NC STATE at SYRACUSE Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE at SYRACUSE Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 404 total)
  • Author
    mroli
    Participant

Gotcha. Yes, we played great, and it stinks to be on the losing end like this we can all agree.

amen to that.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mr. Dog .. is that .50 cal still loaded ??

Rick didn’t spit in your face… he was just standing too close and talking fast and something came out by mistake…

kinda like ANTHONY’s pass out of the corner..

#NCSTATESH%T happens all the time….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    WeAreCured
    Participant

Folks really need to cut this team some slack. If rolling out four freshman, a two transfers don’t mean squat then everyone in the league would be 6-6. It’s so easy to just pick up with anyone at seasons beginning because the HC and players should all be as great as they will ever be by now. It’s that easy, and everyone is doing it so why can’t we.

I don’t see anyone railing on the players. I’m thrilled with the way they’ve progressed throughout the year, and I think they have accomplished a good deal. I’m sure the majority feel the same way. They played a great game, and any critique is born out of frustration. Year after year, State is involved in some amazing games; they just very rarely win them. It would be so awesome to be the team that wins those amazing games at least half of the time. I think that if State keeps putting good kids on the floor that improve throughout the season year after year, we will get to be one of those programs that wins the amazing game as much as they lose.

Rick
    Keymaster

Mr. Dog .. is that .50 cal still loaded ??

Rick didn’t spit in your face… he was just standing too close and talking fast and something came out by mistake…

kinda like ANTHONY’s pass out of the corner..

#NCSTATESH%T happens all the time….

I have used facts and stats to try to have discussions with him and his response is always ‘i know everything and the refs are always right’. After every game he gets on here and says ‘the refs are awesome’ so he cast his bait this time and does not seem to like what he caught.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Come on Rick… seriously…??
    it’s no big deal….

Rick
    Keymaster

Come on Rick… seriously ??

Mr. Dog… I think I might have been wrong… ^This looks like spit….

I deleted it but in deference to you only.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^thanks…

please edit the quote as I edited my post…

Good night gentlemen.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

Don’t normally reply to the game threads, just not my thing. But I just wanted to say, earlier in the week I had some long discussions with folks here about the talent level of this team and how I thought we had the raw talent to beat anyone on our schedule, which was widely ridiculed. I think this game proves that to be true. We took the best team in the country to the wire. Hopefully these young kids can see that, and use it to build the confidence we need to finish the season strong enough to make the dance.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I have used facts and stats to try to have discussions with him and his response is always ‘i know everything and the refs are always right’. After every game he gets on here and says ‘the refs are awesome’ so he cast his bait this time and does not seem to like what he caught.

I don’t think free throw discrepancy is all it’s cracked up to be, honestly.

Two things:
    1) Syracuse is a long team that specializes in zone. You would expect them not to foul much.
    2) We’re an inexperience team with no defense to speak of for going on 10 years. You would expect us to foul a lot.

That looks like it’s reflected in the box score.

mroli
    Participant

^^^ We shot 50% from the line. We shoot 73%, like Syracuse, we win the game.

you gotta take advantage. my heart go out to them. lets hope they build on it.

TheCOWDOG

^
    Don’t take this wrong WeAreCured…but since you began writing again, there is a very mature float about it.

In such a short time.

WeAreCured
    Participant

^<br>
    Don’t take this wrong WeAreCured…but since you began writing again, there is a very mature float about it.

In such a short time.

Being an attorney for a couple of years will do that to a man, I suppose. You see people go through some difficult things. It adds perspective. I got married too, and she told me I was an argumentative, stubborn, know it all, and it needed to stop. A swift kick in the behind by a beautiful woman is very efficient.

Rick
    Keymaster

Yeah what do I know. Maybe one of ncsu’s greats can shred some light. Hodge said

@Follow24Hodge: I know NEVER blame the refs and should look at the to’s at the end and a layup in the 1st half, blah, blah, blah. We had an AND 1! We did!

I know next to nothing about football and defer to those that do. Some people should stick to their expertise.

MrPlywood
    Participant

“I got married too, and she told me I was an argumentative, stubborn, know it all, and it needed to stop.”

Were the nuptials contingent on that transformation? 🙂

WeAreCured
    Participant

“I got married too, and she told me I was an argumentative, stubborn, know it all, and it needed to stop.”

Were the nuptials contingent on that transformation? :)

More like waking up in the morning was contingent on the transformation 😉

TheCOWDOG

Some people should know where the zones Boeheim, every brother in the sun wants to try and run with.

How many times do I have to float it over your head?

I learned football from Holtz. Basketball and baseball from a short lifetime with my old man.

Much the same as quite a few, still living coaches.

I’m doing my best to not kick your ass all over the place, and pre- pre-empt my f’n pompous nature that wants to question your knowledge.!

spintk
    Participant

Just watched the game and read through the posts. Here we go again with the refs. Did it suck to lose like that? Yes. Did the refs do it to us? No.

IIRC, we missed 7 free throws. We lost by 1 point. We turned the ball over twice under 30 second to play, one when all we needed to do was hold on to the ball and get fouled again.

Give Gottfried all the credit you want, too, but at the end of the day, he didn’t get the job done. On both turnovers, TJW was nowhere near the ball. Managing your player personnel is important, and probably THE most important at the end of the game.

This was a heartbreaking loss. I guess we’ve mastered that. But the same ol’, “Protect the Blues” chatter gets old. We correct [1] the free throws and [2] the turnovers, and we win that game. Period. Has nothing to do with protecting No. 1.

spintk
    Participant

Now that post is out of me, we definitely came in and showed the Number 1 team that we are for real. TJW gets a little more credit [hopefully]. And we learned that our crappy games are NOT for lack of talent. I don’t know if that last part is a good thing or bad thing, but we definitely have the horses to run, and that’s with a gimpy horse in Vandenberg.

Did we just match up well? Did we get lucky or catch Syracuse on an off night? Time will tell and we will have those answers based on the way we play our next games. But a loss is a loss, and right now we have zero marque wins, and have losses to WF, Duke, UNX, and SU.

Hope the team comes out MAD for the rest of the season.

Oh, and how ’bout KWash! This kid was my favorite of the freshmen class to begin with. He is really starting to show why he has earned his starting spot. Tyler has also proven that he needs to be running point. I think with the class schedule and D1 training, Cat is struggling a little at this point.

<sigh>go pack</sigh>

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The second most interesting Stat from last night’s game….

from the ESPN.com writeup…

NC State averages an ACC-high 37.0 points per game in the paint. The Wolfpack score 52% of their points in the paint, the second-highest percentage among major conference teams behind USC (53%)

Wonder what we could do if we had a dominate big man ???

selah…

Rick
    Keymaster

Some people should know where the zones Boeheim, every brother in the sun wants to try and run with.

How many times do I have to float it over your head?

I learned football from Holtz. Basketball and baseball from a short lifetime with my old man.

Much the same as quite a few, still living coaches.

I’m doing my best to not kick your ass all over the place, and pre- pre-empt my f’n pompous nature that wants to question your knowledge.!

You sure are the internet tough guy. Threatening to kick ass all the time. A former all acc player of the year disagrees with your assessment of that last call but in your mind I am sure you think you know more than him too.

Rick
    Keymaster

The second most interesting Stat from last night’s game….

from the ESPN.com writeup…

NC State averages an ACC-high 37.0 points per game in the paint. The Wolfpack score 52% of their points in the paint, the second-highest percentage among major conference teams behind USC (53%)

Wonder what we could do if we had a dominate big man ???

selah…

If we had a dominating big man the acc would have him on the bench in foul trouble every game.

Rick
    Keymaster

Corch says the last call was wrong too but what would he know about basketball?

redisgood
    Participant

Watch a replay and you can clearly see TJ had begun his shooting motion when fouled. Not sure why someone would say the refs got that call right. That was one of the more obvious blunders I’ve seen in a while.

Rick
    Keymaster

Watch a replay and you can clearly see TJ had begun his shooting motion when fouled. Not sure why someone would say the refs got that call right. That was one of the more obvious blunders I’ve seen in a while.

Cuz they learned how to play basketball by shooting it in a peach basket and did not bother boning up on the new rules?

redcanine
    Participant

Kyle Washington’s rebounding has really improved. He’s been ripping those misses right out of the air.

He appears to have gained some muscle/strength too.

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.