NC STATE at SYRACUSE Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE at SYRACUSE Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 404 total)
  • Author
    PackFamily
    Participant

“We played well enough, not good. A good team beats Cuse by 15 tonight. Our offensive ability is suspect at best as demonstrated in the last 6 min. We have a lead and the ball with about 30 secs left and manage to give it away twice. Complain all you want about the refs, but till we learn to shoot and make smart plays, we’ll come up short when it counts. Without Warren and Washington we’re nothing, and they can’t do it all.”

They’re the #1 team in the nation and were 24-0. Does the level of competition play into your analysis, or is it all just NC State v. a vacuum? Our guys played all out and well against a strong defensive team.

Hawkeye Whitney
    Participant

Draw the big offensive foul for one of the biggest plays of the game……..and then throw the ball away at the end. That’s living with a freshman point guard. But a great game. Proud of all the guys.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Because they know the NCAAs are a very real possibility, Bill. This one hurt and everyone knows it.

Rick
    Keymaster

Because they know the NCAAs are a very real possibility, Bill. This one hurt and everyone knows it.

This was the death blow to the ncaa and it is all on the acc

WeAreCured
    Participant

Just heard an unrelated news story, and the end line was “You can’t control the events, only how you react to them.” It certainly fits in this case.

Re: Des – State kept playing after his miscue and Anthony drew the key foul against Ennis. There was still a game to be won. They could have packed it in.

We know that. I just hope he does.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

And k’s butt buddy got out coached tonight

Pregame… No Contest. GOTT & Company smoked the dinosaur.

During game… dead even by my count… with the dinosaur getting the last punch.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

And k’s butt buddy got out coached tonight

Pregame… No Contest. GOTT & Company smoked the dinosaur.

During game… dead even by my count… with the dinosaur getting the last punch.

I have no idea what that means

MrPlywood
    Participant

Shout out to Turner who kept his head in the game and had a key 9 points, including the 3 FTs (after an admittedly bad foul by Ennis on a loooong shot).

WeAreCured
    Participant

I had to watch on ESPN3, and it’s not up for replay yet. Has anyone had a chance to rewind and watch the inbound/turnover sequence again? Was it as panicky as I remember?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Did ya’ll really think after all those years in the Big East… that ‘Cuse was a bunch of defensive p%ssies ??
    They were gonna bring everything they had at the end…. Duh…

Yep… if you’re gonna be the best… you play the best… and watch and learn.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I’m not so sure Boeheim did anything to win that one. He recruits good players and teaches them to play a good zone, no doubt. Somehow someway they keep winning these close ones.

Rick
    Keymaster

I’m not so sure Boeheim did anything to win that one. He recruits good players and teaches them to play a good zone, no doubt. Somehow someway they keep winning these close ones.

(Cough) refs (cough)

Wulfpack
    Participant

Tonight, yea the refs played a huge role. But Ennis hitting that running three last week at Pitt…They just seem to have that quiet confidence that they will win.

mroli
    Participant

While I fully understand the consternation surrounding the calls (or lack thereof), we blew it at the end. 2 turnovers, and no one to blame but ourselves. Got to hand it to the team today for the first 39 minutes. Great effort for 39, and total confusion for 1.

damn.

WeAreCured
    Participant

Agree. We had no timeouts and they had a tight, aggressive zone that was not being whistled.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Here’s your Stat of the night….

“Cuse’s biggest lead against our kids was by three points at the 17:21 point of the first half…. when they lead 5-2.

pakfanistan
    Participant

To quote the late, great Rodney Purvis, the tears won’t stop falling man, smh.

vtpackfan
    Participant

It is mind numbing to think of how two plays were called by the refs in closing second one point games.

Wake Forest 4 step waltz

TJ getting hammered in the motion of delivering a shot

We are those two calls/no calls from being a team that everyone can get behind instead of having more dip sticks showing up and running off the “SOS, these guys suck and so does the coach”.

Rick
    Keymaster

While I fully understand the consternation surrounding the calls (or lack thereof), we blew it at the end. 2 turnovers, and no one to blame but ourselves. Got to hand it the team today for the first 39 minutes. Great effort for 39, and total confusion for 1.

damn.

This is an idiotic statement. We have far more than just ourselves to blame.

WeAreCured
    Participant

If they just could have had 6 timeouts instead of 5…

PackFamily
    Participant

How do i unsubscribe from this? I’ve gotten a hundred emails of these posts? I’ve unchecked the box but it keeps coming back checked

Wulfpack
    Participant

Re the Cuse zone, it’s not so mich that it is tight, it is that it is so active and they move as one. Boeheim recruits these really long and athletic players, and they can move. Their arms and hands are very active. They block lanes, bump cutters, and get out on shooters quickly. They also clean the glass, which ain’t so easy to do in a zone. It is very difficult to play against. But I thought we did well, just not in the closing moments.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’m not so sure Boeheim did anything to win that one.

Boeheim’s only big move was the trap in the last 40 seconds of the game… otherwise, as noted above, he was behind the eight ball by one move the entire game.

The breakaway was the coaching move of the night… That play only comes from the bench.

The only thing both Dez and ANTHONY “did wrong” at the end was to try to do something…. they should have just held the ball and taken the foul or the jumpball…. we had the arrow… )…. but that is against all bball instincts and impossible to coach.

So we shouldn’t blame them at all…. IMO.

pakfanistan
    Participant

How do i unsubscribe from this? I’ve gotten a hundred emails of these posts? I’ve unchecked the box but it keeps coming back checked

Welcome to the Hotel California.

mroli
    Participant

LOL, yes. I admit that I do not subscribe to the “ACC pays to have NC State lose” mentality. Just going by the replay. Dribbling off the leg? Please. Not holding the ball on the trap? They just looked like a young team that was very nervous at the end. They had a (damn good) chance to take it, and they let it slip away.

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.