NC STATE vs MIAMI Preview (Part Deux)

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE vs MIAMI Preview (Part Deux)

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    SaccoV
    Participant

Agreed, BJD. He brought them here, and he’ll be held accountable more next year for their development. But I fully believe that next year is an NCAA bid or bust. He had two years of a stellar lineup which lead to two bids. This time, it’s on him, and if next year is a repeat of this year, he needs to find new employment. As of right now, Mark Gottfried holds the NC State record for almosts (Kansas, UN* X2, Duke in Cameron, Syracuse, etc) in only three years of coaching.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Troll, you seem to be on a TLC binge today.

pakfanistan
    Participant

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Now we want for defense? I know most on this board prefer Gott over Tony Bennett though. At least that was the case last year when I was curious why CJ Leslie was the centerpiece of the team turning the ball over every time down the court trying to run point.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I predicted 71-64 State, and we had them right where we wanted them at 65-64. Next thing I know State is down 12. FML.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Wuf, you know how it is sometimes you gotta get your TLCs out there for the world to see

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… here’s the real deal ….direct from the South Smoking Porch…

11:58 57-49 Official TV Timeout

Out of that timeout, we go on our best run of the day…
    lead by CUZ with 7 pts, 2 steals, 1 rebound
    Then…

8:44 62-60 T.J. Warren Turnover.
    7:56 64-60 T.J. Warren Turnover.
    7:56 64-60 Foul on T.J. Warren.

7:54 64-60 Official TV Timeout

Out of that timeout… We play back and forth / even for 3 minutes until…

4:54 68-65 T.J. Warren Offensive Rebound.
    4:52 68-65 T.J. Warren Turnover.
    4:52 68-65 Foul on T.J. Warren.

Miami then scores five straight on three possesions in 51 seconds….

4:01 73-65 NC State Timeout

Miami then outscores us 12 – 5 over the next four minutes…

0:00 85-70 Final Score

—————

Now hear this….I damn sure ain’t laying this at CUZ’s feet… No F’ing way….
    Those two highlighted times are momentum breakers than would have had the same effect
    regardless of who’s involved.

This ain’t about being a young team…
    This ain’t about bringing the energy and enthusiasm…
    This ain’t about playing poor defense…

This is all about what happened NEXT from the bench…
    This is 110% about Coaching…and making the right moves at the right time…

Whatever was “said in the huddle on our bench” during those two TOs (at 7:54 TO and 4:01 )…
    well… I gonna let you form your own opinion and choose your own adjectives and adverbs…

You should know mine by now.

In a word… try… “Disappointing…”
    —————

And if case you’re wondering… Nope… didn’t happen….
    Coach DID NOT say in the radio postgame…

“We had a really tough game three nights ago… and I was totally flat today and that hurt our chances to win this game.

We GOTT to do better than this.”

POP!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Meanwhile…. On the other end of court…

During the 7:54 TO…

Coach Larranga moved Manu Lecomte to the middle of our Defense and changed ballhanders.. and hid Jekiri… thereby keeping his most valuable player in the game at full effectiveness…

During the 4:01 TO…

Coach Larranga went to the 3-2 zone defense….
    … which totally stagnated our offense…

We failed to recognize and respond to either move..

Basketball, in close games, especially going down the stretch is a “Chess Game betwix the Coaches”…

“We GOTT to do better than this.”

POP! POP!!

pakfanistan
    Participant

POP! POP!!

Have you been watching a lot of Community perchance?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Paky… et al….

Grab a cold one…

pakfanistan
    Participant

Let’s take it up a notch.

Something a little harder.

PapaWolf
    Participant

Really???? Gott on the hot seat???
    This should be really humiliating.
    Last time our noble institution had some players to offer and got no takers from real basketball coaches, so had to turn to a TV guy/former coach looking to give it another try.
    This time we’ll have less on the bench to offer, and the failure of our TV guy, so now we try a radio guy? Maybe we can get Glenn, Ovies, or Gold. Or maybe a newspaper guy, like Tutor or Giglio? High school anyone? Or maybe one of the assistants, like Lutz? No doubt he’s an unrecognized genius that only we can see his real potential????

Face it. Like him or hate him, we’re stuck with Gott for a while. Our best shot may be upgrading the rest of the staff.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Really???? Gott on the hot seat???<br>
    This should be really humiliating.<br>
    Last time our noble institution had some players to offer and got no takers from real basketball coaches, so had to turn to a TV guy/former coach looking to give it another try.<br>
    This time we’ll have less on the bench to offer, and the failure of our TV guy, so now we try a radio guy? Maybe we can get Glenn, Ovies, or Gold. Or maybe a newspaper guy, like Tutor or Giglio? High school anyone? Or maybe one of the assistants, like Lutz? No doubt he’s an unrecognized genius that only we can see his real potential????

Face it. Like him or hate him, we’re stuck with Gott for a while. Our best shot may be upgrading the rest of the staff.

Dude, no way. It should be painfully obvious to anyone that State is primed for success.

I don’t think there’s any way our next coaching search goes as poorly as our previous two.

Wufpacker
    Participant

pakfanistan
    Participant
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Good calls on both Community and new Arctic Monkeys. Huzzah for both.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Paky… Thanks ….
    but… I gave the good (hard) stuff up (single malt) years ago…
    After being visited by “ghosts” late one night.

I figured out … it liked me a whole lot more than I liked it, and that was saying something.

Stuck with the Cold Beer thereafter… with no ill-effects.

RE: Hot Seat ???
    The Damn Seat was HOT before GOTT got here…. and it should never ‘cool off’.

The facts are…
    Coaches win games and Coaches lose games, too…
    and if you’ve ever coached any team in any sport at any level… you know this to be true.

We are NCState….

Case, Sloan, Valvano….
    all won 20-30% of their games by out-coaching the other SOBs…
    before, during and after the game.

Even in the case of HWNSNBM… he won 40-50% of his games the same way.
    But no F’ing way am I inferring those years were “better days”.

It may also be the case, that the percentages here for the Big Three were even higher in big games, in rivalry games and in important games.

Today’s game was an “Important” game for us.

Now…
    “We GOTT to do better than this.”

This ain’t the SEC and all of us that grew up on Tobacco Road know “Teflon” when we see it and hear it.

Now you guys wanta watch a ‘good basketball game’??
    …. tune in to Orange on Orange at Four EST…

Let’s see if the young man at Mr. Jefferson’s University can bag him an old Basketsaurus Norte.

POP! POP!! POP!!!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Whoa…that’s a BIG grumpy cat pic. LOL.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I did just pick up Nic Pizzolatto’s “Galveston” from the library. Something to pass the time until the next True Detective.

redcanine
    Participant

I was feeling pretty good while the band played ’25 or 6 to 4″. I like that tune. At least I got to hear it.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I had thought I might watch UVa/’Cuse.
    Now I’m thinking an early return to SoA marathon might be in the cards.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Unfortunately…we were the Kent State protestors today. As with them…some home court advantage, huh?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

…. and I HATE CATS…
    they are ALL F’ing grumpy.

I like good Bird Dogs.

POP! POP!! POP!!! POP!!!!

eas
    Participant

Gott’s seat isn’t hot right now but will be rather warm at the start of next season. It doesn’t matter if he is the best we’ve had since V (which he is) or whatever you want to call it. It doesn’t matter if we are all insane or lunatic fringe etc. “If” we have another season like this or worse than you can bet his seat will be burning hot. You don’t have to agree or like/dislike the guy. Personally I think he has done a great job recruiting with what we have but I think the jury is officially hung on whether he can coach at the level we want.

I am not ready to go through another coaching circus so I HOPE we can improve from here on out and have a solid performance next year. I think the frustrations from football to basketball will play a key role NEXT year to whether he is truly on the hot seat. One thing is for sure both our FB and BB programs are below expectations. I like DD and MG so I hope the monkey jumps off their back soon so we can move forward. If that monkey hangs on too long…..well we know the drill.

Rick
    Keymaster

I guess I did not miss much.
    At this point I think our best bet is to take a flier on Archie and hope he can be as good as his brother. We got nothing else left. We are not going to get a top name and an up and comer will leave us with success.

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 356 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.