NC Political Predictions

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk NC Political Predictions

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Whatever you think about chippy orange face, you gotta admit it’s pretty impressive he took down two political dynasties in a single election (Bush & Clinton).

Yes he did.

Perhaps, James Carville — most of ya’ll remember that Bayou Snake — said it best…
    “The message campaign beat the turnout campaign.”

to which I would add…
    Everybody, and I mean everybody, voted their hearts, not their minds…
    More importantly, The “Silent People” GOTT and TOOK their chance to tell Washington to F off after many years of abuse in a BIG way.

Which may beg the question…
    Exactly who’s life is President Trump going to make worse off?

Nobody.

Washington && Raleigh can’t get more F’d up….
    they GOTT no place to go but up.

The better question might be…
    Exactly who’s life is President Trump going to make better?

Nobody knows.
    —————

First thing that happens next is Mr. Obama is going to “educate” Mr. Trump on how things really work. Next thing we’ll see is Mr. Trump “pardon” Mrs. Clinton.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant
    TheCOWDOG

The people found a human hand grenade to lob at the political establishment, and they pulled the pin. Let’s see what foxhole it really lands in.

If it lands in mine, I ain’t jumpin’ on it…I’m throwin’ it back from where it came.

choppack1
    Participant

Cow and others – my wife and I cancelled each other out with our write in votes.

Like Alias, I enjoyed the pundits disbelief – especially those @ NBC and George Stephanopolis @ abc and John Harwood and Steve Leisman @ CNBC.

The fact that these folks hold the positions they do is disgusting and it’s exactly why you are looking at President elect Trump…and these morons still don’t get it.

They will still have the last laugh. If NC is any indicator – the media and the government sponsored protest class – will ignore any good and jump into full action.

Here in NC – pretty happy with results. Pubs kept their super majority and Cooper and his AG won (with help of some Durham stuff).

But regardless – everyone needs a bone to prevent disenfranchisement…and I have heard Cooper ain’t a bad egg, so I kind of hope the result remains – unless true justice prohibits it.

Hopefully, Trump will be as decent as his children and businesses seem to indicate. And fwiw – alot of us felt this way when the current potus decided to either lie or proved he was too dumb to be in office when he said “if you like your plan you can keep it.” Then told the “other side” – shut up. We had an election and you lost.

Hopefully, the duck shows more decency and diplomacy than that.

BassPacker
    Participant

Roo, you still live in the Sanford area? I was raised (still live) on a farm in Sanford area, spend a many day priming the gold leaf in fields that later became Carolina Trace. Was a many night I came home from the fields reeking of Sucker Plucker, Contact 85 and Off Shoot T. It burned, and got in your hair, turned your skin yellow and made everything you ate taste like it. Nobody had any concerns about it back then. We would drink our RC and eat Nabs without washing hands during our field breaks.

Remember well the PCB dumping along our highways, specially down hwy 27 near our school. Everyone wondered what the mysterious slow moving tanker trucks were doing late at night along the unbeaten paths of Lee and Harnett County. My mom worked for a time at one of the many textile mills in Sanford, the old Koury Company. We still have a major player in textiles as one of our main employers, Frontier Spinning Mills. Sanford hasn’t changed much or developed much of an opportunity for our our children. Chicken processing took over some of the textiles, which increased our Hispanic population to near 40%. Chicken plants left, now we have a Mexican restaurant on every other street corner. Progress? Our schools are burdened with Hispanic children, jobs are slim unless you drive south or north of the Cape Fear river. Sanford was/is deep Trump Country.

TheCOWDOG

^ Bass…that’s where my true movement to leave the Apolitical Lounge comes in.

Some of y’all voted for change in the graft, nationally, turned right around and granted Burr more. Shame on your ass, if you did that.

BassPacker
    Participant

^ Bopple Head Ross was an Obama puppet, Burr retaining his seat is not surprising to most Cackalackians. But looks like our Republican Gov’ner is on his way out, go figure with Trump taking NC. Rev Barber is happy for a day. I’d rather pull the pin than wallow in hope four more years.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

People protesting in the streets over the results of the election in several big cities. Guess they should have voted.

gso packbacker
    Participant

I kind of look at exercising my right to vote allows me bitch about what happens between elections.

Call me old school.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Moved to Raleigh in 91. Hunted with buddies in Sanford until I lost BF in 2006. Still keep up with lots of folks there.

Snowflakes out protesting last night. They were exercising 1st amendment Rights to B&M about losing to HRC who would follow BHO policy of suppressing “the OTHER sides” opinions because they were a basket of Deplorables classified into hate groups with various “ist” ending’s

BHO GOTT a quandary. Trump’s WH visit today does not even need a sidebar about WJC & HRC & CF. Trump’s supporters expect a thorough DOJ & FBI & IRS investigation….. presumably by Mr. Mayor.

So BHC GOTT to dust off Nixon pardon & do a word replace. The Clintons ( modern day Beverly Hillbillies) will keep their billions. BHC can not pardon all the “Doer’s”. Some already have limited protection… but the deal is off if the fibbed.

A lot of snowflakes last night were Sanders supporters who thought they were DP’ed.

When BHC bails out Jed’s clan, 50% of DEM’s not gonna like it.

HRC & PAC’s spent almost a BILLION. DJT less than half that.

Jim Goodmon of WRAL doesn’t look at the color of the money….it all spends the same.

BHC GOTT a bigger problem….Holder was biased…Lynch is crooked. He GOTT to prevent them from being indicted to really embarrass
    his DOJ.

Either way, his legacy is toast. Kill ACA and Undo all the PHONE orders….then he never existed.

He was a dictator that ruled by PEN & PHONE. Executive Orders were obvious. PHONE and follow up instructions to Agency heads were REAL abuse. DHS, IRS, DOJ, EPA, etc crippling and targeted discriminatory regulations by Agency heads were less obvious, but more vile & lethal.

MSM & host of lawyers & Activist appointed Judges will jump on every subtle syntax change. Repealing one will be crime of the century.

But the people spoke….

Pack78
    Participant

But the people spoke….

And, hopefully, will go on speaking as the need arises…

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

The majority of people are tired of politicians. Tuesday’s results showed that.

tractor57
    Participant

Insider vs outsider – or so we are told. Time will tell.

pakfanistan
    Participant

He was a dictator that ruled by PEN & PHONE. Executive Orders were obvious. PHONE and follow up instructions to Agency heads were REAL abuse. DHS, IRS, DOJ, EPA, etc crippling and targeted discriminatory regulations by Agency heads were less obvious, but more vile & lethal.

Petty Tyrant
    Yes, he was a petty tyrant, ruling by executive order in an unprecedented way…..

Can you provide a list of some of those targeted discriminatory regulations for my edification please?

But the people spoke….

If you consider winning because of a vagary of our political system the people speaking, then yes. Clinton still received a majority of votes.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

paky… best not to go “there”….

Practically speaking, the Electoral College keeps, for example, people from California, telling people in North Carolina what they can and can’t do… it’s not perfect, but it works…

You play by the rules.
    You win by the rules.
    You lose by the rules.

Now… let’s talk to something important…

It’s 50/50 on who our next Governor is…

my wife worked the polls on Tuesday and she says there’s a ton of provisional ballots out there…

john of sparta
    Participant

this GOV race thread could last until next year

tractor57
    Participant

or until the next gov (s)election 🙂

choppack1
    Participant

These kids are so predictable:

If NC is any indicator – the media and the government sponsored protest class – will ignore any good and jump into full action.

And just give the media time…

gso packbacker
    Participant

50-50? While he is only slightly (5k?) ahead, I’d give ol’ Roy (v 2.0) a better shot than that. Kind of interesting how he so diplomatically announced himself the winner. Mighty big of him, but McCrory showed a big set plays in the Gub’ners mansion. 🙂

Btw, speaking of Governors, Jim Martin is still on the my personal $h!t list after his “move along, nothing to see here” call at UNCX.

McCallum
    Participant

I suspect the executive order graph probably has some “devil in the details” part that is not supplied. See here now, Dear Glorious Leader has not been tyrannical at all (forget about the drone attack that killed the US citizen without a trial) but rather it is again you ignorant rubes who are tyrannical. Of course it is about averages, not actual issues.

Obama was a perfect candidate for post modern America: from every where but from no where, he is black/he is white, he talks big but is rather effeminate, an expert on every issue but has no experience in anything, connects with impoverished communities of color (this means black BTW) yet was raised liberal white.

Obama made the bankers WHOLE on their money following 2008 by the massive assumption of debt so his feet were made of clay after all.

First order of business IMO: bust the banks to pieces. Regulate the hell out of them and crush Wall Street speculation.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

bust the banks to pieces

Although this was NEVER mentioned by ANYONE during the campaign…

The President-elect is as a matter of fact a career real estate developer whose ‘deals’ have prospered, lived and died on borrowed money. I GOTT a dollar to dime that says — At the very best, he has a love/hate relationship with bankers.

Perhaps, Mac has hit, knowingly or unknowingly, on the true source of Mr. Trump’s passion for national politics… idk…

——————-
    That said, while the bankers probably deserve it, busting the banks is a bit more complicated than first appears…. especially if your other number one priority is to create real jobs for real people.

except from BOTB’s history of North Carolina…

Beginning in the mid 19th century, the Textile Industry was the backbone of North Carolina’s industrial economy until the end of 20th century – 150 years in total. At least three times — 1890s, 1930s, late 1980s — after periods of expansion in the number of mills, there were consolations, not in output, but in the number of mills/companies…

From day one… starting with the Holt family in Alamance County, the Textile Industry was financed by New York bankers who provided the capital for equipment, for cotton/raw materials, financed inventories and accounts receivables. That four loans and four interest payments for every product sold. The Bankers also financed the sale and acquisition of mills/companies who defaulted on their notes to more solvent companies.

On the other street of the street, available credit for the mills was dependent on the banks solvency and it’s ability to borrow money from it’s lenders/investors. There were also times when mills had expansion opportunities that could not be realized due to the banks inability to make the loans necessary.

Bottom line here — just a reminder — No Business Credit — No New Jobs.

and then there’s this…

If Mr. Trump brought back ALL the FunnyMoney of GeorgeWBush…. he still couldn’t get the banks to bring the old cotton mill jobs back to North Carolina.

McCallum
    Participant

There should be no mercy for the big banks, Wall Street speculation or international finance.

The problem for the left is they forfeited any claims to fighting those entities because they sold out to the clintons in the quest for power. Sanders, one about as far genetically and morally from the origins of American progressivism (always nativist in its true origin), tapped into that traditional understanding and it’s very Jacksonian roots. Trump hit it as well and I believe a realignment is in the works.

The pandering to the masses in the name of civil rights, not self evident and supplied by government FOR the enhancement of governmental powers, or free market economics which supply and bulk banks, Wall Street and international finance both NEGATE the power of the people within their communities to govern themselves. There is a belief among the left and the right (Neo-conservative) that somewhere someone is minding their own business and being left the hell alone. Neither of the aforementioned can stand the thought that people could or should be left alone and they will not stand for it.

And finally, nice to see Deborah Ross sent to the house. Yankee, English major from Brown, unc educated lawyer…….is there anything more detestable to a native North Carolinian of the lower agrarian class?

McCallum

YogiNC
    Participant

Tuesday night I watched with great amusement as the “ones in the know” became the fools. I’ve been “underwater” so to speak for the last 2.5 weeks as our data crunching was in full tilt boogie. I’m only going to say this once, there were people who knew The Duck had a very good chance of winning. One of them was Jim Goodman. Look back over the polls. WRAL had Trump taking NC by 7 late in the race. He won by 5 with Johnson taking 3% which was not accounted for in WRAL’s poll. Goodman knew it, and there was no one who believed that poll.

The Donald’s team knew by Sunday they had to only pull one card for an inside straight with 4 possible cards to fill it, Penn, Mich, Wisc, and Minn. Minn was the really long shot. Penn was the biggie, and when Ohio came in as strong as it did for Trump they know Penn was no longer a long shot. There were polls out there that knew this could happen. The data was there it was just contrary to so much other supposedly good data. The difference in the sources of data were the key. Face to face polling was by a factor of more than 5 more accurate than any other types of data in this election. IPSOS used those methods in the 2014 elections and they were almost dead on target (under 0.5% error) in over 85% of the races nationwide, they were inside 1.5% error on the rest. Reuters bought them out after that election and promptly decided they could do the same thing with IPSOS formulas in phone polling. They were wrong. They weren’t even close. While IPSOS predictive formulas were highly accurate they could only act on the data they were given. Reuters did not account in the accuracy of face to face polling. And as Forest Gump would say “That’s all I’m going to say about that” except there were people who knew this election was going to be much different than prognosticated. The data was there the supposed experts just didn’t know where to look for it.

Smarter than the average bear

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I believe a realignment is in the works

yes… the irony is that Obama started this in 2008 in a big way, but couldn’t finish the job…

Trump revived it, in a sense, albeit from a different direction, using the same grassroots tools — social media and a message of change.

“The Change Party” would hope to be a Middle/Moderate American party, leaving the Republican and Democrat extremists reduced to less than 20% of the electorate each.

The question is can Mr. Trump finish the job…

Critical Realignment by definition requires two consecutive Presidential elections — the first one is always close as was the case earlier this week — the second requires a minimum in the high 50’s or more of the popular vote.

————————

yogi… it’s harder to lie to the pollster face to face than on the phone
    People lie to pollsters….

YogiNC
    Participant

BOTB, the face to face changes quite a few dynamics for the pollster. It is easier to get specific target groups, the questions tend to be more simplistic such as rate on a scale of 1 to 10, participants are given a coupon for their time and tend to be more engaged, and the polling is done at supermarkets. EVERYONE has to eat so you get a much better cross section of the statistical population (within the selected polling area). The data is still being sliced and diced for this year for accuracy but in 2014 it was determined to be well under 1% which is tremendously better than the 4% tolerance. I’m not at liberty to discuss specifics of methodologies or results. It’s not cheap but accuracy never is.

Smarter than the average bear

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 511 total)
  • The topic ‘NC Political Predictions’ is closed to new replies.