NC STATE vs MIAMI Preview (Part Deux)

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE vs MIAMI Preview (Part Deux)

Viewing 6 posts - 351 through 356 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Sometimes, you just have to ask yourself the question. Did it benefit society?

I’ve yet to find the message board that is a net positive to society.

Maybe there’s a cancer research board somewhere that isn’t busy calling fellow posters, “literally worse than Hitler”, for accidentally leaving out part of the Krebs cycle. I doubt it though.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

I find it’s the name-calling, redundancy and baiting which usually doesn’t meet the moderator mark of quality. Usually deserved. The warning of deletion is not baiting but I get that it may seem unfair at the time if that is who you are debating.

This has happened to me before. I find walking away and then coming back presents fresh eyes to the situation. Yes, I was wrong on that occasion. Posters have a responsibility to logically state your case not just lob crap.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Paki- SFN has benefited society…they gained a lot of credibility during the Lowe and Fowler years. Quoted by other media sources and they did experience a lot of outreach. This is the only non-sanctioned, demonstrably responsible NCSU alumni site that I know. They care. I believe it was originally an offshoot of PackPride which was absolutely and horribly delusional at one point.

I’ve been reading the works of BJD, Rick, and others for years. Wufpacker, VA Wolf, Statefans, and Jiga has been absolutely amazing too. I have was a lurker reading Highstick, Cowdog, Alpha Wolf and many others (sorry for the lack of mention by name but you know who you are and thank you)who do seem to have genuine (message board) friendships. There’s a respect.

Tradition is valued and observed…BJD doesn’t post bball threads because he’s extremely bad luck for us. Rick and Jiga stepped up to the plate when we noticed a trend. Sadly, I come here when we get bad weather too because that one gandolfy fellow (can’t remember his name but know who he is) is the bomb.

You’ve got professionals from diverse career fields who have both mad writing and analytical skills as well as a altruistic desire to help their university. I would LOVE to see some of these guys springboard to other media jobs. Doubt they would give up their more profitable day job though. Although having a SFN guy in the media mainstream would be great, we need them here.

I don’t think these guys are paid for their work here. Support them instead of giving them a hard time. State your case and if you truly believe it (yes that was a passive aggressive sway), build your case without the arrows.

(BTW, the reason I don’t post as much….way too many words…can’t stop)

Wufpacker
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words Wuffette.

pak, I assure you my jets are cool and will remain so. Nor have I intentionally singled you or anyone else out. I made a request to bill to please stop referencing Rick, with which he cheerfully complied.

Ref bashing is gonna happen and is not necessarily off limits, nor did anyone ever say it was.

Now, I don’t know about your post you say was deleted, nor do I much care. What I do care about is the fact that you made what was largely a non-issue into an issue several pages (and several hours) later with what you apparently thought was witty sarcasm, then wouldn’t drop it.

I’m one of the nicest assholes you’d ever want to meet, but neither you nor anyone else is gonna be allowed to try to make me look like your punk bitch, so stop trying.

Neither I nor anyone else is inclined to start posting a bunch of rules. Nor should we have to post rules for a bunch of people who are allegedly college educated adults. Consider this the end of it.

Rick
    Keymaster

I get that you guys don’t necessarily know what each other are doing, but to the average plebe like me, (and excepting Rick, who despite his claims to the contrary has made it a point to bait me and then delete my posts in the past), it doesn’t matter who did it, only that it happened.

Given your history I have no doubt any post deleted was done so appropriately. And since you have deemed it necessary to call me a liar, from now on I will delete any of your posts that reference me. I am tired of your antics and I am not the only mod who feels that way. I gave you the last word in another thread and you just will not drop it so I am dropping it for you.

Last warning.

MattN
    Participant

You say “NIT season” like it’s a sure thing. We still have work to do to even get into that pathetic tournament. We HAVE to win at least 1 if not 2 more to feel good about an invite from the Not In Tournament. Can we win 1-2 more? When was the last time a team with THREE burger boys didn’t even make the NIT?

Viewing 6 posts - 351 through 356 (of 356 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.