NC STATE at SYRACUSE Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE at SYRACUSE Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 404 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

LOL, yes. I admit that I do not subscribe to the “ACC pays to have NC State lose” mentality. Just going by the replay. Dribbling off the leg? Please. Not holding the ball on the trap? They just looked like a young team that was very nervous at the end. They had a (damn good) chance to take it, and they let it slip away.

Nice troll

Hey Einstein explain the HUGE foul discrepancy. Or just troll some more

Wulfpack
    Participant

You can’t just hold it there, Bill. It would be a (quick) 5 second call. That’s what Boeheim wants out of that trap – a throw away works, too. Still though tough spot for a freshman. And Lewis wouldn’t be the answer there either as he wouldn’t be able to see out of it. Just a tough spot.

WeAreCured
    Participant

I know I may make a lot of people mad, but without having the ability to replay, it looked to me like the foul on TJ occurred when he had the ball below his waist, getting ready to begin his two steps into launch, and since there is no continuation in the NCAA like in the NBA, and it was not a hard foul and was a play at the ball, I think it was correctly called.

I’m also going to go out on a limb and say that the lack of fouls on Syracuse is somewhat understandable. They were playing a tight zone, and State was not penetrating or getting it to anyone down low. When there were clear fouls on either team, they were called. State had more clear fouls than Syracuse. No question. However, there were two or three off ball ticky tack fouls called on Lewis and Washington that would seem to have been matched, given the tight zone, by Syracuse on the other end, but there was never a call. They were hitting their 1 and 1s. That hurt. We could have used the opportunity to match.

Just saw the replay, and that inbound play was horrendous. They played right into their tight zone and Barber made a horrible decision and pass. Bummer.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Come on guys….

All this about the vaunted ‘Cuse Zone ???

F-that…. a month ago … we had NO ZONE OFFENSE… and tonight we did exactly what we wanted to do against the vaunted ‘Cuse Zone all night… the ball stayed in the paint all night…. you can blame our missed outside shots and free throws on the DOME but not on the vaunted ‘Cuse Zone….

AND What about our MAN-TO_MAN DEFENSE ???

Our kids plus the VANDWAGON in the middle…. just held the NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE NATION to 57 freaking points….
    We didn’t do that with 20+/- other lesser teams this season…

Our BIGS were BIG… rebound s…’Cuse had one more than we did… Nobody fouled out…. The perimeter guys shut down Ennis and the rest of the ‘Cuse guards… If Xmas hadn’t had a career night…. we wouldn’t even be talking about the vaunted ‘Cuse zone.

Some of ya’ll need to get some perspective and show our kids some love….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    mroli
    Participant

Nice troll

No troll. Class of 89 (83-89), and season ticket holder since. I’ve seen some great State teams and some really bad ones. Good teams find ways to win. This team is young, and almost there. I thought it was a great game that they didn’t finish. One break at the end and they win, and you don’t get many chances like that.

Too bad really, because they outplayed them. It kills me that they lost. I just can’t blame it on outside forces. They had it…

So, sorry if my opinion upsets you. Not intentional.

Rick
    Keymaster

Wac did you watch the game? We were forcing the ball to the middle is that zone all game and NO calls.

And how do we go from two calls to 15 from one half to the other?

We got screwed and it was so obvious it should be called out. But the media will fawn all over su and how they win the closer games.

Which is what the acc wants. They have to prop up k’s butt boy

TheCOWDOG

You can cry your hearts out on the call….but it was the right one.

RIGHT as freakin rain.

Rick
    Keymaster

Nice troll

No troll. Class of 89 (83-89), and season ticket holder since. I’ve seen some great State teams and some really bad ones. Good teams find ways to win. This team is young, and almost there. I thought it was a great game that they didn’t finish. One break at the end and they win, and you don’t get many chances like that.

Too bad really, because they outplayed them. It kills me that they lost. I just can’t blame it on outside forces. They had it…

So, sorry if my opinion upsets you. Not intentional.

Keep on trolling.

I notice no explain of the foul discrepancy.

Troll on

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Wufpack… not that it matters… as I said… holding the ball is impossible to coach…

but hypothetically … with the ball out of bounds under their basket with 6.7 seconds left….

I’ll take the chances of the defenders being too aggressive and fouling so I can throw the ball in again with less time
    or
    the 5 second call … in which case… they have the ball out and the length of the floor to go with 2 seconds more or less and I get to set up a 2/3 court press….
    as opposed to trying to pass or dribble the ball… especially out of the corner….

Just saying….

Wulfpack
    Participant

The Cuse zone held us to 55, and forced us into some errors late. So it ain’t chopped liver. I agree we handled it well for the most part, but in the end it did what it is designed to do. That’s why Cuse is in all these dang things game after game. It travels, too.

Rick
    Keymaster

RIGHT as freakin rain.

So predictable. I even called it in the game that you would be on here blowing the refs.

WeAreCured
    Participant

RIGHT as freakin rain.

Agree.

Wac did you watch the game? We were forcing the ball to the middle is that zone all game and NO calls.

And how do we go from two calls to 15 from one half to the other?

We got screwed and it was so obvious it should be called out. But the media will fawn all over su and how they win the closer games.

Which is what the acc wants. They have to prop up k’s butt boy

I don’t know what to say other than when we were going inside, we scored and they didn’t foul. I need to watch a replay, but in the final 6 or 7 minutes, we just passed it along the arc and never went inside. Like I said, there were definitely some off ball ticky tack fouls called on us that logically, one would assume, should have been called on the other end; however, those were only 3, maybe 4 whistles, and the other fouls called were definitely fouls. Even so, that hurts, and in a vacuum could be cited as one of many possible reasons for the L, such as missed free throws and ill-timed turnovers.

Wulfpack
    Participant

That wasn’t the situation, Bill.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Cat turned it over with 14 on the clock. Plenty of time to force the five call and go down the floor for the win.

Packzingo
    Participant

The Pack fan southern summary: same sh_t, different game, results the same with a big friggin L

All the other stuff is just for conversation: ref’s, freshmen, inexperience,
    panic, etc……. every team goes thru the same crap, we just do it every friggin big game!!!

mroli
    Participant

Keep on trolling.

I notice no explain of the foul discrepancy.

Troll on

The fouls were 18 – 14 in favor of Syracuse. Close enough that it should not have mattered. And the call at the end was likely the right one. Not much else to say past that.

Fastback68
    Participant

IIRC loss to Maryland in 2000 was start of 7 game losing streak before we won last 2 regular season games. I think Vitale said we were in ncaat during the game while at 17-5. Was it the same year Wells missed 3pt shot to beat Maryland at ACCT? I was there. Maryland fans were complete assholes outside charlotte coliseum. Staff, get these kids ready for Clemson. No more losses.

vtpackfan
    Participant

You have to have an inbounder that knows to throw it off the leg and reset the inbounds there.

That is where a Scott Wood type experienced guy keeps his composure.

Folks need to cut this team some slack for putting out a completely new roster this season. Players need reps of in game experience to get there and other then Ennis I just see a Cuse roster full of returning players from past years.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The Cuse zone held us to 55, and forced us into some errors late.

… and FWIW… so have a bunch of other teams this year…. who didn’t run the vaunted ‘CUSE zone…

…. back to my other point…

A seasoned guard with a high bball IQ…. when stuck in the corner like that with time running out …
    would have mysteriously ‘flopped’ on his face out of bounds while simultaneously throwing the ball into the seats with one hand and grabbing the defenders wrist with the other causing the defender to land on top of him….

Ya’ll HAVE seen that play hav’nt you…..

I know Mr. Dog has.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The highlights are up on the front page on espn.com for anyone that can stomach it. Conveniently mo mention of the Warren continuation situation. The Barber turnover looks to be legit – no foul there, just way too much panic. Fair then went down the floor and scored with 6 on the clock. Blech.

vtpackfan
    Participant

Folks really need to cut this team some slack. If rolling out four freshman, a two transfers don’t mean squat then everyone in the league would be 6-6. It’s so easy to just pick up with anyone at seasons beginning because the HC and players should all be as great as they will ever be by now. It’s that easy, and everyone is doing it so why can’t we.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The Cuse zone is good, very good, Bill. Not sure what your point is regarding it. It’s good against us and it’s good against others as well. That’s what they do. That’s how Boeheim has won a zillion games there. He knows how to teach that sucker. And it travels.

TheCOWDOG

Ricky…Gotta tell ya…you come at me one more time like that and I will expunge your post.

Then I’ll kick your ass.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^My point is “HOW GOOD WE PLAYED…not them”.

Nothing more, nothing less…

This is the same bunch of kids who in their last “Big Game” two Saturdays past…..couldn’t find each other on the floor much less the basket.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Gotcha. Yes, we played great, and it stinks to be on the losing end like this we can all agree.

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.