NC STATE at SYRACUSE Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE at SYRACUSE Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 404 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

“Did Hell almost just freeze over?”

There were pigs preparing for takeoff on the runway.

WeAreCured
    Participant

I hope tonight proved to them that they belong, and they go out and win every game left.

However, tonight will probably just break their hearts. Especially, poor poor Dez.

Rick
    Keymaster

Please let SU be the first ever #1 seed to lose to a #16 seed.

That would be just

BJD95
    Keymaster

Kudos to MG for having the stones to throw the homerun ball to Buckets. Kudos to Buckets for IMMEDIATELY going up for the basket, knowing he would be fouled.

That combination of guts, strategy, and execution won the fucking game, and I don’t give a shit what the Cabal says the final score should be.

Jediwolf
    Participant

What a crap call!!

Great job by Gott and the team. It’s hard to beat 8.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The acc wanted the number one more than they wanted another team I the tourney

This ain’t football….

What the ACC wants is for every game to be just like this one….
    regardless of who wins or loses….

That gets players, ratings and mo’ money….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

It’s the kind of psychological blow that makes you say/think “why bother?”

Monumental coaching hurdle for MG and staff to get this team ready for Tuesday.

tjfoose1
    Participant

For some reason, that no call makes me think of the phantom intentional foul called on us against Vandy.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Vandy = Vanderbilt in NCAA Tourney.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Indeed.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’m not so sure of that… Beej…

If any of our kids are not damn proud of what they did tonight…. well…. they might need to move on….

Coach just needs to get the kids to hold the “emotion and energy” from this one for two days and bring it on Tuesday.

I would rather have this challenge than the one that would have been… if we had been blow out by thirty as predicted.

Rick
    Keymaster

The acc wanted the number one more than they wanted another team I the tourney

This ain’t football….

What the ACC wants is for every game to be just like this one….
    regardless of who wins or loses….

That gets players, ratings and mo’ money….

Nope they want everyone to talk about how the acc had the number one team in the nation.

Corrupt

ldr of the pk 75
    Participant

We played well enough, not good. A good team beats Cuse by 15 tonight. Our offensive ability is suspect at best as demonstrated in the last 6 min. We have a lead and the ball with about 30 secs left and manage to give it away twice. Complain all you want about the refs, but till we learn to shoot and make smart plays, we’ll come up short when it counts. Without Warren and Washington we’re nothing, and they can’t do it all.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Some will respond, others will whine to their gf’s.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I was all prepared to have a ho-hum day after losing but this shit still gets under my skin and pisses me off, even after I’ve learned to not let the games effect me this way. I’m trying not to let it ruin my night but it’s not working.

Rick
    Keymaster

I’m not so sure of that… Beej…

If any of our kids are not damn proud of what they did tonight…. well…. they might need to move on….
    Coach just needs to get the kids to hold the “emotion and energy” from this one for two days and bring it on Tuesday.

This is a back breaking loss reminiscent of the Thornton dunk

Rick
    Keymaster

I was all prepared to have a ho-hum day after losing but this shit still gets under my skin and pisses me off, even after I’ve learned to not let the games effect me this way. I’m trying not to let it ruin my night but it’s not working.

Me too.

I was fine losing this game but top have it stolen is just infuriating

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… I’m with you Jiggs… I just feel damn bad for the kids… most kids just don’t get a chance to do this but once or twice in their entire playing careers….

Wulfpack
    Participant

There were a couple of very stale possessions late, but Cuse does that to everyone. It is very difficult to play that zone and they really amp it up when the game is on the line. So that is understandable to me. The turnovers really hurt. Didn’t get a good look at the last one leading to the go ahead points. Perhaps a foul?

The foul discrepency is certainly concerning. We battled hard for sure. It does seem very suspect.

Rick
    Keymaster

… I’m with you Jiggs… I just feel damn bad for the kids… most kids just don’t get a chance to do this but once or twice in their entire playing careers….

They are at state they will get plenty of chances to be screwed over.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I’m sorry ldr but that’s not how it’s supposed to be, State was the better team tonight even if they weren’t a great team. They played better than SU just enough to go into their place and walk out with a close victory. Then the f’ing refs took that away.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Just heard an unrelated news story, and the end line was “You can’t control the events, only how you react to them.” It certainly fits in this case.

Re: Des – State kept playing after his miscue and Anthony drew the key foul against Ennis. There was still a game to be won. They could have packed it in.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Did we win another game that year, after the meltdown in College Park? Think it was 2000.

I just get madder and madder. We earned this one, people. Earned it. Worked for it.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Now… just for fun… and speaking of coaching challenges… try this one…

Let’s say we had won this game…

How in the hell do you get the kids feet back on the ground and get them focused and ready to play in two days or less ??

Good luck with that.

Rick
    Keymaster

I’m sorry ldr but that’s not how it’s supposed to be, State was the better team tonight even if they weren’t a great team. They played better than SU just enough to go into their place and walk out with a close victory. Then the f’ing refs took that away.

Yup
    The better team lost tonight.

And k’s butt buddy got out coached tonight

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.