The last 24 hours haven’t been stellar for Mark Gottfried

Home Forums All StateFansNation The last 24 hours haven’t been stellar for Mark Gottfried

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Yes Ed. I actually wrote something a little harsher in regards to the headline.

I did not hit submit in hope that it means the “24 hrs. have not been stellar TO Gottfried.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Is the sky falling … again?

Ed89
    Participant

Agreed, CD. When I read the headline, I was expecting something “worse” than getting a commitment from a guy Kentucky wants…

MrPlywood
    Participant

Who came up with this post title? And how is it even remotely accurate?

+2

Gowolves
    Participant

ED89, CD, I was about to post the same thing two hours ago but got sidetracked. Insert Wolfpack instead of MG. The headline pisses me off. Just so sick and tired of some of the fans on here. They know who they are and just miserable people in general. Gott is doing all he can to find the right kids for the program. Dang right I want a championship team and I dare anyone to tell they want it more than I do! This negative attitude is for the fing birds. I hope we can sign this kid and it may parlay into the 2016 class but it will not be the end of the world if we don’t.

StateRed44
    Participant

Kids coach sounds like a sumbeach. Whatever. We really need scoring and a PG.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Sheesh, Ed. You can’t find something better to talk about than a relatively benign headline?

So, since the headline isn’t correct, I can only assume that your position is that losing Ingram and now dealing with this situation with Kirk IS STELLAR?

If not, then all you are looking to do is nitpick and argue about nothing.

ancsu87
    Participant

I consider myself a glass is “half empty” guy except when reading posts about NC State BB and Gott here at SFN. I think the point was the world is not falling as the headline would imply. He offered a 3-star kid on the rise that just so happened to get an offer from UK after he made a verbal committ. All you have heard from is his coach which may or may not have any influence on his decision. Plus the fact this kid is exactly the kind of player we have had success with over the years whereas our 5 star success (not so much). That spans several coaches with varying degree of overall success.

Regarding Ingram, by your own admission you did not think we would get him so how does this became a negative. Got was not holding back recruiting others just for him but rather if he got him great but if not he has his core and is looking for right fit into that core.

The only negative I can see is that the coaching staff for whatever reason did not think upon Lacey age and that he might dash after 1 year. Then again I am not sure anybody even Lacey himself expected to have the season he did.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

The day/s that Kintucky had 7 and Duke had 3 declare for the draft, not even a small part of Ingram was ours. Can’t say I see where him choosing Duke in the last 24 hours is all that big a deal for the Pack. So do kind of understand the headline as an irritant.

And, good on Ingram for choosing K instead of that pandering jackal in an expensive suit. I didn’t like Calamari well prior to his cozying-up to and fueling big-blue nation’s bloated sense of whatever.

In a perfect world Mark Cuban would hire Cal to goto Dallas (they deserve one another) and the honorable Herb would make his long time homecoming to UK.

Gowolves
    Participant

Statefans, why don’t look and see that most people are not happy with your headline. Don’t cherry pick. Explain to me why this is only a Gott problem? This has happened to all our coaches. All you do is inflame the Gott haters. Maybe that was your intention?

MickQ
    Participant

First and foremost, let the kid decide. Gott did a wonderful job of recruiting Mr. Kirk. Shaun is a young man with aspirations and deserves to make his own decision that will benefit he and his family, and to make the folks from his hometown proud. It would be really, really great if he chose the Pack. But KY is a school with a storied,and then some, basketball history that every young star dreams of.

As for the title of this post, Gott actually did a STELLAR job in recruiting this young man. Getting a verbal from such a fine player is enormous. But let Shaun and his family make up their own minds. I hope he chooses State. I attended there. It is a great school and has a fine basketball tradition. But Shaun is building his own tradition. Give him space.

Go Pack! Go Shaun! We would love to have you, but this is your decision, not the decision of posters on this site.

And for Gott, give the guy a break. Put yourselves in his place. Pressure, pressure, pressure. And to come out of the Pack with a guy like Shaun shows he can endure the pressure and make a statement.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

How can a poor man stand such times and live?

freshmanin83
    Participant

Are the only choices between, the last 24 hours were stellar or were not stellar for Coach Gottfried? I think there may be other choices without being nit picking. Are nit’s even in season, I will defer to CD on that one.

Is it possible StateFans you got your hopes up for Ingram (you state Ingram was lost, when was he had?) and were then disappointed and then maybe you had your hopes uplifted by the Kirk report but you now are thinking he is lost too? Coach gets credit and blame, maybe even for dashed hopes.

MickQ
    Participant

^

I agree. When was Ingram had? After a National Championship, the Dookies look like a holiday.

As for Gott, he should get credit!

mak4dpak
    Participant

WE are NC State, they are Kentucky. So why wouldn’t he listen, but that doesn’t mean he will recommit to UK. Let’s just wait and see. Gott knows what he is doing, and has proven it every year. Even when we were picked to have a lesser finish. I am not looking for a new coach. Gott is fine, and the team will be fine. It has been every year so far. Why should this one be any different. Not many teams put a defeat on our reigning champs from Durham.

choppack1
    Participant

Depending on what UK can sign – I can actually see us being better than them next year.

But with Kentucky – there is a greater likelihood that if you stay for 2 or 3 years, you’ll play in the final 4.

As I have stated, I think gott has done a solid job recruiting. We are just missing depth for next year.

WTNY
    Participant

There were plenty of people happy with Kirk’s commitment.

TheCOWDOG

83 asks if nits are in season.

Yes, they are annuals.

Nitwits are, on the otherhand, perennials.

Rick
    Keymaster

They say women who hang out together have their cycles sync up. That is the only explanation I can come up with for the whining about an innocuous title.

MP
    Participant

When I read the title I thought we were going to see photos of Gott taking a nap in an airport.

Or hear that Jamie Dixon was tweeting him advice on NCAAT success.

Fastback68
    Participant

Looks like we have time for some more pissing contests before Kirk makes a decision. Archie Miller interview or a cupcake thread should suffice.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Nitwits are, on the otherhand, perennials.

That means, for the horticulturally challenged, they may go dormant, but they always come back.

rthomas44
    Participant

Gott is and will be the coach at NCSU as long as he wants the job and Yow is happy. Archie just got a new job and that is that.

ancsu87
    Participant

I recall Rick you were the one who told others that if they don’t like your posts to just ignore them. How about you do the same instead of being the queen whiny bitch? Better yet why don’t you answer a direct question put to you twice. Or are you waiting for Jigawatt stat review to prove with “facts” how shirty a coach that is 4 for 4 in NCAAT bid and two Sweet 16 visits really is?

TheCOWDOG

Well…Gowolves…my last didn’t clear the filters.

The headlines are as innocuous as a mosquito…

Written by the lone, surviving copyboy from your local rag…Or, that “.. Wait til you see what happens next,” chick.

Bad form

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 152 total)
  • The topic ‘The last 24 hours haven’t been stellar for Mark Gottfried’ is closed to new replies.