(12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation (12) NC STATE vs (5) SAINT LOUIS Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 897 total)
  • Author
    MBS
    Participant

I don’t put this on the staff. Worst free throw shooting display I’ve ever seen. Warren left so many on the table.Just one would have been enough.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Put this one on the Coach…
    that’s all I going to say about that until…
    much, much later…

Proud of our kids…
    It was a good season.

POP!
    POP!
    POP!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    packfanatic100
    Participant

NC State sh*ts the bed in the end. We all should have seen this coming.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I’m sorry but there is no excuse for this.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Justice. We deserved to lose. Shameful display.

tjfoose1
    Participant

What’s the name of the offense when one guy dribbles around and the other 4 just stand still?

YogiNC
    Participant

DAMN doesn’t even come close. Not even in the same zip code.

Smarter than the average bear

96Fan
    Participant

Wow. I am so disappointed in this team. Very embarrassing.

redcanine
    Participant

Season Over.

Just like that.

Stupid.

graywolf
    Participant

Valvano curse lives on………

ILPackfan
    Participant

Absolutely frustrating. Would rather have seen us blown out. And I don’t know that I put this on the coaching staff–they weren’t the ones at the line bricking free throw after free throw. I’m glad the effort was there until the very end, but that’s about the only positive I’m taking out of it.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Dan Bonner: “I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anything like this.”

Only Nc State

We were 10x better than that team and couldn’t handle the ball or hit ft’s.

Unbelievably disappointing. So much anger, but they’re just kids … hope they put it behind them.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Absolutely horrid late game execution. This has killed us in the big losses. Just another one.

I hope they practice free throws and defense all summer.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Where the hell was Tyler…..our freaking point guard. Cat and he should NOT have been on the floor together. ARRRRRGH.

BJD95
    Keymaster

It wasn’t JUST the bricked FTs. We also managed to simultaneously give them wide open layups or wide open 3s EVERY possession. We didn’t even force them into one or the other. They just chose. Layup or wide open 3.

ldr of the pk 75
    Participant

TJ jersey in the rafters? Are you kidding me? I’d think you’d actually have to have led your team to some sort of glory to hang in the rafters with those there. One MVP season on a 5th 6th place team doesn’t rate to me. Actually, I think one should play a career, all years, to be considered for jersey retirement. Just an opinion.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I don’t see how I can even give a rats ass about basketball anymore this year. There is losing and then there’s this.

YogiNC
    Participant

It is on the staff, they were horrendous in breaking the press. It was like they had never even practiced it. And that very thing is what lost the UNX game. Plain and simple the staff blew it.

Smarter than the average bear

Wulfpack
    Participant

There is no reason for Warren to foul late there. Coaching, folks. Four other guys on the floor. We needed his offense. Terrible last possession.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

1 free throw in regulation would have won the game.

SaccoV
    Participant

Agreed about not putting this one on the coaching staff. We played as stupid as we possibly could to give up such a lead. And the FT shooting wasn’t even the worst of it. Tyler turned the ball over 7 times. Simply put, we were nowhere near strong enough mentally to put this game away. Hopefully this will be a huge building block for next year; right now, it’s enough to make this fat man want to shoot someone.

vtpackfan
    Participant

Ok. New low in NC State lore. Should have been in the NIT. NCAA teams are not big pussies like our guys are.

redcanine
    Participant

Blown Hard.

TMD11
    Participant

Embarrassing…embarrassing…embarrassing.
    Most basic shot in basketball.
    We should have won by 10.

TJ Warren perhaps the most embarrassing.
    Massive Choke, on the biggest stage.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

In the end, we were who we thought we were

Poor defensive rebounding
    Poor defense, really
    Poor free throw shooting
    Careless with the ball
    One-man band

Warren needs to come back. He’s not ready. He isn’t going to get inside on a Serge Ibaka and his three ball is not there. And you don’t set a bunch of records and then lose your last game like this. If he has any pride he’ll be back.

I put this on both the staff and the players. We need to coach that defense wins games. And the players definitely need to work on their IQs and there free throws (obvi). Leonard Freeman should have had that last rebound and gone back up. Warren left a bunch of points on the table. I’m sick. Time to drown this bottle of ten year Henry McKenna. FML.

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.