGS play well… I don’t care who else is on the floor…

And from what’s been discussed … it seems clear that the big difference in SLU first 25 games and the last five is their center’s Loe’s disappearance from under the basket and from the stat sheet…

If there’s one guy on their Team who really wants a good game tonight… he’s that guy…
    Now the SLU Coach knows this better than we do… and he’s gonna give his Big Guy (who’s a Senior) every opportunity to do just that…

That’s why we need to go right at Loe early and often and make sure he gets the message… “Tonight ain’t going to be your night”…

After that …. then take care of the rest of the SLU bunch.

————

The “Stop CUZ” game plan is so (pick any ‘negative’ word you like )… because it takes so much to do it… To stop the PACK… just let CUZ get his twenty and stop everybody else. The problem is that it could be any of six or seven guys… and by the time the other Coach/Team figures out who to stop and gets them stopped…. there’s only eight minutes left in the game…

At that point… it’s anybody’s ballgame… unless they got a nice run somewhere or we went four minutes without a basket or the Zebras have blown forty whistles…

So watch for this… Coaches will be quick on the Timeouts from the bench… Cardinal Tournament Rule #1… do not let the other team score three baskets in a row…

… and “Nine” is the magic number… with a nine point lead… now you can do some things you couldn’t do in a real close game like press, go Zone for a couple of possessions, or throw the Alley Opp pass for the dunk, and make your opponent think and put them further back on their heels…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’d love to see some zone press tonight, especially if we start experiencing any trouble.

Pack85EE
    Participant

“The “Stop CUZ” game plan is so (pick any word you like )… because it takes so much to do it… To stop the PACK… just let CUZ get his twenty and stop everybody else.”

I thought the “Stop CUZ” game was 20. Focus on everybody else and defend CUZ 1 on 1, he’ll get 40.

packalum44
    Participant

Anyone else scared Archie makes a deep run and gets hired away to a big program and we watch yet another fish get away while we salivate over our rich mans Sendek because he made the dance with a team that shoulda been a walk-in.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^EE… that exactly the “problem” from a mathematical standpoint…

Let’s say… WE have to get 65 and hold the other team to less than 65 to win….

65 – CUZ = everybody else
    everybody else = any 2 guys with 10 -12 – 14 and any other four guys with 4 – 6 – 8

It’s one of those ‘damned if you do and damned if you don’t’ kind of things…

And only the top ten teams… got the horses to try to do this… the way the rest of our kids have played for the last month…

Just ask the Basketsaurus Norte — Boeheim… he knows and he didn’t flunk math…

The Team that has beat NCSTATE more than any other team this season has been NCSTATE…

Rick
    Keymaster

Warren doesn’t typically force shots, and he cleans up on the offensive glass … I’m interested to see what this ‘plan’ is. ‘Stop’ and ‘Warren’ don’t really go together.

Big guys are going to be huge tonight. Hoping for a lot from our quadruplet (Vberg, Anya, Freeman, Washington) … Think we’re gonna need some Washington + Freeman buckets.

Better teams than SLU have tried to stop him and not suceeded. Let them worry about him and the rest of the team will bum rush them.

Pack85EE
    Participant

Packalum44, if you are calling Gott a rich man’s Sendek and wanting Archie Miller I think you are nuts. I want nothing to do with anything Sendek and that includes Archie Miller. I loved the kid when he played but if his game is anything like Sendeks (maybe it’s not and I’m full of it) I don’t want it. 10 years of watching paint dry was enough. Give me Gott’s up tempo. And I love his recruits. And if you don’t think he did a great job with this year’s team, I guess we just don’t see the court the same.

Rick
    Keymaster

Anyone else scared Archie makes a deep run and gets hired away to a big program and we watch yet another fish get away while we salivate over our rich mans Sendek because he made the dance with a team that shoulda been a walk-in.

I have a feeling h is the next big coach and we are going to miss him.
    Sigh

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I like Archie… everybody in Red & White does…
    But… we GOTT to dance with the ONE who brung us…

We’ll get Archie when the time is right for both parties…

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Harvard sends Cincy packing 61-57!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Archie, like Sean, like pops, will be an excellent coach. I give him at most 2 more years at Dayton before that big gig. Timing probably isn’t right for us.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.