NC Political Predictions

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk NC Political Predictions

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

Close the Curtain….
    Father I have sinned….
    What have you done my son?
    When we moved back from the barren and frozen north (Summer lasts 2 days) of NW PA, we had to chose a party. Since my dad had been a NCDOT worker and resented all the politics of our local county, my rebelious side said RED…My Late FIL also was more conservative and I suspected he was of the RED persuasion. He could NOT espouse his opinions as his wife was a dedicated school marm in rural farming county north of here. Had he done such, she MIGHT have been summarily discharged for conduct unbecoming of a saint.

TEARS….Sighs….

Go on, my son….how did you sin?

We talked about it. We prayed about it. We decided that if my wife, who had an “A” certificate from a FINE college just west of NCSU and really wanted to follow in her mother’s footsteps….that we needed to register and declare as BLUE. We did….

My son….that is wonderful. You know that members of our frock, such as the sainted Rev Bully Barber are of the Blue Team. We feel, and since we have a direct cell link to GOD, that you did the right thing. You have NOT sinned….you do not need to seek forgiveness….

Father, I must continue with my story
    OK, swipe your Amex again and talk to me….but lets try for the Reader’s Digest version….

OK…being an NCSU Grad, I was also enrolled in Advanced ROTC and destined for driving a Huey….but my hearing was so bad that I was not able to serve. I learned a LOT at NCSU. I learned how to think and make decisions. My DW is also a free thinker and will chastize me for stupidity as appropriate.

SO, over the years, we did NOT vote the BLUE line as instructed. We actually studied the issues. Researched the claims. Then made what we thought were intelligent voting decisions. Unfortunately, that lead to us USUALLY voting with the RED crowd….and it was NOT an NCSU Color allegiance. BUT, we did vote for the BLUE folks that we had confidence in.

I have many good friends of the BLUE Persuasion and they indulge my radical positions. Secretly, one told me that he had to hold his nose whilst voting all the time for BLUE. I even funded a major portion of his BLUE political campaign.

I also had neighbors that were high ranking BLUE folks and each year would email folks in support of them…

BUT, I did NOT always mark the “D” candidate….

ROAR….GNASHING OF TEETH….Expletives….sound of a bottle of Scotch being opened…

My son, you have sinned. You have NOT followed the Doctrine of the Blue Cult. I can NOT absolve you of your sins….

As your punishment….I will speak to the “Higher UP” and he may, instead of a plague or warts or locusts, lack of cell service, etc. ….bring mediocrity on the RED clan…your graven image….the Wolf Pack…

Please swipe your AMEX and go….you are banished forever….and I have placed a parental lock on your cable box…you will NOT longer be able to tune to FOX…

Sound of a Double Scotch being poured….

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

What makes you think I don’t know how to stay out of traffic? Protests are covered by the 1st, READ THE Constitution. As I said before, sit back and watch the sh&tstorm.

lmao I know what the constitution says. You may want to inform the lady who got ran over on the interstate about the constitution though.

Tomorrow I’m going to start protesting stop lights. They’re impeding me, damnit! Who’s coming with me?! We’ll meet in the middle of the I40 off the Gorman ramp. Afterwards, we’ll trade stories about yield signs in our safe spaces.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Lets see….we WATCH the #$#^ Storms. OK….stay in the streets. BUT wait, I need some liquor….a new TV….a new Cell Phone (did ANYONE OF THEM figure out that an Apple store had to ACTIVATE a phone?).

I support the first and second ammendments…the rest of them and the ten commandments.

BUT, when civil protests turn violent or threaten the safety of the populace….then I draw the line….

Today, the President called for PEACE. If he REALLY wanted PEACE and a smooth transition, then maybe since he has George Soros’ email, he ought to write him. The 5 block convoy for WI to Chicago and the folks given Amtrak Tickets so they could “spontaneously” Protest.

I did not storm the DNC HQ when Obama was elected. I did not even harbor the idea of firebombing it. I did not pray for pain for the Obama supporters.

We had a #$#@ Storms in the 60’s. They were all over the country and people were killed and businesses were burned and there was wanton destruction….we also had Kent State. I remember the Duke Students taking over the Chancellors house or maybe his office on the Sunday when the Raleigh curfew was lifted. I had friends in the NG that were NOT released, but loaded up into a truck, with LIVE ammo and went over there to “maintain” peace. Someone with a cooler head got the students to disperse….otherwise Duke may have been another Kent State. These guys had been on duty for 10 days or so with little rest….trying to keep Raleigh from becoming a charred reminder of retaliation….

The street preachers and agitators on Campus were given space and allowed to speak their peace. There were sit-ins at UNC, but not, to my recollection, at NCSU. I would also urge you to watch the aging two hippies dry hump in the Legislature Building during the “Spontaneous” Moral Majority Marches given coverage by the local TV and lead by a certain individual.

I may be Barnie Fife, but I think we need to “nip it in the bud…” before there is harm to innocents or their property is stolen.

I almost bought a case of the Ritz Crackers shaped like Snowflakes and was going to carry them to the Student Union to serve to the folks that needed a “safe place” and counseling for their grief of last Tuesday….

GIVE ME A BREAK….we need some adults to make decisions… Folks that work for a living voted….and those that vote for a living lost….

President Obama summed it up in his major meeting with the Senate and House leaders in December, 2008. “Lets get ONE thing straight….I GOTT more VOTES….are there any questions?”

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

B’rer ‘Roo…

Perhaps penance will work for you instead of forgiveness….

Go and build a Temple for the folks you call “Reds”, perhaps not as extravagant as Solomon’s…

At the dedication/consecration …
    Remember… “It shall be Temple for all people”… a fine place for Red and Blue and all other colors.

Remember… those who like to watch fireworks shall be welcome too..

For a man of your skills and connections… this should not be as difficult as some will imagine.

Make sure you build a fine parking lot too….
    If for no other reason than to offer a safe place for the fireworks.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    YogiNC
    Participant

Roo, you continue to amaze me. You can wax poetic as well as many I’ve seen. Thanks for the chuckle this fine morning, I needed that to start my day. Here’s something you might appreciate.

Army of california

Smarter than the average bear

McCallum
    Participant

Enjoy the diversity.

McCallum

Adventuroo
    Participant

Yogi,
    thanks for the kind words….many here are equally talented. Sometimes a little humor is needed. I was often assigned the “after lunch” spot for corporate “seminars”. You know the ones that the big boys feel are necessary. They were popular with the plant managers and manufacturing managers as the Division VP’s and Presidents would be there as well as the Corporate Clan. All the young turks would work the cocktail hour to make sure that if there was a promotional opening, that their face might pop up.

BUT, the subject matter was really BORNING. How about “Why it is important to have an accurate Form R Report” This is FACT…not some whimsical scenario. I was assigned that time to follow the lead Environmental Attorney. He was OK, but droned on a while. He was explaining WHY it was necessary to “follow the rules” and that there was this vast floor of lawyers that would carry the ball should an issue come up. Then in his dry manner, he dropped a little bomb. However, as has been, unfortunately too many times in the past, we may advise you to seek personal counsel as your actions and the company’s best interests are no longer mutually inclusive….” LET THAT SINK IN…I was sitting next to one of my sharper Plant Managers and he literally DROPPED his pen. Others did so. I equated it to the sound of a Frag Grenade pin with NO TIME TO RUN. That sort of set the tone.

My topic was strictly an overview….like a CPA explaining “Carry Forward Losses”….you know that subject that the NYT wrote 17 pages on and related it to our NOW PRESIDENT ELECT…

SO, I pulled a few jokes out of my brain and scribbled a note card or two. I used the Attorney as the BUTT of the Old Lewis Grizzard line….”Brother, I don’t think I woulda told that”. It was Brother DAVE who confessed that he had made love to a goat. Dave was also the name of the Lawyer….the room went wild. Dave laughed so hard he cried and bought me a drink that night.

Later on, I had a very sexy voiced lady do a Clinton WH Voice Mail greeting….it lasted about 4 minutes. Dave and the rest of the attorneys thought it was hilarious….but afterwards, they made me erase my audio file and sign an affidavit that I had NO OTHER COPIES of it. Then, routinely, they asked for copies of my presentations BEFORE hand….and I still slipped in some zingers….and then they would make me give them the CD or Flash and then PURGE my HD…

BUT, I kept their attention and they learned at least SOME of the subject matter.

I LIKE the picture….Jerry Brown will probably use it as a recruiting poster….

Adventuroo
    Participant

$HIT $TORM Update….

IF you are interested and IF you do not mind folks providing you with OPTIONAL reading material…

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-than-half-of-arrested-anti-trump-protesters-didnt-vote/351964445

KGW is a local NBC (not FOX) affiliate. THEY did a search of voting records….probably to PROVE all the miscreants were folks that had voted since kindergarten. HMMM…not exactly as THEY expected….but probably what most folks did.

Read the numbers and the article…if you wish….it is actually worse than reported….the ones that have “no identity” are not included in the headline….

rthomas44
    Participant

Too bad that posters are not charged by the line.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Ah yes….and it is also a pity that folks who don’t pay taxes get to vote….or that the amount of tax revenue from an individual determines then number of votes…

That is sarcasm, 44….

It might be also interesting to see how many would be allowed to post here if they were not paying Alumni dues or WP Dues or purchasing Tickets or articles of clothing or attending WP events (paid as well as free)….

Until the rules are changed….I guess you just have to be able to scroll past…

Sent from my DROID VZ LTE Phone…The RED one with the RED cover.

Adventuroo
    Participant

BotB,

Good suggestion. Tried to….but Jim Goodmon would not sell the land behind WRAL. However, this is quite a structure….does it meet your criteria? Even my son who drives by the Mormon Cathedral on the Beltway was impressed…

http://www.holynamecathedralnc.org/photos/

http://dioceseofraleigh.org/cathedral-news

Was in negotiations for a Trump of a DEAL with the Mission Valley folks for extra parking and/or 3 ring circuses and/or Sell OUT Political Concerts for the 2020 Election and/or Fired Dave Doeren Rallies…….as WELL as Fireworks…

Don’t get me started….I’ll be flamed for wasting bandwidth and depleting the data allowance for folks that read/contribute using their smart phones….

Sent from my DROID VZ LTE Phone…The RED one with the RED cover.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

B’rer ‘Roo…

that’s really big and fancy….
    You GO FOR IT!

this might be more my style

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    rthomas44
    Participant

Scroll
    Scroll
    Scroll
    Scroll

ryebread
    Participant

I’m an independent voter. My votes land all over the ticket. I’m fiscally conservative, but socially liberal.

I am also a father of a daughter, and have friends of many races, sexes, ages, sizes and shapes. I try to treat people by the Golden Rule. One can take from that and figure out how I voted at the Presidential level.

Having said that, my take on the election is fairly simple:
    – HC was an un-electable candidate. The signs were there in the Democratic primary. Bernie wasn’t electable either, but he would have rallied the Democratic base. HC did not.
    – Dems had more money, a better ground game, and an opponent that shot himself in the foot over and over again but lost. It was in the back drop of a pretty good economy, record high stock market, low inflation and cheap gas. That’s due to the candidate they ran and how they ran. They ran the poorest campaign at a national level that I can remember in my lifetime.
    – Trump ran a masterful campaign. He used the media as a foil and every time they dug something up on him, it fed right into his narrative and emboldened his base.
    – Trump had to hit a straight flush, and he did it. Sometimes it happens. It’s not a massive conspiracy. He got his vote out, particularly his rural vote.
    – This election, as many are are the city mice vs the country mice. Almost every state’s county map looks like that. The Brexit vote in England looked the same way.
    – The Dems didn’t come out to vote. Trump got the voters out at about the same rate has previous Republican candidates. Had HC gotten the vote out at Obama’s level, she’d be the president elect. It just didn’t happen. Simple as that.
    – Washington, the media and the polling agencies really missed. There was a strong anti-Washington, anti-establishment undercurrent that they missed on.

In the end, none of this really matters. Trump is the president elect. I hope he runs the country as well as he ran his campaign.

The problem Trump now has is where he goes from here. His campaign had no real policy meat behind it. It was a campaign of wedge issues, distrust, and anti-establishment. That was an effective strategy to win the election, but it’s hard to then pivot from that and build anything.

One party has control of the house and senate. There’s a bit of wild card as the president. His appointees are clearly closely tied to the RNC, so it’s not going to be an “outsider’s” administration. If one is staunchly conservative, this is probably the best thing that’s happened since Reagan because the machine is lined up.

We’ll see what happens. A similar situation didn’t work out very well for NC, but maybe it works out better at the Federal level. I tend to doubt it, but am generally hopeful.

Rick
    Keymaster

I am fiscally and socially conservative but would vote a true fiscal conservative in almost no matter what his social.
    I have low expectations for Trump. If he keeps the supreme court even I will be satisfied. If he kills obamacare I will be happy.
    I have grown to like gridlock. Very little bad happens when there’s gridlock.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’ve been rolling it around in my head, where someone said they voted for Trump because they were tired of being called ‘-ist’.

Meanwhile, Trump called Mexican immigrants rapist and drug dealers, called for a return to racist stop and frisk policies, has Mike Pence as VP who signed the RFRA which allowed discrimination against LGBT people and shut down Planned Parenthood whichhelped set off an HIV outbreak, and has Steve Bannon in his administration who is an alt-right antisemite and racist.

Curious way to demonstrate you’re not ‘-ist’.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Especially when Stormfront, David Duke, and the KKK are really thrilled about your election and choices.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Rye,
    Very insightful and concise.
    Reminds me of some OTHER threads around here….and history….which, unfortunately, REPEATS ITSELF.
    2012. Patty and the PARTY control everything. My GOD, what a wasted opportunity. They DID do some good….as they were trying to pay back the $2 Billion to the Feds that Bev gave away. Also trying to recapture all the Sleazley spending….and raiding….even while he was AG and spent millions on Class Action lawsuits (deemed UNWINNABLE by the AG Staff) and then let the courts RULE. They DID and we, the Citizens, got REAMED. Also remember that the two cases were against Democratic GA and Gov Passed laws….that again, the AG’s staff said could be a PROBLEM…sort of like HRC’s Emails.

The Soros Supporters will be cannonizing Rev Billy B….and trying to use his Moral Majority (aging hippies humping) techniques. Remember, NOW a MSM TV station did a background check on the arrested protesters. HMMMM….very FEW actually voted.

I almost bought a case of Ritz Snowflake Crackers and took them to the Student Union to serve as the Counseling sessions.

The problems that we have today is that we have don’t have enough working folks voting and too many who vote to keep from working….

McCallum
    Participant

I’ve been rolling it around in my head, where someone said they voted for Trump because they were tired of being called ‘-ist’.

Meanwhile, Trump called Mexican immigrants rapist and drug dealers, called for a return to racist stop and frisk policies, has Mike Pence as VP who signed the RFRA which allowed discrimination against LGBT people and shut down Planned Parenthood whichhelped set off an HIV outbreak, and has Steve Bannon in his administration who is an alt-right antisemite and racist.

Curious way to demonstrate you’re not ‘-ist’.

Incidents of rape among the waves of Central Americans heading north these last few years (green lighted by the Obama administration, the immigration that is) were common as they would be when large numbers of women and children lack male protection. The drug lords are largely Mexican since the vast majority of drugs come through Mexico as evidenced by that country’s extremely high murder rate.

Stop and frisk was aimed at the most violent sections of the cities in question and those populations were and remain largely black(statics you would be wise to note).

As for the attacks on Pence and Bannon, whoppity do.

Clearly the Democratic Party needs to offer something beyond calling people names, support for massive 3rd world immigration, and the extension of the 14th Amendment into the facet of every life on the planet.

The party failed to address clear areas of concern with globalization and the impact it has on the middle and lower working classes. It failed to address the clear downward pressure on wages if MORE unskilled and skilled workers are introduced into the population via immigration. Simply insulting people because they are white and non college educated is not going to make them jump in line and bow at your feet. Were it pointed out that Clinton was strongest among non college, non high school educated blacks such observations would have been hooted and hollered out of town as racist despite its factual basis.

The Democrats have a serious problem with whites in the US. Mind you not so much with the deracinated, rootless cosmopolitans but the average every day white man and woman has no place in that party and it tells them so in every way possible.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

And I would further note that Trump’s non interventionist foreign policy positions resonated.

The vast majority of people in BOTH parties are tired of the endless meddling and disrupting of other societies.

Nothing good ever comes of it.

McCallum

pakfanistan
    Participant

As for the attacks on Pence and Bannon, whoppity do.

Love it when stating facts are ‘attacks’.

rthomas44
    Participant

The storm has already started. Get out the hip waders.
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

TheCOWDOG

No sh#t.

YogiNC
    Participant

pak, you are indeed a true liberal, too bad liberals aren’t what they are labeled. You have absolutely no tolerance for any view but your own, and will bash and name call to make your point. If you want name calling HRC is A FELON. She committed numerous felonies over the last 6 years, more than enough that she should be locked up for hundreds of years. A young sailor is spending a year in prison for taking 6 pictures inside a submarine that were no different than areas that were filmed in various movies BUT he signed an agreement that he would maintain classified material in a certain manner. Hillary signed that same agreement. And yet she runs for president instead of leader of the cell block.

Smarter than the average bear

McCallum
    Participant

Pak is more than welcome to let it fly in my opinion.

He has his views, they are his, so be it and who cares.

Now I hope Mike Pence does stand in the way of true love or noodles:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/domestic-battery/ramen-noodle-battery-528391

McCallum

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 511 total)
  • The topic ‘NC Political Predictions’ is closed to new replies.