NC STATE vs MIAMI Preview (Part Deux)

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE vs MIAMI Preview (Part Deux)

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Yassir… Bossman…

POP!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    SaccoV
    Participant

I think the officials in this game sucked. And they blew. Does that mean that we can charge Swoff with running a prostitution ring?

Wufpacker
    Participant

pak, since I’m not the only mod here I’m not gonna debate what is or isn’t on page 9.

But…and this is a big but…do you really want to continue this just for argument’s sake? You’re looking like a huge dickhole at the moment. And that’s coming from someone who has been on your side for most of these differences of opinion lately.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Sorry for pointing out that similar comments had been deleted.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

You’re looking like a huge dickhole at the moment.

If I was a Moderator, I’d delete this…

FWIW… If threads needed to be deleted … that was two days ago… when nothing happened… not so much today.

And it might be a good idea to sticky post the new rules so ‘everybody’ knows what they are and hopefully follows so this inane naming calling and such can finally cease.

In the meantime…. perhaps we should all follow the proper examples of the wise and esteemed, wigged members whose privileges rise far above WP10, who unbeknownst to each other, appeared to have fallen short of consistently fulfilling their duties and responsibilities to the masses on Thursday last …. and at least elevate the level of our insults to the polite “British” level…

selah

POP!

Wufpacker
    Participant

You go bill.

POP!!!

TheCOWDOG

POP..,

Most refreshing, too.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Let’s predict some stuff, just for fun.

NC State shoots 70% from the line, Miami’s FTR will be 1.5x NC States.

Somebody on Miami with have 4+ 3s, somebody for Miami will either have 10+ rebounds OR we will be out rebounded by at least 5 rebounds.

How’d I do…..

NC State shot 67% FT. They were just over 70% but boned me right at the end by missing a couple.
    Miami’s FTR was 67% vs 42% for State -> 1.5x
    Lecomte only hit 3 3s. But he was 3-3. I can only assume he didn’t hit at least one more to make me wrong.
    Jekiri had 13 rebounds, AND Miami out rebounded us by 8. I should have called that one.

Over all….not bad.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

…post deleted by ???

Wufpacker.. did you delete my last post ??

TheCOWDOG

Paki…not bad.
    Where’s your POP!!?

Or that Woodford Reserve?

Bottoms up.

pakfanistan
    Participant

POP!!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… paky…

You do understand that the number of explanation marks should reflect the number of times the POP has occurred in each session don’t you?

Excessive POPPING off will be deleted by the mods…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… paky…

You do understand that the number of explanation marks should reflect the number of times the POP has occurred in each session don’t you?

Excessive POPPING off will be deleted by the mods…

MR. Dog… since you were serving the greater good and unable to watch the game today… I left something in the post game just for you back on page nine…

pakfanistan
    Participant

I did not know that! But I’m pretty safe on that front.

The damage.

vtpackfan
    Participant

Last dip in Greensboro ACC style just now. Pack men finish the championship swimming like they started by dominating the relays.

We end up finishing second to Virginia Tech because of Diving-we only had one diver and he did not score well. Oh well, tons of fun and State set tons of school records and ACC ones too.

Great job by second year coach and alum Brandon Halloway and his team.

MrPlywood
    Participant

^^That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen on here in a while.

Wufpacker
    Participant

…post deleted by ???

Wufpacker.. did you delete my last post ??

No bill. Contrary to popular belief I haven’t deleted yours or anyone else’s posts.

I simply asked (nicely) that we stop targeting specific posters with repeated kindergarten level antics. A simple enough request one would think, but not with this crew apparently.

Even that had to turn into a passive/aggressive pissing contest for some.

Rick
    Keymaster

I simply asked (nicely) that we stop targeting specific posters with repeated kindergarten level antics. A simple enough request one would think, but not with this crew apparently.

Even that had to turn into a passive/aggressive pissing contest for some.

I have not deleted any posts either but if I am going to be accused of it I might as well get teh enjoyment out of it. So I am going to start blitzkrieging one particular poster.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

come on wuf…
    I was just making a joke…

everybody here needs to lighten up….
    and quit making and taking everything so personal…

we are all on the same team.

redcanine
    Participant

Good Morning.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

For the record and to fuel the fire, I thought the refs did their Swoffy’s best job today. During our last run about @ the 7:00-5:30 mark, they called a series of questionable calls including 2 charges against our best player. They also called a series of moving violations which completely changed the pace of the game and killed our momentum.

I knew we were completely doomed right then. Took the crowd out of it too. Nobody knew what the heck was happening but the refs gave our coach a “nice” warning.

When a team has been kicked as much as we have by the refs and its a young team on top of that…….they get discouraged. That sucking sound was from our team having the wind knocked out of them. Gott did good to not get beat by 30 (did you see him grab Warren- it didn’t help) but he should have caused a big enough scene to get tossed from the game.

Refs totally changed the dynamics of that game too. This was the point trying to make on the other thread. Momentum and runs are everything especially when a team fights back.

THIS is the difference between basketball and football. And…there’s a pattern here.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

It was this way with Lowe- the disagreements. People hate losing especially when we feel like we played well enough to win. No team is going to hit 100% and have 0 turnovers if they are playing super hard and taking chances.

Some think that we should sit on our hands and accept our fate and one day the good lord will smile down on us and make it all better (or that the government will one day take care of all our problems – yes that was completely passive aggressive but I’m a woman so I’m allowed.)

There are others who are a bit more aggressive and would like to affect/control what they can with regards to fate.

Trust in Yow but this ref situation makes me like the sport (that I used to love)less.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

I probably deserve to have parts of my post deleted but thanks just the same!

I spent probably 30 mins putting the referee argument into a business model to illustrate league design. Clicked on the submit button which cycled through and then the darn thing never showed up. Yes, I didn’t spend time writing it again because it was just too much time. In short, a message may have never been officially posted for what ever reason. Technology is not perfect for the impatient and for the slow thinkers.

That being said….I love this website design and the moderators have been outstanding (and beyond patient). It’s working well. Issues have been hot.

pakfanistan
    Participant

come on wuf…<br>
    I was just making a joke…

everybody here needs to lighten up….<br>
    and quit making and taking everything so personal…

we are all on the same team.

Hear hear! Can’t we all be rational and non-inflammatory in the nature of brother bill here and treat our fellow posters with dignity and respect?

Contrary to popular belief I haven’t deleted yours or anyone else’s posts.

Cool your jets man. I was pointing out posts had been deleted. You guys are individual posters, but you’re also collectively THE MODS. I get that you guys don’t necessarily know what each other are doing, but to the average plebe like me, (and excepting Rick, who despite his claims to the contrary has made it a point to bait me and then delete my posts in the past), it doesn’t matter who did it, only that it happened.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a posting guideline, and make sure anything deleted is deleted because it doesn’t meet the standard, because right now it seems awfully arbitrary, and one mod seems to have a hard-on for some posters. Case in point, this thread.

For the record, if I had to guess, I think it was BJD that deleted bill’s and my posts in this thread.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Bill, honestly was your post that good to begin with?

Sometimes, you just have to ask yourself the question. Did it benefit society?

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 356 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.