Gotts future

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Gotts future

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

More rewriting history to bash State.

Kirk was and is “a project”. That was stated before he was signed, after he signed, and after he enrolled.

The dumb statement factor on this site has been trending up quite a bit of late.

Rick
    Keymaster

Things are getting silly around here. Is it the planetary alignment that brings out the nervous nellies?

Probably the 0-5 record combined with the downward trend in recruiting. But feel free to call everyone who disagrees with you a chicken little (I remember those same remarks about herbie).

Rick
    Keymaster

Kirk was and is “a project”. That was stated before he was signed, after he signed, and after he enrolled.

The dumb statement factor on this site has been trending up quite a bit of late.

I agree he was and is a project. However I remember the Gott supporters on this very calling him a recruiting coup cuz Cal wanted him when I dared to mention the recruiting is trending downward.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Perhaps you are right, (although a quick google search about him committing has nothing in reference to him being a project) he however would probably start at a lower tiered school and that IMO will be the motivating factor for him to leave.

Rick
    Keymaster

In fact a quick search shows a lot of these types of comments. http://www.statefansnation.com/forums/topic/shaun-kirk-recommits-to-nc-state/

Here are some quotes from that very thread. BTW I did not post all of the trolling by the Gott supporters. Interesting that he is now a “project” now that he is not getting playing time.

“Looks like the sometimes hated Gottfried brought in a good catch, though many skeptics thought Cali would change his decision.”

“The last 12 hours have been stellar for Mark Gottfried. LOL. Damn chicken littles”

“Good news for State and I think for Kirk as well. I think he can come in and challenge for serious minutes in year 1. A player that can shoot the three, goes hard to the rim and hustles is pretty valuable at the SF position.”

tjfoose1
    Participant

he however would probably start at a
    lower tiered school and that IMO will be the motivating factor for him to leave.

That sounds reasonable. I don’t know enough to know if he’d ‘probably’ start, but certainly get playing time.

Regardless, a hypothetical transfer would not be the result of unreasonable coaching decisions on Kirk’s playing time.

TheCOWDOG

Funny. The only people I see QUITING on the kid reside in the bleacher section. He could be a Sr. in HS, too. No?

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

He could be a Sr. in HS, too. No?

no

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Now… if Mr. Kid who from all I’ve seen has tremendous potential while at the same time getting all the minutes he’s earned stands at the fork in road…

At the end of the day, it’s the young man’s decision… I’m sure Coach(s) are reminding him of the…

Old Chinese Proverb —
    “What’s in the way… is the Way.”

What else?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I wonder if you will address Ricks post about this?

tjfoose1
    Participant

I now rarely address Rick’s posts, let alone read them.

TheCOWDOG

He could be a Sr. in HS, too. No?

no

Late bloomer, then. That much is a fact.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I now rarely address Rick’s posts, let alone read them.

I probably wouldnt either if I got destroyed in the manner you did.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Ok, so I went back and read it.

Tell me exactly, old wise one, how I got destroyed?

Maybe your problem isn’t with history after all, maybe it’s that you just like to make sh*t up?

tjfoose1
    Participant

xx

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Ok, so I went back and read it.

Tell me exactly, old wise one, how I got destroyed?

Maybe your problem isn’t with history after all, maybe it’s that you just like to make sh*t up?

Sweet Christ, if I have to explain it to you like a simpleton then whats the use. You went on a rant complaining about something rewriting history about Kirk being a “project”. Alas, no article I could find (feel free to prove me wrong) says anything about him being a project but contributing immediately, then Rick finds the very thread on here about when he commits. In it the bulk of the posters are high fiving saying he will get minutes, huge get, big contribution, etc (well you get the point). But yet you feign ignorance about what we are talking about here. In closing, nobody thought he would be this 4 year project that you are trying to make him out to be.

Carry on with your “whoa, what, who did what now?” ignorance

tjfoose1
    Participant

So…. you’re trying to hold me responsible for the comments of others?

I did not go “on a rant”.

I am not “the bulk of the posters”.

I never said he was a “4 year project”.

I feign no ignorance. I simply fail to see how what you reference buttresses your claim.

Kirk was, and still is, a project. Even the source you are attempting to use as support, Rick, agrees with that. If you didn’t know, or don’t know, or can’t seem to find that written anywhere, it doesn’t change the truth of the matter.

What I posted was, and is, accurate.

So again, I ask. How did I get destroyed?

On second thought, never mind. I’m done with you.

pakfanistan
    Participant

In it the bulk of the posters are high fiving saying he will get minutes, huge get, big contribution, etc (well you get the point).

I went back and read it just to be sure….and I have to say, BFS. ONE guy said he COULD get starter minutes. The BULK of the posts said he was a nice pickup, which he was.

JasonP
    Participant

Things are getting silly around here. Is it the planetary alignment that brings out the nervous nellies?

Probably the 0-5 record combined with the downward trend in recruiting. But feel free to call everyone who disagrees with you a chicken little (I remember those same remarks about herbie).

Disagreements are fine, but silly stuff like unfounded player transfer garbage being deflected onto the coach are ridiculous.

There’s no comparison b/w Gott and Herb. Light years away from each other.

Rick
    Keymaster

Disagreements are fine, but silly stuff like unfounded player transfer garbage being deflected onto the coach are ridiculous.

There’s no comparison b/w Gott and Herb. Light years away from each other.

I have no idea what the “player transfer garbage” means. Gott has had an average of two players a year leave before their eligibility is up. That is a problem even if you think it is “ridiculous”. When you keep a short bench and only play a 7 player rotation, this is what happens. Gott has his strengths, player retention is not one of them.

TheCOWDOG

If the national transfer rate is at 33.1 %, how is it that Gottfried has a player retention problem?

Now show us where early departure levels are high, here, as compared to the norm.

Rick
    Keymaster

Gott’s players leaving early is more than 33 1/3 %.
    He has had more players leave than finish their eligibility. That’s a problem.

TheCOWDOG

No. His transfer rate is under the norm. Now show us where early departures are out of line.

JasonP
    Participant

CD is right on the money.

“Leave” is an ambiguous term. Break it down b/w transfers and leaving early for the NBA. Then break it down to the quality that we’re missing from these transfers.

Btw; the “player transfer garbage” refers to a recent troll thread that was thankfully shut down.

tractor57
    Participant

And do some research on V and Sloan..

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.