Game Thread – Wolfpack Football in Blacksburg

Home Forums All StateFansNation Game Thread – Wolfpack Football in Blacksburg

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 337 total)
  • Author
    Classof89
    Participant

We just knocked Motley out of the game. AFter that awful UNC game in Charlotte, we know 3rd string QBs are the kiss of death for us…

Rick
    Keymaster

Maybe we can beat the third string qb

Texpack
    Participant

THe playcalling continues to boggle my mind…Seven straight runs, and then a rollout pass on 3rd and 2? WTF?? And what good does a field goal do when you are downn 11?

It’s called the element of surprise. Like the blind man at the drive through. Never ends well but it’s a surprise.

golf76
    Participant

Yes, I am going to do this. Not sure all the facts were considered. Personally I love that we don’t have two strong running backs now and that we have to take field goals instead of TD’s. Don’t you? Go ahead and cut this post but if we had Shad we would likely be undefeated now and ahead in this game.

Classof89
    Participant

THough I hate to agree with Mack Brown, I thought for sure they were setting up something else (play action, some kind of misdirection)….but evidently they were not. I’ve never met Canada or seen him speak. Is he not the sharpest knife in the drawer?

BJD95
    Keymaster

I don;t mind the 3rd and 2 pass…assuming you are willing to fucking go for it on 4th.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I think perhaps this team just needs more STAAAAHHHSS

SaccoV
    Participant

Good to hear from you Rick! Maybe we’ll bring Shad back to kick for us!!

Classof89
    Participant

Right–you run the low percentage roll-out because you have something special for 4th an 2…Fake FG maybe? And then #$%^ Bambard gets another delay. I thought the Heisman pose was cute at first…now it just irritates me.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Think good ole Dave will call out the fans for not showing up tonight?

Classof89
    Participant

Clearly, they’ve figured out something about VT’s d-line..

Classof89
    Participant

does look like we are wearing down their D a little…but we have to finish…

BJD95
    Keymaster

No, you throw a pass because you think they won’t be expecting it and can get a TD instead of just a 1st down.

Classof89
    Participant

lame blocking by #48

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

something therapeutic about venting during the bitch phase of the games.. and Lord knows we have those each game… each “real” game I should say

Classof89
    Participant

I understand…but why call the slow-developing rollout?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wide open, and a shit pass. UGH

BJD95
    Keymaster

I understand…but why call the slow-developing rollout?

Yeah, not defending that particular call, just the idea of throwing in general. Slow-developing just allows them to react.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Brisset moving nicely in the pocket, but his arm been asleep for the last two games. At least he’s not put it on the ground like he’s wont to do.

Classof89
    Participant

We just can’t seem to consistently execute against a P-5 defense…there are flashes of brilliance, which makes it all the more frustrating. I tell you what, Doeren goes 2-6 or 3-5 in the ACC, there will be lots of grumbling in this offseason. He’s in Tom Reed territory in terms of ACC winning percentage if he loses tonight…

Texpack
    Participant

This makes me appreciate watching the Coogs play. Ward is the real deal as a QB. I wish Brisett was better on the deep throws. It’s his one glaring weakness.

Khan
    Participant

Our air assault is lethal….

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yes, I am going to do this. Not sure all the facts were considered. Personally I love that we don’t have two strong running backs now and that we have to take field goals instead of TD’s. Don’t you? Go ahead and cut this post but if we had Shad we would likely be undefeated now and ahead in this game.

Cut this post? Why on Earth would I do that? Aaaannnnddd…is that gangsta speak fo’ “delete”???

I’d love to have Shad in the backfield.

Sadly, I’m able to actually view real world events real-ly. ie….Shad fucked up…as I previously mentioned.

In a perfect world, Shad could smoke weed, beat women and run over innocent civilians during the week while running for TD’s and rescuing otherwise losing fball teams from the dregs of loserdom on Saturday (or Friday in this case).

In closing…yeah, I’d LOVE to have Shad. Who made that not possible??? Yeah, Shad.

Classof89
    Participant

And the inability to competently down a punt inside the 10 the last two games also irritates the heck out of me…

Classof89
    Participant

we HAVE to take advantage of Motley’s limited mobility…and it does no good to let them pick up a 1st down or two and change field position….

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 337 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.